Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8580 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What does the current staff of Marvel have against Thor?

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By OmegaRed86

In Thor's Defense: He was at the tail end of a week long war where he had to protect Asgard during the Odin Sleep. He fought Hordes of Enemies along side other Asgardians. He fought Hulk, he tried to reason with him. When he find out Loki was in control, he zapped him Loki out of the body. Now Thor is fighting Super Savage Pissed Off Hulk. He's still trying not to kill him, but put him down.

But why this Thor defense is futile: He screamed like a bitch when Hulk punched his wrist and he got beat into the ground. Yeah....I guess all those times of fighting without his hammer meant nothing. Even when he later hit Hulk in the arm and might him cry, it didn't have the same effect as Thor's yelp.

F%%% You, Marvel.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#302  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @OmegaRed86 said:

In Thor's Defense: He was at the tail end of a week long war where he had to protect Asgard during the Odin Sleep. He fought Hordes of Enemies along side other Asgardians. He fought Hulk, he tried to reason with him. When he find out Loki was in control, he zapped him Loki out of the body. Now Thor is fighting Super Savage Pissed Off Hulk. He's still trying not to kill him, but put him down.

But why this Thor defense is futile: He screamed like a bitch when Hulk punched his wrist and he got beat into the ground. Yeah....I guess all those times of fighting without his hammer meant nothing. Even when he later hit Hulk in the arm and might him cry, it didn't have the same effect as Thor's yelp.

F%%% You, Marvel.

This is sort of the philosophy I like as an approach. I didn't think too badly of the Avengers EMH cartoon when I watched it, in a general sense. I expected some parts that would make me roll my eyes, like inconsistency with the power balance as to not make too many characters redundant. I think I remember a scene early on when Captain America used peak human agility, skill and speed to throw Thor, Iron Man and Hulk around a bit. Superficial damage only, and Captain America probably needs such moments so people not familiar with the character can understand why he is so respected without having years of comics little moments build up. Just that part of my brain that thinks wonders why Iron Man, Hulk and Thor suddenly have zero balance or ability to tense and control their weight and strength. lol 

So things like Thor battling a Herald of Galactus with a group annoyed me (Thor and Hulk having to fight Heralds in groups), oh and when he fought Beta Ray Bill, and Bill grabbed Thor's hammer, and this really annoyed me, Thor backed away. Creatively I think that sucks. Thor loses his weapon and the other guy has it, so now Thor backs away? If Thor wants to express shock or surprise thats one thing, but he should be written as standing firm and holding his ground even if without weapon against opponents with weapons. So seeing Thor back away way was meh to me.  

That being said, Thor was awesome in the episode with the Skrulls Invasion, he pretty much did all the work, and then against the Kree it was Thor who basically single handily held off the entire Kree army (or some division or contingent of the Kree army near its capital) while the rest of the heroes confronted the Kree Supreme Intelligence and then Thor still ends up playing a pivotal role against the Supreme Intelligence after commenting he found all those Kree lacking (or something like that). Then that last episode though with a character asking Captain America why he wasn't freaking out and so calm in the presence of Galactus, I expected Captain America to say something about justice and freedom, lol Captain America instead says its because he hears the thunder - which cues Thor entering the scene and being awesome. It was one of those group victory things but as far as power goes Thor was easily the most impressive in helping beat Big G.                
    NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By NerdsFTW

Everything. He is nothing more than a punching bag.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#304  Edited By jhazzroucher

Thor got beaten by Dazzler.

This is unbelievable. : (

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#305  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher said:

You're taking things out of context. First of all, he was never beaten in that sense, he just fell, secondly, there's a very good reason and explanation for that.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

You're taking things out of context. First of all, he was never beaten in that sense, he just fell, secondly, there's a very good reason and explanation for that.

he fell and never stood to fight back.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Do you know how Dazzler's powers work ?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Yes and they're not too powerful to beat Thor.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Lol. No you don't. Go back and get some scans, read what Xavier said, then reply back to me.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Lol. No you don't. Go back and get some scans, read what Xavier said, then reply back to me.

Maybe not that much but then again, Thor was down and beaten on that issue.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Stop replying if you haven't read what Xavier said. Thanks.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#312  Edited By gravitypress

@AgeofHurricane: Even if gods somehow make more noise than mortals for Dazzler to absorb she has never been strong enough to hurt a heavyweight.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@gravitypress said:

@AgeofHurricane: Even if gods somehow make more noise than mortals for Dazzler to absorb she has never been strong enough to hurt a heavyweight.

That's not even the point.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By gravitypress

@AgeofHurricane: Er this is the What does the current staff at Marvel have against Thor? thread? if so how is that not the point?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Stop replying if you haven't read what Xavier said. Thanks.

I've read it. I don't think it should hurt Thor. How loud was the sound made by Thor? would it be enough to hurt Thor?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#316  Edited By THORSON

not sure. but THOR is a badass

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#317  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @NerdsFTW said:

Read a book.....This isn't true and it never was. Thor fans need to stop b_tching because their favorite character loses sometimes. Everyones favorite characters loses some times.
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#318  Edited By Pyrogram

@Vance Astro said:

@NerdsFTW said:

Read a book.....This isn't true and it never was. Thor fans need to stop b_tching because their favorite character loses sometimes. Everyones favorite characters loses some times.

EXACTLY! This this and more of this!

xvalkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By xvalkar
    Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkT036deZ4

xvalkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By xvalkar
    No Caption Provided

Considering how many people have been beating up Thor with his own hammer he should probably just leave the hammer at home from now on.

Let's see, who's beaten the crap out of Thor lately: Hulk, Rulk, Emma Frost, the Phoenix force also Ko'ed him, Hulk again, the U-Foes, DIABLO...yeah, DIABLO....the Dazzler, Professor X Ko'ed him very easily (along with everyone else, but it's good to know Professor X can one shot Thor if he ever wants to), Hulk again, Taurus, Tutinax, Sentry...am I missing anyone? Oh yeah, Hulk again.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor fans enough we are not the only ones who have a favorite character being jobbed on a daily basis by writers who hate certain characters. Every character whether Marvel or DC is going to be jobbed or humiliated. We take in strides and look forward to moments in his own books of awesome moments. Besides Thor had better moments in EMH than Hulk, Hulk went down like paperweight to Black Widow a non powered street level spy, pretty weak.

xvalkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By xvalkar
    No Caption Provided

One shot by his own hammer. Seriously, he should leave his hammer at home.

xvalkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By xvalkar

Thor sucks against Lightning

No Caption Provided

Does anyone else find it funny that the only person who gets knocked out by Thor's lightning is Thor? How many lightning bolts has hit people like Iron Man, the Hulk, the Red Hulk, etc with, and they keep coming. Thor takes one lightning bolt and he's out for the count.

Hell, now we know that Thor's lightning only makes Iron Man more powerful! Too bad it doesn't do that for Thor!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, it knocked him down, not necessarily out. Let's not forget he did knock Hulk out with a bolt before.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xvalkar said:
    No Caption Provided

One shot by his own hammer. Seriously, he should leave his hammer at home.

As much as I like the Incredible Hercules series, Pak and Lente had a bad habit of short changing other gods especially for Amadeus Cho.

A lot of these other scenes posted are during a time period where Thor was getting his butt kicked by anyone and everyone.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because he isn't ruthless like wolverine and hulk so they put him in the back seat, when THOR has proven to be great without the attitude like hulk and wolverine

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread need to be locked

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they hate cool characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
    deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor certainly had his low showings.

But there was that moment of glory when Stracynski was writing him. And I'll be honest, Jason Aaron is writing this character like a boss! Props to Jason Aaron for a stellar job on Thor: God of Thunder.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By TheGodofThunder

For a while, after JMS was writing thor and before Jason Aaron took over, Thor was quite the jobber and not just in comics but media too. It seems like Marvel now has been a sort of renaissance for Thor as he has had quite a bit of respect from writers these days. Jason aaron in his solo book, Hickman gave him some of the best showings in Infinity, and Remender with Uncanny Avengers. Now we only need the media section on board. Chris Yost is slated to write Thor 3, and after the low balling that was Dark World, I'm not very excited.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could make THOR into an icon. I'm not sure why they choose not too.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who doesn't find Thor's Infinity stuff as impressive as others? So he blasted his hammer through an alien and hit Thanos hard. As far as team books go, Remender's done a better job showcasing Thor in Uncanny Avengers.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: His showings in infinity may not have been much, but it was more than other power houses got. Hyperion and hulk were both having trouble with members of the cull obsidian. Thor actually went toe to toe with thanos for a second.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Spiderman1997

Well Idon't know about you people but I think Jason Aaron brought back Thor for me. In the Gorr and Godbomb saga his punches were shattering planets around, he hit Gorr so hard once he sent him light years away and then a young version of him punched Gorr so hard that his punch created a black hole as a side effect. And lately Old Thor was also fighting Galactus and doing pretty well for an old guy.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: His showings in infinity may not have been much, but it was more than other power houses got. Hyperion and hulk were both having trouble with members of the cull obsidian. Thor actually went toe to toe with thanos for a second.

Thor did go toe to toe with Thanos...for a second. And didnt seem to have any effect. His lightning in particular was completely no-sold. The Cull Obsidian were actually very formidable and Hulk had a pretty decent moment when he braced the weight of a supernova star on his back. All in all though - not a great day for The Avengers.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron is doing perfectly & finally bringing Thor back to life! & he wasn't too bad in EMS but in this avengers assemble show they got him getting beat up by Dracula who is like a 4 tonner & Attuma a 60 tonner when wet . Thor is comics got a bad rep for awhile but media Thor get treated like some b rate alien imposter . I miss old Thor that single handedly fought the celestials ... & thanos & Mangog . At least comic wise his coming back but media he's just getting worst

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's too powerful.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

he's too powerful.

they don't know how to be creative using a powerful hero like THOR. they only have the skills to use B-list heros.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder said:

Thor did go toe to toe with Thanos...for a second. And didnt seem to have any effect. His lightning in particular was completely no-sold. The Cull Obsidian were actually very formidable and Hulk had a pretty decent moment when he braced the weight of a supernova star on his back. All in all though - not a great day for The Avengers.

I agree, they were pretty much manhandled. Hulk, Thor and Hyperion may have had decent "moments" (Thor had the most visible ones) but Thanos was clearly amped up for Infinity. The only thing Thor did to Thanos was hit him hard and stagger him for maybe five seconds. Sorry but when you have three characters who are strong enough to shatter a moon, they should be able to at least threaten Thanos. I think fifthchild would agree that historically both Thor and Hulk have had infinitely more impressive showings, even against Thanos. It seems most writers today aren't well versed in the art of the superhero slugfest.

aztekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of those people (already considerably powerful to begin with, especially when simultaneously blasting someone) had their powers amped by the norn stones wielded by the hood.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe because he's white. 8O

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor being the only god like character in marvel is boring and unfair to the other heroes and villians. Thor wouldn't need to join the Avengers, or be on earth or even bother with helping other superheroes stop bad guys if he suddenly had the power to make characters like galactus hurt or stomp a celestial with good ol Viking god brawling. Hell lets make some of the other non mystical god like powerhouses as strong as thor for a change, other than Hulk(but not entirely excused from this), let Ben Grimm and RockSlide take a shot at Silver Surfer and win by just beating him up.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By arthurkerr

Lmao Thor knocked out by his own lightning that is some wac stuff. He should be immune to it and has be known to withstand the heat of the sun. So Lightning knocks him out his own power at that.

Yeah this post is spot on if that is the case.

oh and as for the case where the hulk attacks his homeland I do not see Thor holding back he will kill you in his home land.

Poor Hulk mind controled or not would come to know pain of the worse kind.

I wish they would stop saying Thor does not kill because Thor will end your days if he thinks your evil and dare anybody to say a thing. He is a warrior born not a pro wrestler.

All the world would look at Thor and see the protector of Earth not just some average hero he is on the level of Superman and he has the power to back it up. The hulk is strong but Captain America put him down a few times not stopping him but tossed him around.

Thor has just as much fighting knowledge and so this fight should be a fast simple fight for Thor.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a jobber lol

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else remember when Eric with Thurs ppowers did Ko sentry

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#347  Edited By lazarus4tempest

Obviously they hate him look what they are allowing Kelly to make CM beat Thor...trash

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember reading through this thread when I first joined the Vine, some of the posts are pretty funny now that Thor is still pretty embarrassing in many titles.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rabumalal: i hope Danny Cates fixes all those undermining he has been through...i just hope

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR is still the best

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.