Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

what are thou powerith of Odin beforith thou Odinforceith?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Before Odin was Allfather .... What indeed was he?

I mean Thor is God of thunder and fertility and battle and strength... yes he was over worked....

Loki was god of mischief.

Balder was the god of light.

So what was Odin before he kind of retired and just sat on the throne being all bored and starting to mess with his kids?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Odin was Allfather .... What indeed was he?

I mean Thor is God of thunder and fertility and battle and strength... yes he was over worked....

Loki was god of mischief.

Balder was the god of light.

So what was Odin before he kind of retired and just sat on the throne being all bored and starting to mess with his kids?

Hmmh, what I know he had normal asgardian powers except his strength and energy manipulation powers. I think that he were about class 90?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: He was the same as Thor. Strength, Durability and Mjolnir powers.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: He was the same as Thor. Strength, Durability and Mjolnir powers.

Are you sure? I mean, Thor's strength and durability comes that he is elder-god hybrid. I don't think that Odin was without odin force so strong and durable.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Claymore1998

He would still have his vanilla asgardian powers. But its hard to know because very little is known about young Odin. We know more about him once his dad passed away, where he lived alongside 2 brothers. He still has some extra powers, and 3 of the brother at one point faced against Surtur himself.

Though it would not be called Odin Force till the 3 brothers died and he gained their powers too so its a hard question to answer.

I am also fairly certainly why Thor is so strong or durable has never been shown, linking it to Elder God seems like a fan speculation as far as i see it.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: But there is also the fact that Thor was the son of an All-Father. So he was born with Odin-Force in him. I see Odin would get strength at least on Thor's tier.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arthurkerr

Yeah its just a pot luck thing , like Speed being Hermes , or Strength being Hercs so its not something you know till they display it. So Thor was strong and so they made him the belt and gave him the gloves to make him stronger and he called forth the storms and they said. Oh so we know what you will do. Or Balder being so bright he made any women fall in love with him and was a natural leader so they knew what he was. Loki was said to follow Odin's example and it was said Odin did like Loki more because of this. He had a wonder Lust but what indeed was his powers before he was Odin the all powerful?

OK , I see my mistake. Odin had no father in myth he was the first and truly became All Father lol.

He was never young at all lol.

He slayed the giant and blah blah blah etc etc.

So I guess whom ever writes Odin would have to fill in allot of blanks.

wow the web is fickle on this whole thing

Bor lol but its really crazy

however this is all crazy because Odin slays the first Gaint and makes things from him.

So it is all messed up.

I think we will just say Odin was really a lonely child lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was still the god of wisdom, he cut out his eye as a sacrifice when he was a child.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

He was still the god of wisdom, he cut out his eye as a sacrifice when he was a child.

I hate the fact that all other writers use Odin in just about every role possible yet Marvel seems short sighted in how they view him. Such wasted potential.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: true but I have to admit Odin is kind of a huge jerk in comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Are. What are Odin's powers without the Odinforce.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor_Donar

@squares said:

Are. What are Odin's powers without the Odinforce.

Are there rules for bad English writing? I won't last long in comicvine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@thor_donar: Rules? Oh, no, there's nothing in the rules about that.

Welcome to CV!

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Thanks see what i mean! i will keep the English dictionary open, but will be hard.

I like your Thor posts in several topics, it's strange to see how much you appreciate the character with that avatar!

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Thank you, the edit option is fantastic!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: haha don't worry too much, there's no rules about it and a lot of other people aren't that great either. Welcome to CV

Batman's my favorite character overall but Thor is by far my favorite marvel one.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Thank you, Thor is the only reason that i read comics, and marvel as a lot of characters i don't understand why to change one that doesn't fit the mantle profile, Steve Rogers is no longer Captain America now he is just Steve Rogers, and Thor is no longer Thor now he is Thor!!!

Odin is back after O S 5.4, do you think this is temporary only to Angela story line or he will be again the all father of Asgard?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: I think he's back for good. He was only on an exile that he put himself on, and he was very angry when Thor disturbed him from it the first time. I doubt he's gonna go back now that he himself decided to return.

I also think him coming back would make more sense since we have the new female Thor coming up. It would make us feel a little better knowing Odin knows about female Thor and is back in action, he will eventually make everything normal again. If Odin didn't return, Asgard would be ruled by the all mother and female thor, which doesn't sound good at all.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Don't forget the daughter Angela!

The Original Sin story line is so forced to replace the mjolnir owner, I think Odin himself will not know who the new female Thor is.

Last interview of Jason Aaaron

Nrama: I would assume this would be followed up on in Thor, but is some might say Original Sin #8 might have some answers. Where will the next wrinkle in story be revealed – and will we ever learn what Nick Fury said to Thor?

Aaron:It’s one of the ongoing questions in the new Thor series. Readers aren’t going to find out the answer right out of the gate in Thor #1, but it’s certainly a question a lot of people have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: it sucks that he's not even going to let us know what Fury said for a while. Thor is made unworthy by words and he won't even tell us what was said...

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thimk his powers were roughly the same except for their sheer scope.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.