Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Wait a Second, Just how powerful Was Kurse?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

posted this on another forum fyi

GOTG SPOILERS BELOW!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Ok, so, Ronen in GOTG gets one of the infinity Gems and is basically indestructible with the ability to level a whole entire planet. No one

could touch him. Rocket blasted a shot that was supposed to be

able to "take out a moon". And he survived a galactic space ship

crashing. So with that said, if Kurse was at a similar level, Thor's

showing isn't so bad. Ronen also stated that he could now go toe

to toe with Thanos and was coming after him as soon as he was

done destroying a planet.

ah... whatta good movie ... checking it out again.

poor job for Marvel for not giving Kurse a better power display.

irregardless Thor vs Malekith was still a good matchup. I enjoyed that battle

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics, Kurse is stated to be FOUR TIMES stronger than Thor. So yeah his showing isnt that bad at all, Kurse could probably put up a good fight against the likes of Thanos (strictly from a physical slugfest standpoint)

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He nearly stomped Thor. How is that not a good showing?

Beata

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Physically he's far stronger than Thor in both the mainstream Marvel Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physically he's far stronger than Thor in both the mainstream Marvel Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I agree I just think people don't know HOW strong. He's obviously way more powerful then Hulk.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anything that can shrug off mjolnir like it was a little kids nerf football is immensely powerful

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the swatting Mjolnir thing in the movie was massive PIS.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, mjolnir bounces off yet lokis sword goes right through him?? like wtf, is loki a jedi with a lightsaber??

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phisigmatau

@killraven4334 said:

@haveatthee said:

yeah, mjolnir bounces off yet lokis sword goes right through him?? like wtf, is loki a jedi with a lightsaber??

the blade going thru him had no bearin on him whatsoever.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaveAtThee

Eh, The Dark World could and should have been a very well done movie that actually explored the Nine Realms and focused on the Dark Elves more but it turned into a cutesy Disney love-fest with way too much snarky humor and blatantly idiotic plot-holes. That Kurse/Thor fight could've been epic, but it was another casualty of cuts and reshoots that happened while the film was in production. I'm curious to see the director's cut because I think I read somewhere that Alan Taylor had quite a different vision for the film.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MakkyD

Well, Thor couldn't take on Kurse physically and had to outsmart him.

@haveatthee-Hopefully, GOTG and Winter Soldier's success means that Marvel allow directors more creative freedom and the ability to go outside the "Marvel method" box

Neemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally The Beyonder had given the Kurse two times the abilities that Thor possessed and beat Thor well enough and If memory serves me right Thor donned the bealt of strength and was able to beat The Kurse making The Beyonder extremely mad and so he doubled Kurse's power again and I believe that Beta Ray Came in and Finally helped Thor end it once and for all. Most wont believe this but Kurse ended up being adopted by Asgard and Kurse actually became the protector of Children, that was his new responsibility! Yeah, I was taken back also when I saw that!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@neemia said:

Originally The Beyonder had given the Kurse two times the abilities that Thor possessed and beat Thor well enough and If memory serves me right Thor donned the bealt of strength and was able to beat The Kurse making The Beyonder extremely mad and so he doubled Kurse's power again and I believe that Beta Ray Came in and Finally helped Thor end it once and for all. Most wont believe this but Kurse ended up being adopted by Asgard and Kurse actually became the protector of Children, that was his new responsibility! Yeah, I was taken back also when I saw that!

This is what happened. ^

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By killraven4334

@maccyd said:

Well, Thor couldn't take on Kurse physically and had to outsmart him.

@haveatthee-Hopefully, GOTG and Winter Soldier's success means that Marvel allow directors more creative freedom and the ability to go outside the "Marvel method" box

What evidence do we have that what happened in those movies was not a direct result of the "Marvel Method"? Not arguing just wanting to know the facts

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.