Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Views on Thor currently and where he's heading?

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Poll Views on Thor currently and where he's heading? (24 votes)

Happy - It looks promising 58%
    Ok - Things still need to be improved but satisfied 25%
    Disappointing - I had hoped for more 8%
    Meh 8%
     • 
    The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Thunderer

Not overly fond of the artwork to be honest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

After the appalling state Fraction left Thor in, Aaron has improved things drastically. Thor has benefited from Marvel Now greatly. Can't wait for the Godbomb storyline!

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

After the appalling state Fraction left Thor in, Aaron has improved things drastically. Thor has benefited from Marvel Now greatly. Can't wait for the Godbomb storyline!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There still needs to be improvement, his power levels need to be made consistant as well as his mythos. He should remain the top tier character he has been in the past, and not vulnurable to attacks from characters, who aren't on his level.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_thunderer:

I THORoughly love this current story arc! Just really getting into Thor now, and I like this story line. I think the art is fine, I think it fits the setting somehow, I can see where your coming from, some of the Batman art hits me weird, even if it does seem to fit the Batman feel. Some artist tend to go a bit more "Arty" on their work than others, in various directions (like Gothic, or Cartoonish). Thor seems to be going for a "painting type" feel.

My terms might not be 100%, I'm not an art connoisseur. =P Basically, I get what you mean though with the art.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a great month for the God of Thunder. Uncanny Avengers was a great jumping-on point for a Thor-centric story, and God of Thunder 7 was another excellent installment in the great series that Jason Aaron, Esad Ribic and Scorcina are crafting. It's nice to see Thor involved in cosmos-spanning, pantheon-threatening stories in not only his own, but a team title, as well. Loved how Remender is using both Kang/Rama-Tut and Apocalypse in Uncanny Avengers. Thor figures to be a major player in this arc. I'm also excited about that monstrosity of a bomb in the God-Bomb issue. Thor's reaction and the bomb itself look quite imposing.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By New_World_Order
    @lvenger said:

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There still needs to be improvement, his power levels need to be made consistant as well as his mythos. He should remain the top tier character he has been in the past, and not vulnurable to attacks from characters, who aren't on his level.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He had a great showing against Apocalypse, who came in with a sneak attack while he was chugging inordinate amounts of booze. Thor purposely took that axe to the chest, and got up immediately after to destroy Apocalypse's Celestial armor. That shows considerable recovery and durability by Thor, considering he had an enchantment placed on the axe to where it could pierce Celestial armor.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cmartin

when was the last time thor punched someone....

thor is becoming like silver surfer rated as one as marvels strongest...

but all he does is surfs and shoots energy beams.....

all thor does is use his hmmer one fighting style very little hand to hand....

makes hm look wimpy

screw the energy blasts and lightning... I want to see some hand to hand once in a ble moon damn

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackReaper

Came here to "meh".

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HaveAtThee

@cmartin said:

makes hm look wimpy

screw the energy blasts and lightning... I want to see some hand to hand once in a ble moon damn

He has had great fist-fights with Gorr. He also basically killed Wolverine in Uncanny Avengers #3-4 with one shot. Considering how terribly he was handled under Fraction, he has had great showings in both his own title and Uncanny Avengers thus far. The beauty of the last few months is that in his own title his character has been greatly delved into by Aaron, giving us three different versions of Thor and how they handle things. I've learned more about the character in the last seven months than in the past 4-5 years (since the seminal JMS/Coipel/Djurdevic run). We're still going to get three different Thors saving the gods of Marvel from Gorr, as well as Thor chasing after Apocalypse, Kang and the resurrected shells and new Four Horsemen (Daken, Sentry, Reaper and Banshee). Things are definitely looking up.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great art, great villain, great story, great writing. Looks good to me.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

makes hm look wimpy

He has had great fist-fights with Gorr. He also basically killed Wolverine in Uncanny Avengers #3-4 with one shot. Considering how terribly he was handled under Fraction, he has had great showings in both his own title and Uncanny Avengers thus far. The beauty of the last few months is that in his own title his character has been greatly delved into by Aaron, giving us three different versions of Thor and how they handle things. I've learned more about the character in the last seven months than in the past 4-5 years (since the seminal JMS/Coipel/Djurdevic run). We're still going to get three different Thors saving the gods of Marvel from Gorr, as well as Thor chasing after Apocalypse, Kang and the resurrected shells and new Four Horsemen (Daken, Sentry, Reaper and Banshee). Things are definitely looking up.

I have the gorr saga up to issue 5, not one punch was thrown by thor so far...... its all hammer hammer axe..... axe...

are you talking about the wolverine fight where he has to use lightning /godblast to win?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently really loving what is happening with thor :D

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

@haveatthee said:

@cmartin said:

makes hm look wimpy

I have the gorr saga up to issue 5, not one punch was thrown by thor so far...... its all hammer hammer axe..... axe...

are you talking about the wolverine fight where he has to use lightning /godblast to win?

It's obvious Gorr is a powerful villain and Thor, being a natural warrior, carries some sort of weapon into a fight. Aaron and Remender have also tried to built up that axe's importance in both their titles as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.