Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Vent Thread: Re-watching Thor 2

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm watching Thor 2 before work and it re-affirms what I thought months ago.

1) Too much Jane Foster: They took one of the Godliest, manliest, toughest, and heroic marvel characters and turned his second movie into a romantic comedy with hints of actions and adventure. We need more Thor, more Nine Realms, and less her. And I could give a crap about make shift science experiment at the end.

2) Kill Jane's interns: I don't care how they do it, but do it. Pay that gap tooth girl a million dollars and get rid of her. No more "Meow Meow" jokes. Kill her and her sissy British intern. And no more "Jane goes on a date" scenes. Cut them a check, kill them all, and get rid of them.

3) Its called Thor, so show us why Thor is the GOD!: Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor. Charismatic, Strong, and a good actor. We will never get a better Thor than this. So when we see Thor fight, it had better be amazing. He's the God of Thunder. Asgard's best warrior. Son of Odin. Wielder of Mjolnir. I want more than just lightning bolts and a few hammer swings. I want to see Thor kick butt without the hammer, like the old school comics. I want to see Thor use all the elements in a fight. I want mystical energies to be used and eventually, THE GOD BLAST.

His fight with Kurse would have been the perfect opportunity for Thor to let lose. That should have been a knock down drag out fight, like he does in the OLD COMICs, or like we saw in Man of Steel movie. Thor gets hit with a boulder, punched a few times, and then Loki saves him with an anti-matter grenade. $%$^ You, Marvel. That was lame and you know it. Thor should have gotten up, grit his teeth, and charged head on to have an epic battle.

You dropped the ball Marvel. Thor's battles are EPIC and you made that fight into a soft wimper. $%$% You, Marvel.

------------------

I need to go to work, but I just needed somewhere to vent.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegared86: I could not have said it better! That's what Thor fans want! And I just hated the fast pace in the final battle just to give it action, one hit with mjolnir, cut to jane or the interns. Action is not only fast paced film editing. They wasted a good director like allan tylor on a bad written script. I liked The winter soldier better, I thought it had more action and one could felt that it was a movie about cap.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I liked both THOR movies. and i agree a lot of things do need to be better. THOR needs to be THOR and not some punching bag.

comedy i can deal with. but they need to make THOR into a powerhouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@omegared86: Blame the director, Kenneth Branagh. It's his fault.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Kenneth Branagh didn't direct thor 2. He did direct thor one where he was shown to be a power house. Alan taylor, who directed thor 2 isnt really to blame either. He has proven himself with game of thrones. I think the fault lies with christopher yost, who if you look at his other thor stories, doesn't understand the character. There is also fault in the other writers as well as marvel themselves for allowing the script to be developed. Alan Taylor did a great job with the rubbish he was told to turn into a movie.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Also: More Warriors 3 next time.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IronMan 3 was worse, much worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree 100%. Didn't feel like something something our expect from a Thor movie.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think i read somewhere that Thor is supost to be more super in the next movie demonstrate his power

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can agree with the Jane foster and intern thing but I disagree with everything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.