Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

unworthy Thor and his own book?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Should unworthy Thor have his own book?

I feel he should.

I want to return to reading about Thor and his adventures but the real Thor as in son of Odin.

This is what makes Thor a good character. Not the hammer but the journey he has been a part of. Why is that such a hard thing

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: i say thee yes wee need the true Odinson however the wa aaron is writing Thor is good dispite Thor giving his name all the other things are cool

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I do not care for the female. I do how ever wish to keep up with the old soul walking beaches and looking forward to battles and Lady Sif and Loki and Odin.

So many stories yet to be told

So many adventures yet to be taken.

I would even settle for unworthiness but the whole gang.

Well no Jane lol

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Thor already has a book.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Even as much as I like Aaron's Thor and everything he has done with the character so far, I don't want to read about unworthy Thor right now. It might be a good book but I am not up for that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he should leave the female Thor book let her deal with Roxxon, i have no interest in that story, it's not Asgard related, and Thor Odinson should go in quest between Asgard and the 10 realms, and in the end i would love to see one adventure related with his mother Gaea.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True words and we get to see him and his mother and future wife Sif with hope that is.

A grand quest getting back to Thor and his roots to go seek adventures.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all I want the real Thor back, I think him having his own book right now would be depressing. Marvel keeps trying to patch up what they're doing to him, like look we gave him a new arm, look he's okay with the newbie, look he has a DIFFERENT hammer, so you should be happy!!

I mean, it could be nice to have his own, limited book where he goes and regains his worthiness (and gets Mjolnir back), but I'd want someone other than Aaron writing it. I also don't think Marvel is willing to do that while the new book is selling so well, so any book with unworthy Thor would be oh look how I'm cool but NOT QUITE AS COOL AS THE NEW THOR.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd love to see a Ghost Rider team up against Surtur

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol rice.... but yes I would read it as well.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: Female Thor Book sales are good also because Of Thor Odinson, readers want to see him without mjolnir, if marvel didn't need him to sell the female Thor book they just could kill him and she was the only Thor, i would say that readers are more interested in the whisper than who is she, because she is human, and at this point everyone knows she is Roz.

All the sales from the marvel solo female lead are very low, besides female Thor.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From all reports he is barely in his own book. Not something I prefer. I played the wait it out game to many times with flash.... firestorm captain America and Thunder strike. Give me stories about Thor and this I will buy. But side characters should get their own books.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Asgaard I have to disagree. I think people are fascinated by the idea of female Thor, especially with all the press around it, and many of the people buying it are buying it to see a woman in that role. I don't think all that many of them are hardcore Thor fans who are concerned about his fate. Honestly, I'd be one of them if I hadn't been a Thor fan before and gotten attached to previous runs. Many readers I have seen want him out of the way and to focus on the newcomer.

I do think sales will drop after the reveal, but I think that will be because what old Thor fans are on the book will be underwhelmed and will drop, and the new fans will have a hard time hanging on because they'll have no idea who this Roz is. That's part of the reason I'm hoping it is not Roz: I think this run would become more meaningful if it wasn't her to both old and new fans.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Asgaard

@skaldadottir: Ok, valid points, so imagine that after the reveal, the story's go separated Unworthy Thor book, and female Thor book, what would sell more?

Marvel solo female superheros don't sell that well.

Batman37$3.99DC113,255
    No Caption Provided

You said many readers want him out of the way and to focus on the newcomer, but Thor Odinson is still the key character of the new book without him the new book didn't have any purpose, she is Roz or Jane that is for sure, and final result is the same, the problem as you said is that, neither Jane or Roz have connection to Asgard or Odin Freyja, Sif and Loki, Amora etc etc, and the Villians etc etc, if Thor Odinson was not there the book will still be called Thor because Aaron said so, but with no Asgard myths... And That wouldn't be a Thor book...

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaldadottir: True words there, the sad truth is that Aaron has done massive damage to the Thor story. It will be a while before we get the real Thor back and do away with this fake one.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr:

That would be a great idea, yeah. I gotta admit I'm not as appalled by femThor as I thought I would be. But as it stands the current "Thor" issue has a bit too much dichotomy for my taste as well, I don't know whether the real focus is on unworthy odinson, or femThor. And I feel it could let both characters down if it goes down that way (regardless of how one might feel about the identity switcheroo).

It is evident Thor becomes worthy again at some point or another, and who knows, maybe it is that experience alone that will make him become more a king than a prince and help him realise that there is more to him than just being an earth's defender. Thor is the fruit of 2 worlds (Gaia, earth and Odin, Asgard) and for a long time, he has been more of a mummy's boy (so to speak) than anything else. Odin is unworthy as well at the moment, so maybe it's time he steps up to the plate and follows his father's lineage, and even a broken Odin could still teach his son a thing or two.

Aaron's take on the 3 Thors clearly shows the character is going to go through a lot of changes, and to become future lord of asgard he IS gonna have to detach himself from earth somehow. In the God of Thunder issues, it almost made you think it was earth's destruction than anything that triggered that change in him (don't have the scan where OKT returns to a destroyed earth after gorr butcher) but maybe it was the loss of his hammer?

There's more than one way to prove your worth, and it doesn't have to revolve around Midgard. Either way, it would be good to see an "Odinson" series to document the change. Plus I would be interested in something exploring the father/son relationship more than the usual adversarial/prodigal stuff we've grown so accustomed to. Besides it has been made obvious that Odin has a lot of respect/ affection for his son (ie. the fear itself arc) but it's an aspect that hasn't been openly explored yet.

Aaron's run, up until now, has been relatively unquestioned by fans and readers alike, so maybe he has more in mind than just a "superior spiderman" mock-up. Either way, we will see ;p.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Zarathos022

@cgoodness: Now THAT'S a story I would read. In fact any story where Thor (hammer or not) is actually treated like a hero instead of serving as a butt monkey sounds good to me.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd love to see him in action should be a good comic book probably different

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarathos022: I agree give us the rise back to worthy again and his saving grace plus a true adventure and you got a sale. I mean it is truly why you by a comic or read a book or watch a movie

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard Argh, my previous post didn't post! Let me try this again...

Marvel's female books don't sell well, no, but you also have Ms. Marvel up there, which sold 30,282 at its 10th issue. Not stellar, but still a lot better than the other female books.

Then, looking at Thor. Thor #3 sold 72,563 physical copies, outstripping its predecessor (Thor: GoT #3 sold 55,547 issues). The last issue of Thor: God of Thunder sold 38,330 copies. Even if we say every single person buying the last God of Thunder issue is reading the new Thor book solely for unworthy Thor, almost half the new readers are buying it for female Thor. That means even if every single one of the people reading it for unworthy Thor drops it, the female Thor book still has the chance to be comparable in numbers to Thor: God of Thunder.
    I think that gives credence to the idea that there are a lot of readers who aren't here for unworthy Thor, they're here for the newcomer.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@skaldadottir:

No Caption Provided

Last issue of Thor God of Thunder sold 53,047 not 38,330.

Issue 2 and 3 of Thor God of Thunder were released in the same month, and that didn't happen with this new book, and at the time Jason Aaron Run was starting his writing on Thor, he wasn't a proven writer on Thor, like when Thor 1 was released, this new book was a pr stunt with main stream attention, that didn't happen with TGOT, and many readers are reading because they want to know who she is, and i said:

"so imagine that after the reveal, the story's go separated Unworthy Thor book, and female Thor book, what would sell more?"

I think that many casual readers don't dream who she is, the sales will drop a lot after the reveal, i bet there still people thinking that she is Asgardian, but this new book has new female readers, that is a fact and that was the point of this Pr stunt, and with all that media attention i thought the sales will be higher, than they actually are, what you are missing in this topic is the quality of the story, that matters a lot, if Thor Odisnon is out of her book, a Roxxon story couldn't carry that book for long, and an unworthy story with Thor has lot o potential, with all Asgard and the 10 realms, the Whisper, and i would like that Gaea could pop up in this difficult moment for Thor Odinson, in the end she is not Thor she is Agent Roz with Mjolnir, and after the reveal she has no potential, that's why an unworthy Thor book will never happen, She needs Thor Odinson in the story, because he is Thor and she is Mjolnir's Host.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Oops, my mistake! I was looking at issue 24, not 25.

I agree though, the sales will drop a lot after the reveal. How far though, I don't know. I think Aaron will have to pull something good off to keep all the readers. I'm a bit worried they'll start shoehorning the new Thor into Asgardian things, even though she's human. The Thor annual makes me think that, with the new Thor apparently having a story with the Warriors Three.

But I thinking about it more, I think you're right. Unworthy Thor needs to be there to make most of it work. Plus, Thor seems to be her love interest (bleah).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.