Ultimate Thor-Confused?

#1 Posted by cameron83 (6642 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused.....

Does he still have his godly powers or not?

Because I hear that,due to the fact that Asgard was destroyed,he lost his powers. Yggdrasil was destroyed,which was apparently the source for his powers.

The Harness grants him power.

However,in the recent issues Hulk punched him and it barely fazed him and he said "that tickles". And later when fighting Reed and the Herbietrons with the Ultimates,he makes a claim of how they are "too strong" without his Harness and then Tony builds him a newer,more powerful one.

So....does he have his godly powers or not? Even when they are in the bar he makes a comment as to how he's "not a God anymore",but what allowed him to take on Hulk in that issue and endure his hits?

#2 Edited by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused as to Ult. Thor's powers as well.

#3 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused on the whole Ultimate universe and am glad it's disappearing.

#4 Edited by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio
@haveatthee said:

I am confused on the whole Ultimate universe and am glad it's disappearing.

bingo

except im not confused i know its utter trash

#5 Edited by Dernman (14731 posts) - - Show Bio

He has harness. It imitates his powers. He's not as strong as he would be but it does grant him some measure of endurance. If you notice later on in the fight Hulk actually does thrash him pretty thoroughly. Hulk simply must not have hit him as hard as he could have.

#6 Edited by Spideysense44 (2930 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

He has harness. It imitates his powers. He's not as strong as he would be but it does grant him some measure of endurance. If you notice later on in the fight Hulk actually does thrash him pretty thoroughly. Hulk simply must not have hit him as hard as he could have.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

After Asgard was destroyed he was made mortal. When he has the harness on it emulates his powers when he was a god. I.E

Harness on GOD POWERS

Harness off Mortal man

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

After Asgard was destroyed he was made mortal. When he has the harness on it emulates his powers when he was a god. I.E

Harness on GOD POWERS

Harness off Mortal man

What he said!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.