Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Ultimate Thor

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

This seems to have been missed amid the mass of info flooding out of San Diego Comic Con 2010.  It's not just a new Thor series... it's a new Ultimate Thor series. 

On Earth-1610 (better known as Marvel's Ultimate Universe) Thor was seen as a mad man with powers.  It was believed that he was suffering from delusions of grandeur, who just happened to have powers over the weather.  What do you do with a guy like that?  Humour him, include him in your team of Ultimates & hope he doesn't go completely off the deep end.  But what if he was right...? 

Thor has featured in a lot of the new line of Ultimate Titles.  So it seems only inevitable that Marvel have finally announced a new Ultimate Thor series.  Written by Jonothan Hickman with art by (one of my own all time favourites) Carlos Pacheco.  Sadly, this is all the information that was announced during the Mondo Marvel Panel.    

To bolster up this lack of information was a gorgeous cover, and whole bunch of sketches.  I'm only guessing that the sketches are connected to this new Ultimate series from their strangely different appearances.  Thanks to Morpheus_ for help identifying some of the characters over at the Who is this? thread. 

Mmm... Beardy Thor!

Ultimate Thor #1
    Ultimate Thor #1

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    I'll be getting this. The creative team should make it worthwhile. I have enjoyed various bits and pieces from Hickman's Fantastic 4, and Pacheco performs at steadily good degree in everything I've seen him draw.

As for the characters, I hadn't really considered that they would be a part of the Ultimate Universe when I gave my estimations. For instance, Loki has made an appearance in the Ultimate Universe already, but it stands to reason that he should have a pivotal part in Thor's title, as well.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Morpheus_: It didn't occur to me that's what those other sketches were until you named them.  Then it all seemed to fall into place.   

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Universe.  I'll go so far as to say that I hate it...  But Ultimate Beardy Thor has some aesthetic merits ;)
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

This looks freaking awesome, but I am just alittle curious. I am behind on my Ultimate comics and the last time I read one was The "New" Ultimates, whatever happened with Thor and Hela? I am assuming they got it on, is Thor back in the land of the living? Or still stuck in Hel?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Morpheus_: It didn't occur to me that's what those other sketches were until you named them.  Then it all seemed to fall into place.    Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Universe.  I'll go so far as to say that I hate it...  But Ultimate Beardy Thor has some aesthetic merits ;) "
    What have you read so far?
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

616 Thor is good enough for me.

ceniza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ceniza

i'll be checking this out.

ps. volstag has already made an appearance on the ultimate U

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Tmul501

I love the UU. Can't wait for this title. With Thor just recently coming back from the dead I think he deserves his own title.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Larkin1388

Ill definitely be picking this up... Although im not quite sure how i feel about how Odin, Loki, and Heimdall look, but either way it will be added to my collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.