Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thoughts on next movie

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Will they have Thor die at the end and Jane pick up the hammer and use it.

Also at the same time in comics have Jane shown to be the female Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

Probably... The hammer (weapon) changes her hair to blonde gives her Asgardian speech and behavior, makes her Asgardian, that seems very cinematic... Wait that's dumb even in comics...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Probably... The hammer (weapon) changes her hair to blonde gives her Asgardian speech and behavior, makes her Asgardian, that seems very cinematic... Wait that's dumb even in comics...

holy shizzle i really did laugh out loud. Yes it is the worst possible thing that could happen and so as we learned about movies these days. The most possible thing that could happen.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:

Well with the current issue of replacement Thor they've done away with the "Asgardian speech" altogether, next they'll all be speaking street slang and wearing trousers five sizes too big (guess that's what's up with that rope belt). I keep hearing the Thor movie franchise isn't as popular as the others so I kind of expect they'll kill him off in the next movie and likely have some woman (not Jane ) lifting Mjolnir at the end.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical said:

@asgaard said:

Well with the current issue of replacement Thor they've done away with the "Asgardian speech" altogether, next they'll all be speaking street slang and wearing trousers five sizes too big (guess that's what's up with that rope belt). I keep hearing the Thor movie franchise isn't as popular as the others so I kind of expect they'll kill him off in the next movie and likely have some woman (not Jane ) lifting Mjolnir at the end.

Thor origins aren't from comics, there was a reason why Thor 1 didn't start with Blake... Comics#Live Action...

Thor should die in the Ragnarok to follow comics and myths, but i m pretty sure that he will be in Infinity War part 2, only after that there could be a new wielder of Mjolnir but i think will be Beta Ray Bill, Female Thor story from comics will never happen in live action, Kevin Feige knows what he is doing...

Did you know that for now Thor movies made more money than Cap movies? It's true...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Odin and/or Loki will die in Ragnarok, at the hands of Surtur/Thanos. Thus, Thor seeks revenge against Thanos and rejoins his Avengers buddies to take him down.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

@haveatthee said:

I'm thinking Odin and/or Loki will die in Ragnarok, at the hands of Surtur/Thanos. Thus, Thor seeks revenge against Thanos and rejoins his Avengers buddies to take him down.

I think we will have King Loki after the Ragnarok, and after failing against Thanos in Infinity war part 1, Loki will resurrect Thor and rejoin the Avengers in Infinity war part 2...Loki is very connect to the Avengers formation...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would love to see a younger version of Odin and a better fighter as well.

Also just so much more of the possible hero that Loki can be , I mean still funny and trickster but I think the actor showed us the potential for Loki to carry a film and a part. Lets see that expanded in his own movie.

As for anybody else with the hammer I could easily pass on such a movie even a BRB movie not much of a person to watch somebody else with the powers of the other characters , team ups would be OK but keep Thor as the one and only Thor. The same with all the rest of the hero's with the exception of Rogue when she steals miss marvels powers and I think they are leading up to that so she can truly be the power house in the movies as she is in the comics.

They have yet to truly touch on the character of Thor to kill him off so fast.

That would be a true shame to me and as they say in a movie I liked.

Bad form , truly bad form.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:

@antithetical said:

@asgaard said:

Thor origins aren't from comics, there was a reason why Thor 1 didn't start with Blake... Comics#Live Action...

Thor should die in the Ragnarok to follow comics and myths, but i m pretty sure that he will be in Infinity War part 2, only after that there could be a new wielder of Mjolnir but i think will be Beta Ray Bill, Female Thor story from comics will never happen in live action, Kevin Feige knows what he is doing...

Did you know that for now Thor movies made more money than Cap movies? It's true...

Yes, I'm well aware Thor didn't start with the comics and actually read a good amount of Norse mythology when I was in grade school (along with Greek and Egyptian), though I will admit I did not know the Thor movies have done better than the Captain America films, guess I just read more negative responses to Thor and The Dark World.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i'd get so mad if that happened.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would vomit in my mouth if Loki were turned into a full-on hero. I'm so sick of this "anti-hero" shades of grey crap.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would vomit in my mouth if Loki were turned into a full-on hero. I'm so sick of this "anti-hero" shades of grey crap.

In myth he is not the god of Evil just the god of trickery and it even says Odin prefered Loki to Thor. Loki takes more after Odin then Thor does its one reason I see the potential in him. But why he would ever want to rule anything is just not in his character for he has the explorer gene gone wild inside and would never settle down.

Not saying full blown hero as well because no god would take on that role full time , they live so long they may dabble in it from time to time and sometimes upset enough people that they could even be viewed as the villain. Thus the saying you cannot please everybody all the time.

As for Loki and why he has any care in humans is funny.

He could simply walk away for 100 years and then come back his problems solved. It would mean nothing to him to do so.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my thoughts are that i hope he actually has good feats this time

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is so very true. I can't stand it either man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.