Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor's weather control powers WITHOUT MJÖLNIR.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So how much Thor can do weather control without Mjölnir? Class Storm? And is Mjölnir just tool to focus his powers? Pictures, please.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

what i've heard, yes he can.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back in the early days, he created typhoons by exhaling and threw lightning from his fingertips. Relatively recently he's created an earthquake by touching the ground.

I'm not sure about it though, post Mjolnir reconstruction by Strange.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Yeh, some say that he's wheather control powers are because his connection of Mjölnir, but aren't there a comics where he use his wheather control and ligthning when he is just a baby?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Yeh, some say that he's wheather control powers are because his connection of Mjölnir, but aren't there a comics where he use his wheather control and ligthning when he is just a baby?

I knwo he can't fly without the hammer, but he did make it rain down fire when he was a teenager without it. He has weather control still. He seemed shocked and he almost had to beg to make it happen but he did it, and that was young thor. I assume the adult one has no problem

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Actually he can fly and levitate, but just not that fast without Mjölnir.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Actually he can fly and levitate, but just not that fast without Mjölnir.

Thor mentioned himself he can't fly without it when he met his past and future self.... so idk, retconned, bad story plot hole?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

REALLY bad plot hole, especially when he is done it many many times.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HaveAtThee

Historically he can only hover in place in the air without Mjolnir but not fly. Showing him fly or levitate without Mjolnir is bad writing.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uugieboogie
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@w0nd: top he flies & the bottom he hovers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uugieboogie
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@glarinetta: just a few gotta find the rest. he demonstrates using his powers a lot without hammer especially now they're showing young thor a lot before he even had his hammer. he was able to make it rain fire lol that was bad ass. also when fighting gorr & gorr asked him what was he the god of he said thunder & struck gorr down with a huge lighting bolt & he was half dead too so it was with little effort

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: the young thor one is what started that mess lol. when past present and future met they comment how the young one cant fly without the hammer, but that isn't the case at all it seems lol

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: the only thing I can guess is that he was still growing & developing his powers .

Marcio_35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marcio_35

There are other examples of Thor invoking lightning bolt.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how much Thor can do weather control without Mjölnir? Class Storm? And is Mjölnir just tool to focus his powers? Pictures, please.

Not trying to re-bump the thread but there is a thread I've made dedicated to Thor where he has feats without using his hammer, most of these feats have never been posted or seen online before. I have sent many PMS to Thor fans (like ones who made Thor respect threads and stuff) to check out the thread, I think you will find it interesting yourself and here is the link to it:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/feats-of-thor-without-using-his-hammer-plz-read-op-1832219/

And just to leave you with something, here are two scans of Thor feats where he doesn't use his hammer, here's one where he makes it rain without the aid of his hammer:

No Caption Provided

And here in this scan we see him defeat Geirroodur-king without using mjornir, I'm not sure if Thor here summoned the weather or not but in the panel he states that "I made him pay with my bare hands"

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.