Thors Weaknes.

#1 Posted by clarkjordan27 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Is their anything The God of Thunder can't handle?

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

He has no traditional weakness like Superman and Kryptonite. He would probably have a rough time with a skilled telepath.

#3 Posted by clarkjordan27 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

oh,thanks.

#4 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

no having the his hammer in his hand

#5 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong.  That's only a weakness from v1 when he was still bound to Donald Blake back then and after he was bonded to Jake Olson's body, in v2, and that was only for a time until their bonding was seperated.  He does not have that weakness anymore.
#6 Edited by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Thor in the comics used to have the 60 second weakness. If Thor was separated from his hammer for more than 60 seconds he would transform back into a mortal man 

Current Thor doesn't really have weakness if he did have one maybe its that he's a brute, arrogant and comes with this kind of beef cake stupidity. He could do a lot better if he thought his battles out or learned to use his magical skills but Thor prefers the powerhouse method to dealing with problems. Loki, Doom, Osborn etc often make Thor look foolish

#7 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the whole arrogant persona is suppose to be his weakness.  This is why Loki will always be his classic, original nemesis - the trickster who lacks muscle but has the brain to outsmart Thor.  Although to be honest, since his return a few years back he seems less headstrong to me at times.  I don't think it will last forever though.  A wise, cautious Thor would be almost too powerful.

#8 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ry Fryy:  I think he is like that because he remembers everything that happened while he was king/ rune thor so he didn't just randomly lose all of the wiseness (if that's a word) after coming back to life
#9 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone here is forgetting his one weakness - love potions!

#10 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Amora...

#11 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
Amora...
Ultimate weakness for any man though so that really don't count. xD
#12 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
He has no traditional weakness like Superman and Kryptonite. He would probably have a rough time with a skilled telepath.

No... he has fought against a lot of skilled Telepaths... 

@agent9149 said:
no having the his hammer in his hand

Indeed, his weaknees is Donald Blake... 
He is a GOD, but he is also a man...

#13 Posted by tomzoid13 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty much just a warrior. So any one stronger than him can defeat him, in any category. Though he is called a god, in the Marvel Universe, that just means an immortal warrior

#14 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: Moondragon has controled him in Avengers multiple times.
#15 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress
Could you mention one of those multiple times?
#16 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@gravitypress: Could you mention one of those multiple times?
Avengers 211, 219, 220
#17 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
@Deadcool said:
@gravitypress: Could you mention one of those multiple times?
Avengers 211, 219, 220

Jim Shooter is the writer in the three issues... 
I have a personal rule in feats, could you post more examples, with different writers please?... 
If not too much truoble...
#18 Posted by SC (12961 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is not immune to telepathy, he is just very resistant. Examples would support both notions, because telepathy is not an on and off switch, it requires finesse and context and circumstance. Telepathy may be employed aggressively, passively, for control, to harm, to confuse, to disorientate, it may be applied with great effort or little effort. All these things all add up for different effects and results.  

Main point here, is it depends what one means when they consider rough time. Arguably Thor doesn't have too much difficulty with telepaths. Arguably a very, very good telepath concentrating hard enough on a day Thor might have a sore stomach or a throat infection might prove quite a threat to him? Eh how knows, up to the writer at the time. He has to be neutralized somehow now and then. Its not like making Thor feed someone grapes telepathically is the same as making Thor smash his own hammer into his head telepathically and this applies to all characters to some degree. 

#19 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and  Asgard age and can get weaker that way. 
Unlike the immortal Olympians.

#20 Edited by wilsonlew (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This is interesting...Thor is my favorite Marvel character and I believe that he might not have a weakness to any element.  Much like Balder, but I think it comes from his Mother.

www.worldmarketinfo.net

#21 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: Lol I could try but it will take some time.
#22 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: My Avengers collection is far from complete. Those are all I could find.
#23 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress
I have a personal rule, a feat with a fictional character is only canon, if it happens at least three times with different writers... 
That is the way I pick the scans to post...
#24 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: Many feats given to a character here at CV have been done less than 3 times.
#25 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress

Oh well, What can I do?... 
I think that most of the people accept what they want, even if is impossible accept all the feats of a(n Inconsistent) fictional character, there are people that do...
#26 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Thors weaknesses is also his greatest strength: Mjolnir 
With Mjolnir Thor is granted the ability to fly, have finer control over the weather, energy blasts, etc. 
Without it: He is unable to fly and relies almost mostly on physical forms of combat. 

Also, if Mjolnir is ever damaged or destroyed Thor will die. 
This fact is overlooked by many.  
Thor had his hammer fixed by Doctor Strange and he was told that if his life is now bound to the hammer. 
If Thor were to go up again against a skyfather level character like Bor was he would be wise to keep his hammer safe.

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (83261 posts) - - Show Bio

The Strength of Hercules!

(lol)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.