Thors Thunnder???

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the ranarock story line where thors hammer gets broken he destoryer one of his enime by contolling thunder.So my question is can he control thunder or did he summon the power throught his lik with mjolnir.

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have to have Mjolnir to use his powers but they seem to be stronger and more focused through it.

#3 Edited by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

So in the ranarock story line where thors hammer gets broken he destoryer one of his enime by contolling thunder.So my question is can he control thunder or did he summon the power throught his lik with mjolnir.

when fighting Durok. he says that any hammer even milnir is a tool, whereas he is the God of Thunder. he then usues all of his power and Kills Durok with a single blast that comes out of him.  

in another story Volstagg mentions that Thor accidently almost destroyed asgard before he even had Miolnirr as a baby when he couldn't control his storm powers.  

All of Thor's weather control comes from within him. Aswell as his strength, durability, speed etc. He can channel any energy through Mijolnir and re-amplify it up to atleast 100 fold. (I would imagine lightning is included) and he can increase his control over storms with his hammer, and take control over cosmic and temprol storms (or atleast i've never seen him do it with his own powers. but he stated he has dominion over all storms[includimng cosmic and tempral] because he is a strom god)
#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

thats interesting. I would like to see Storm go nuts and start using her powers against the world and Thor comes in and immediately stop all destructive weather around the world
#5 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know he can use the Thunderpowers without Mjolnir... 
My source...
#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: so really mjolnir is only a really a vessel to channel his power throught and if thor reached his full potensal he wouldent need to ues mjonir to ues his strom powers.
#7 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:
@Thor's hammmer: so really mjolnir is only a really a vessel to channel his power throught and if thor reached his full potensal he wouldent need to ues mjonir to ues his strom powers.

Thor's full potential is kinda another thing entirely that your asking about and is more complicated.  

in Therory he can do everything he does with MJolnir(power stealing, energy absorption, magnetism, control, gravity control, matter manip, flight etc.)  without it. if he ever mastered his own mystic Abilities. which Odin himself stated are actually superior to his own. And that Thor just never mastered them. But it is possible that He could Still re multiply his lightning through his hammer.

But bottom Line He is the God of Thunder for a reason. and He can shoot Magical lightning out of his hands and control weather magically with a thought even without hhis hammer.  

@DEGRAAF said:
thats interesting. I would like to see Storm go nuts and start using her powers against the world and Thor comes in and immediately stop all destructive weather around the world

in one Comic Storm tries to use all her powers to stop a strom. and she states she must use all her power to bend the Storm to her will. she then says "if i were the Avenger Thor I could dispears this storm with a thought."
#8 Posted by Dernman (15464 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea he doesn't need the hammer to have that power  If he did then to me he wouldn't be much of a thunder god. He would be a fake.

#9 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
I like the idea he doesn't need the hammer to have that power  If he did then to me he wouldn't be much of a thunder god. He would be a fake.
I think this would be cool too, but the hammer is symbolic. Thor without his hammer would be like Gambit without his cards.
#10 Posted by Dernman (15464 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388: oh I don't think he should give up the hammer. I just think the power should come from him and not the hammer.
Like he focuses the power he creates threw the hammer as apposed to using the power created from the hammer.
#11 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
@Larkin1388: oh I don't think he should give up the hammer. I just think the power should come from him and not the hammer. Like he focuses the power he creates threw the hammer as apposed to using the power created from the hammer.
The power doesn't come from the hammer. He can use them without it. Its more of a focusing tool. Like a wand. Something to channel your powers through ti improve accuracy.
#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite the fact that Thor didn't display the ability to use or control the elements without his hammer for the first few decades of his existence. Marvel has since stated and,

Thor has shown, that he is definitely able to control thunder, wind, lightning, etc.; without his hammer. As the God of Thunder, it's only right that he can.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.