Thor's recent animated history

#1 Posted by Thundergoose84 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking a little bit about how Thor fits into the Yost animated universe and I was wondering what the community thought. I feel like Thor: Tales of Asgard is where you can start him off obviously since it's where he starts as a child in Asgard, then Hulk vs. Thor comes next due to his initial underestimating of Hulk and his melancholiness towards his life as a defender of Asgard, then you have season 1 of Avengers EMH where he is finally on earth, and it then segways fairly nicely into Avengers EMH season 2 where it seems he has come into his own in terms of power and ability to balance Asgard and Earth, and then finally Planet Hulk in that flashback since Beta Ray Bill is seemingly an established presence in the cosmos. I loved all of the animated appearances of Thor (even though we can all agree Hulk vs. is a hard one for Thor fans to watch at times) and I felt like every time Thor was shown he was more confident and powerful than his last representation. But just based off of continuity and pacing this seemed like the most logical sequence of events. What are everyone's thoughts?

#2 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Unhappily, Thor is not shown as awesome on the TV as he is on comics, in my opinion. But he's still great.

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19391 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

Unhappily, Thor is not shown as awesome on the TV as he is on comics, in my opinion. But he's still great.

This.

Also, Planet is part of the Yost Animated universe? Anything to confirm this?

#4 Posted by Thundergoose84 (18 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

I thought he was quite awesome in EMH, it rekindled my love for him. Sure they can't make him full powered caused when in t.v. and movies, the stronger the protagonist (oppose to the villain) = the more boring the film/show is (in most cases)

#6 Edited by cmartin (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta ray won the hulk fight until he stopped fighting.... Marvel just could not let hulk lose completely.... Let's see Thor v hulk thor got bullied beaten punked,

Avengers ultimate.. Hulk picked up Thor's hammer and hit him with it

Earths mightiest heroes avengers .. Thor used as a hocky puck for most villians .. Hulk also beat him up

Thor's one solo animated movie he is a stupid teen

Marvel has zero respect for the character

#7 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

Beta ray won the hulk fight until he stopped fighting.... Marvel just could not let hulk lose completely.... Let's see Thor v hulk thor got bullied beaten punked,

Avengers ultimate.. Hulk picked up Thor's hammer and hit him with it

Earths mightiest heroes avengers .. Thor used as a hocky puck for most villians .. Hulk also beat him up

Thor's one solo animated movie he is a stupid teen

Marvel has zero respect for the character

Thor was not a stupid teen.

#8 Posted by cmartin (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod: IMO the whole movie was dumb... I want to see the MIGHTY thor battling the midgard serpent smashing a planet with his hammer, lifting a mountain...

not thor in high school

funny how marvel never deviates in animation from what hulk should be

thor gets zero respect none

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.