Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor's movie armor

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Galactic_Man

Thor's costume in the movies have been probably the best I've seen so far - but I want to see him look more like his comic form. So, in Thor - his armor was, well, cool and simple - in Avengers, they pretty much replicated Thor's original-comic sleeveless costume, along with adding a brighter tone to his chest piece - Now, in Thor: The Dark World, it looks like they are finally getting closer to his comic form -

No Caption Provided

- One thing that slightly pissed me off in the other movies, was how ridiculous his pants looked. I wanted the armored leggings that he has in the comics - if you look closely at his Thor 2 costume, it looks like they finally added that armor to his legs... I guess I'm happy now, but all he needs now is his damn helmet - I want to see him wear his darn helmet for once! Well, at least in battle - in the comics, the helmet makes him look more serious but for some reason they don't let Hemsworth wear it in the movies, and to be honest it sucks. I hope Alan Taylor has a change of heart with that situation but to be honest, I think Thor is probably the best looking superhero with a cape that's been brought to the big screen (or maybe tied with Batman).

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By selinaky

@Galactic_Man said:

Thor's costume in the movies have been probably the best I've seen so far - but I want to see him look more like his comic form. So, in Thor - his armor was, well, cool and simple - in Avengers, they pretty much replicated Thor's original-comic sleeveless costume, along with adding a brighter tone to his chest piece - Now, in Thor: The Dark World, it looks like they are finally getting closer to his comic form -

No Caption Provided

- One thing that slightly pissed me off in the other movies, was how ridiculous his pants looked. I wanted the armored leggings that he has in the comics - if you look closely at his Thor 2 costume, it looks like they finally added that armor to his legs... I guess I'm happy now, but all he needs now is his damn helmet - I want to see him wear his darn helmet for once! Well, at least in battle - in the comics, the helmet makes him look more serious but for some reason they don't let Hemsworth wear it in the movies, and to be honest it sucks. I hope Alan Taylor has a change of heart with that situation but to be honest, I think Thor is probably the best looking superhero with a cape that's been brought to the big screen (or maybe tied with Batman).

I agree on that... He looks more awesome with his helmet. He should wear it when he's fighting and remove it the rest of the time.

No Caption Provided

He looks more like 'Thor' with it on. Kinda annoyed me he didnt wear it at all in the Avengers and barely at all in Thor.

Avatar image for thedarklord_267
    TheDarkLord_267

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheDarkLord_267

Has Thor's costume changed through every film ???
    If so could you please put some pics of them up??? 
    Cheers

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skunkstein
    No Caption Provided

@TheDarkLord_267:Here they two armors are, the one on the right is from ''Avengers'' and the one on the left is from ''Thor''.

No Caption Provided

And here is the third armor from ''The Avengers''.

Avatar image for thedarklord_267
    TheDarkLord_267

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDarkLord_267

Thanks I prefer the sleeveless one purely because i think the sleeves look restrictive.
    But ther than that the costume great.

thumbscrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thumbscrews

I just wish he'd wear the helmet. :(

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

The costumes have looked good but I prefer the sleeveless one.

Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ry Fryy

I'm sure Hemsworth likes the sleeveless ones too.  You don't workout to not show it off.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

I like the fact he can fight sleeveless and when he needs to call on the rest of his armor he can go full sleeves for bigger fights. I hope his new comic outfit will be able to do that.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I always prefer a sleeveless Thor costume. Really shows off his durability when he's getting hit by bullets, rockets, and energy blasts.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Man, look at those guns! sleeveless all the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.