Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor's Eyes

Husk45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Husk45

I was reading Avengers Disassembled Ragnarok. Anyway in the comic Thor rips out both of his eyes to get more power. So my quetion is did thor ever get his eyes back?
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CosmicSpiral

See for yourself.  

No Caption Provided
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hunter114
    @CosmicSpiral said:
    " See for yourself.  

No Caption Provided
    "
    Many irony lols...
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    My word, Thor looks like a pre-pubescent girl. He's even standing like one. JRJr sucks so much.
    bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bumnut
    @CosmicSpiral said:
    "See for yourself.  

"

Man, that pic looks very dubious. If Thor had a zipper on his pants, i'd be very worried if I was in that kids shoes.
    Husk45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Husk45

Ok now that I know Thor got his eyes back. How did he get them back?

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MzombieX
    @Husk45 said:
    "Ok now that I know Thor got his eyes back. How did he get them back? "

I would have to guess that when dealing with things in the realm of Gods, not everything should be seen in such a literal interpretation. 
    Granted, the act of ripping out his eyes was physical in nature and appeared to cause him pain, but it was also symbolic in nature as well. 
    Another explanation could simply be that Mjolnir has shown the power to heal in the past so the Odin force most likely could as well. 

Although most likely it came about with the rebirth. Thor had severed the ties of fate and brought about Ragnarok as well as breaking the cycle. 
    He was detroyed and reborn. He entered the sleep of Gods and then returned from the void. 
    I can only assume that his true form was restored during the same process that returned him from the Odin Sleep. 

TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheVindicator

Why Didn't Odins eye ever grow back then?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" My word, Thor looks like a pre-pubescent girl. He's even standing like one. JRJr sucks so much. "

Agreed. To much girlification going on in  comics.
    omdway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By omdway

Did anyone read that Marvel Knights Spidey story where the Owl had this psycho surgeon guy cut out one of Electro's eyes and one of Vulture's? Somehow they seem to have got their eyes back.  

Was this ever explained?
    MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MzombieX
    @Formidable said:
    "Why Didn't Odins eye ever grow back then?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " My word, Thor looks like a pre-pubescent girl. He's even standing like one. JRJr sucks so much. "
    Agreed. To much girlification going on in  comics. "

As far as Odin's eyes ... if it is a result of the destruction and rebirth from the cycle of the most recent "end of days" in Ragnarok, 
    then this is something that Odin and Thor didn't share. Thor challenged and destroyed "Those Who Sit Above In Shadow" and severed the ties of fate at Ygdrassil. 
    Thor was the first to ever break this cycle. In doing so, Thor had surpassed every King of Asgard that had come before him.
    So it could be said that Thor's eyes returned because of this "new dawn" that Thor had envisioned and recreated that had never been before. Odin had never achieved or witnessed this in the past. 
    This is a great distinction that separates the two ... as well as the only one I can think of that would explain it.
    Of course this is just my theory on it ... unless it was literally explained some other way in the comics that I missed. 

I also agree ... that Thor picture posted up top has Thor looking a bit too femme. 
    It appears the artist used influence from Japanese Manga style ... guess that would explain it if that's the case.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

SO glad I don't read Thor ;) lol

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Larkin1388
    @Formidable: I second that motion
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer

when he came back to life he was fully restored
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheVindicator
    @MzombieX said:
    " @Formidable said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    As far as Odin's eyes ... if it is a result of the destruction and rebirth from the cycle of the most recent "end of days" in Ragnarok, then this is something that Odin and Thor didn't share. Thor challenged and destroyed "Those Who Sit Above In Shadow" and severed the ties of fate at Ygdrassil. Thor was the first to ever break this cycle. In doing so, Thor had surpassed every King of Asgard that had come before him.So it could be said that Thor's eyes returned because of this "new dawn" that Thor had envisioned and recreated that had never been before. Odin had never achieved or witnessed this in the past. This is a great distinction that separates the two ... as well as the only one I can think of that would explain it.Of course this is just my theory on it ... unless it was literally explained some other way in the comics that I missed.  I also agree ... that Thor picture posted up top has Thor looking a bit too femme. It appears the artist used influence from Japanese Manga style ... guess that would explain it if that's the case. "
    This is all rampant speculation on your part. They simply did not want Thor to be eye-less is all. The act of plucking out your eyes is meant to be a permanent payment for the powers bestowed.

Thor was drawn effeminate because the artist wanted him to look effeminate. It is a distrurbing trend in comics and has been for some time with certain artists.
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheVindicator
    @Larkin1388 said:
    " @Formidable: I second that motion "
    Thanks, Larkin. Too much physical "effemination" going on in comics imo. I'm Glad there are others that agree.
    MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MzombieX
    @Formidable said:
    " @MzombieX said:
    " @Formidable said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    As far as Odin's eyes ... if it is a result of the destruction and rebirth from the cycle of the most recent "end of days" in Ragnarok, then this is something that Odin and Thor didn't share. Thor challenged and destroyed "Those Who Sit Above In Shadow" and severed the ties of fate at Ygdrassil. Thor was the first to ever break this cycle. In doing so, Thor had surpassed every King of Asgard that had come before him.So it could be said that Thor's eyes returned because of this "new dawn" that Thor had envisioned and recreated that had never been before. Odin had never achieved or witnessed this in the past. This is a great distinction that separates the two ... as well as the only one I can think of that would explain it.Of course this is just my theory on it ... unless it was literally explained some other way in the comics that I missed.  I also agree ... that Thor picture posted up top has Thor looking a bit too femme. It appears the artist used influence from Japanese Manga style ... guess that would explain it if that's the case. "
    This is all rampant speculation on your part. They simply did not want Thor to be eye-less is all. The act of plucking out your eyes is meant to be a permanent payment for the powers bestowed.  Thor was drawn effeminate because the artist wanted him to look effeminate. It is a distrurbing trend in comics and has been for some time with certain artists. "

Yeah ... ? ... ummm ... if you actually read what I wrote, I explained pretty clearly that this was a theory of mine that could be a reasonable explanation for it ...  
    but that it was never actually given a clear answer in the comics as far as I know. So repeating that it was speculation on my part is kind of unecessary ...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.