Thor's diet

#1 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

we know he eats golden apples to gain his immortality. but does he eat lightning and crap thunder?

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (35159 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

Not sure, they have feasts all the time for fun probably though.

#3 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, I think Thor likes to eat a lot, especially on Asgard with all the banquets and everything.

In the film they were surprised by how much he ate. He's also apparently fond of pop tarts.

#4 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Now@sunhawk said:

we know he eats golden apples to gain his immortality. but does he eat lightning and crap thunder?

I always thought that he didnt need to eat, but he liked it anyway, kinda like we dont NEED to have sex to live but its a pretty important thing anyway.

I dont have the comic with me right now, so i might have the quote wrong, but i remember in Thor issue 1 in Marvel NOW he explains that after he killed that village frost giant he eat and drank in celebration more than the frost giant ever did. As an old norse god for the vikings i would be dissapointed if he didnt need his meat.

#5 Posted by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the original norse mythos Thor regularly kills and eats his two goats Tandgnjost og Tandgrisner and revives the next day.

#6 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. As mickey trains Thor to fight Apollo Creed the sun god of boxing.

#7 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

According to the original norse mythos Thor regularly kills and eats his two goats Tandgnjost og Tandgrisner and revives the next day.

Oh yeah, i remember learning that in school.

#8 Posted by SoA (4709 posts) - - Show Bio

mutton and mead

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

Pop tarts. Lots and lots of pop tarts

#10 Posted by Asagod (291 posts) - - Show Bio

The Vikings usually ate lots of boar. I think he may eat it, too.

#11 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Beer

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

He eats what ever he wants when ever he wants and manages to Keep his figure by regular use of the Odin method, yes folks the Odin method with which even you can look like a god in just 7 short centuries. Act now and you can get the starter kit for $19.95

(Odin Allfather not responsible for any ill effects on health or troll attacks that may be cause by use of this product)

#13 Posted by Joygirl (18906 posts) - - Show Bio

Hast thou not heardeth of the mighty cakepies of Valhalla? Thon Thoreth son of Odin doth eateth upon their pieish cakeness with great relishings, until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation! Werest thou noteth informed?

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (35159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Hast thou not heardeth of the mighty cakepies of Valhalla? Thon Thoreth son of Odin doth eateth upon their pieish cakeness with great relishings, until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation! Werest thou noteth informed?

If I was not a Thor fan I would not be able to understand that lol. I loled so hard with this "until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation!" brilliant.

@joshmightbe: If only.

#15 Posted by THORSON (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

HE DRINKS beer and his goats.

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

He eats what ever he wants when ever he wants and manages to Keep his figure by regular use of the Odin method, yes folks the Odin method with which even you can look like a god in just 7 short centuries. Act now and you can get the starter kit for $19.95

(Odin Allfather not responsible for any ill effects on health or troll attacks that may be cause by use of this product)

LOL

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (35159 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON: goat?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.