Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor.Jr

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

ok i was just thinking and i thought of something. 

If thor had a kid would he of she be strounger than there dad. 

Magni is the god of strenth. Would he be strounger that his father ? 

Thurd is a valkarie or godess of lighnighting. would she be able to shoot ighting from her hands? 

Modi god of anger....would be uh..whatever he has ? 

so let me no what you think. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Z3RO180: Actually in the mythology Magni was the only god stronger than Thor 
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

Are we talking about Viking/Asgard mythology or any type of mythology? It's been shown especially in Greek mythology that the son becomes more powerful than the father i.e. Zeus overthrowing Cronus even though he did have help from his brothers. I have no doubt Hercules is stronger than Zeus and Thor is more powerful or has the potential to be more powerful than Odin, so what says that their own sons could not surpass them?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

main stream comic thor from marvel.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Deranged Midget: Actually the worship of Thor was much more wide spread than the worship of Odin and it wasn't until the later myths that Odin was stated to be Thor's father
    Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ry Fryy

Depends on the mother.  =P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180
    @Ry Fryy:
    you chose
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @joshmightbe: Didn't know that, how did they establish Odin as Lord of Asgard?
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Deranged Midget: When the Edda was put together they were attempting to consolidate all the variations of mythology which was never written down and since Odin was known as the allfather to his worshipers he was assumed to be the patriarch of the gods
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @joshmightbe: Hmm thank you, so in early worship he was quite unknown? Or he was just overwhelmed by Thor?
    blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blur99
    @Deranged Midget said:
    " Are we talking about Viking/Asgard mythology or any type of mythology? It's been shown especially in Greek mythology that the son becomes more powerful than the father i.e. Zeus overthrowing Cronus even though he did have help from his brothers. I have no doubt Hercules is stronger than Zeus and Thor is more powerful or has the potential to be more powerful than Odin, so what says that their own sons could not surpass them? "
    In the actual myth itself Zeus is way more powerful than Hercules. 
    Herc is a demigod.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Deranged Midget: Odin was well known its just that Thor was vastly more popular than him as Odin was more of a god for kings and Thor was more of a god for the common man
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @joshmightbe: Ah, thank you.
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @blur99 said:
    " @Deranged Midget said:
    " Are we talking about Viking/Asgard mythology or any type of mythology? It's been shown especially in Greek mythology that the son becomes more powerful than the father i.e. Zeus overthrowing Cronus even though he did have help from his brothers. I have no doubt Hercules is stronger than Zeus and Thor is more powerful or has the potential to be more powerful than Odin, so what says that their own sons could not surpass them? "
    In the actual myth itself Zeus is way more powerful than Hercules. Herc is a demigod. "
    I never said Hercules was more powerful, I stated he possessed greater physical strength.
    blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blur99
    @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:
    In the actual myth itself Zeus is way more powerful than Hercules. Herc is a demigod. "
    I never said Hercules was more powerful, I stated he possessed greater physical strength. "
    i think Zeus is stronger as well.  That is what I implied.
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @blur99 said:
    " @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:
    I never said Hercules was more powerful, I stated he possessed greater physical strength. "
    i think Zeus is stronger as well.  That is what I implied. "
    No you implied more powerful, it's a different thing entirely. Just because one possess overall greater strength doesn't mean they are the more powerful. Take example in Hulk, he is very strong but Thor or more specifically Silver Surfer are more powerful. His flight, possession of the power cosmic, invulnerability, etc make him vastly more powerful than Hulk. As is the case with Hercules and Zeus. Hercules might be the stronger one, but Zeus' Skyfather powers would classify him as the more powerful one. 
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By doordoor123
    @Z3RO180 said:
    " ok i was just thinking and i thought of something.  If thor had a kid would he of she be strounger than there dad.  Magni is the god of strenth. Would he be strounger that his father ?  Thurd is a valkarie or godess of lighnighting. would she be able to shoot ighting from her hands?  Modi god of anger....would be uh..whatever he has ?  so let me no what you think.   "
    Thor just got a kid in the Ultimate Universe with Hela.
    blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blur99
    @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:
    No you implied more powerful, it's a different thing entirely. Just because one possess overall greater strength doesn't mean they are the more powerful. Take example in Hulk, he is very strong but Thor or more specifically Silver Surfer are more powerful. His flight, possession of the power cosmic, invulnerability, etc make him vastly more powerful than Hulk. As is the case with Hercules and Zeus. Hercules might be the stronger one, but Zeus' Skyfather powers would classify him as the more powerful one.  "
    All right...um I really did mean more stronger/powerful.  Sometimes in non comic writings they are both used interchangeably.  
    I was just trying to use my knowledge of mythology/Greek myths to add to the thread and I didn't post it  to try and prove others wrong.  

" especially in Greek mythology that the son becomes more powerful than the father" 

The word "powerful" is why I posted. 

[Shakes  Deranged Midget's hand and walks to Porsche Carrera GT jumps in and drives off]
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @blur99 said:
    " @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:

" @blur99 said:

" @Deranged Midget said:
    No you implied more powerful, it's a different thing entirely. Just because one possess overall greater strength doesn't mean they are the more powerful. Take example in Hulk, he is very strong but Thor or more specifically Silver Surfer are more powerful. His flight, possession of the power cosmic, invulnerability, etc make him vastly more powerful than Hulk. As is the case with Hercules and Zeus. Hercules might be the stronger one, but Zeus' Skyfather powers would classify him as the more powerful one.  "
    All right...um I really did mean more stronger/powerful.  Sometimes in non comic writings they are both used interchangeably.  
    I was just trying to use my knowledge of mythology/Greek myths to add to the thread and I didn't post it  to try and prove others wrong.  

" especially in Greek mythology that the son becomes more powerful than the father"  The word "powerful" is why I posted.  [Shakes  Deranged Midget's hand and walks to Porsche Carrera GT jumps in and drives off] "
    Nice car *climbs into UH-60 Black Hawk and flys off*
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hercules was born a demi-God but became a God when his mortal half died his Godly half ascended to Olympus.
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

ok did u guys forget that this is a thor thread and not a herc thread ryt?
    kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By kheranlord12

It depnd on the nature of they godhood.
    NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By NexusOfLight

Magni was pretty cool.
    Magni was pretty cool.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Z3RO180:
    It just bothers me when people call Herc a demi-God. Or that because he has a human mother he must be weaker than full Gods. Zeus had Herc in order to have a child with the best attributes of both humans and Gods. Not only that but Hercules' mother is also descended from Zeus through Perseus and Herc as a baby was breastfed by Hera the queen of the Gods which granted him the invulnerabilty of a God.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Leliel

if Thor was to have kid with Olympian goddess would the kid obtain both the actual immortality of the Olympians and the raw strength of the Asgardians?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By z3ro180

@Leliel:
    Thats a really good point.

Plus imsure i would be a good cross over story arc of thor and herc.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Leliel: Well Thor apparently didn't inherit immortality from Gaea so whose to say if he had a child with an Olympian it would be any different
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Leliel
    @Z3RO180 said:
    "

@Leliel:
    Thats a really good point.

Plus imsure i would be a good cross over story arc of thor and herc.

"
    Mostly if it Hercules' mother now that to put a big issue there and angry Zeus@joshmightbe said:
    " @Leliel: Well Thor apparently didn't inherit immortality from Gaea so whose to say if he had a child with an Olympian it would be any different "
    Could be but didn't Thor get something from Gaea?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By PowerHerc

I do believe that if Marvel decided to use Thor's children from Norse Mythology it would be more than reasonable for them to have powers similar to and surpassing their father.

Magni, when a full-grown god, could and should be stronger than Thor.

Thurd could and should have the ability to shoot and control lighting from her hands and many other ways.

Modi . . . I'm not exactly sure what you do with the anger thing.  Do they rip-off the Hulk's stronger-he's-angrier schtick, or do they make him a more destructive and invincible fighter as he gets angrier.  Either one, neither one or both.  I don't know.

In response to some of the other posts; I do think it's possible (and likely) that the son surpasses the father in many cases, but not in all or even most ways.

Hercules is physically stronger than Zeus.  He was born to do what Zeus could not:  Defeat the Giants of Gaea.  However, there is really no question whatsoever Zeus is far more powerful overall that Hercules.  

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @PowerHerc: For Modi I was thinking maybe a thing where the angrier he gets he makes energy. Like he doesn't get stronger but all the energy he produces makes him a major threat. I say have him at the 75 ton range and let his energy powers do the rest.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PowerHerc

@Mr. Dead Pool:
    That would be cool. 

Modi could have a combination of Thor's strength and elemental powers with the elemental ones growing more fierce.potent with a corresponding increase in his anger. 

That's an interesting and good idea you have there, sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.