Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor vs Thor damn...

• 122 results
    Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was...a DRAW! Yessss Thor didn't get stomped.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Wolfus

@sophisticated_ignorance said:

It was...a DRAW! Yessss Thor didn't get stomped.

Dude, tell us more! Spoil me, spoil us. What happened? Thor's feats? The battle? I can't wait, and I live in brazil, hard to buy the issue. Tell me, please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you tell what happened? I haven't gone to my comic shop yet.

We find out Thors arm is made out of Uru metal, same as the hammer. He casually blocked a hit from the hammer with it so thats an impressive durability feat for his new arm I guess,the dwarf that made it implied he should be able to hit harder/have more strength with that arm too...him and female Thor both got good shots in but neither had a clear advantage, both then stopped fighting when Frost Giants interfered.Thor stopped being hostile towards She-Thor when he saw how good she used the hammer.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jayc1324 said:

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you tell what happened? I haven't gone to my comic shop yet.

Thors arm is mad out of Uru metal, same as the hammer. He casually tanked a hit from the hammer with it so thats an impressive durability feat for his new arm I guess...him and female Thor both got good shots in but neither had a clear advantage, both then stopped fighting when Frost Giants interfered.Thor stopped being hostile towards She-Thor when he saw how good she used the hammer.

Not bad but not exactly my preferred outcome either. Still, a draw is better than a loss so I'll await someone making a video of this battle on Youtube before checking it out.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@lvenger@jayc1324 If you both still have not seen the fight between Thor and the female Thor, I've got it uploaded to imgur: HERE

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this makes no sense. Why would they make him an arm of Uru if in the future he uses the destroyers arm???? Uru is pretty much indestructible. Also, that whole bit about this arm making him stronger and hit harder is a load of BS. Aaron is trying to make it seem like an upgrade. It's really yet another downgrade because Thor doesn't need any stinking enhancements! No fake arm is stronger or will hit harder than his own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this makes no sense. Why would they make him an arm of Uru if in the future he uses the destroyers arm???? Uru is pretty much indestructible. Also, that whole bit about this arm making him stronger and hit harder is a load of BS. Aaron is trying to make it seem like an upgrade. It's really yet another downgrade because Thor doesn't need any stinking enhancements! No fake arm is stronger or will hit harder than his own.

Thor hits harder with his hammer than with his fists right? So how is it hard to believe he hits harder with an arm made out of Uru than he does with an arm made out of flesh and bone?

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance: well I don't subscribe to that school of thought. I say mjolnir hits hard because of Thors strength and that Thor's fists hit just as hard as well. By the same token, now Mjolnir hits softer since she-thor is obviously physically weaker. I mean what a pathetic body she has......

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan:

Um...yeah, physics prove you wrong. I am not a fan of this direction and therefore am not trying to justify it. That being said, regardless of the man's strength a hammer in his hand is going to strike harder than what he is capable of without it. Likewise, a metallic arm, even if it just has the same strength level as the person its attached to, is still going to have a greater striking power that an arm of flesh and blood. Its denser, and you are not worrying about being careful of your strike surface. Does Thor need it? Well, right now he does since he doesn't have an arm. And if he has it, he may as well make use of it. And the girl is going to have the same strength as Thor. She is not going to be physically weaker. First, Marvel is not going to paint themselves in that corner. Second, when the hammer elects to transform someone, it has traditionally granted them Thor's full strength. Now is not going to be different.

As to why he uses this arm when in the future he has the destroyer's arm, my guess would be that he doesn't have control of the destroyer and therefore can't just dissect it on a whim. Also, I am willing to bet that if we follow that storyline to completion, something happened to the Destroyer because I doubt Thor is going to dismantle a weapon of that magnitude just so he can have an arm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Thor gets his real arm back. Even though malekith burned it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Thanks for the link, I guess the fight isn't so bad but I'm far from sold on this false diversity for diversity's sake gimmick Marvel are still pulling on the Thor fans.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, unlike the solicits and tweets for this issue, I'm not sold on She-Thor being a worthy replacement for Thor. I hate that for some magical reason, Mjolnir is somehow acting differently with Fem-Thor than it's done with Thor before despite Thor having had the hammer for centuries. And that kiss pretty much narrows it down to either Agent Roz Solomon or Jane Foster. So there's no suspense in the reveal anymore, like whatsoever.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By del_torro

I still don't get what mjolnir did that was so impressive

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enyalios: yes my friend but the big mistake is that this is fiction. Fantasy fiction at that about a "god". Physics don't apply. Except for this mockery of Thor being mutilated, his endurance and invulnerability has been better than the Uru hammers! Has he had a broken jaw.....yes. By a FULL POWERED Destroyer. Mjolnir in turn has been shattered by a simple slash from the dark god Perikus. As tough as they made him seem, he was a god from a pantheon that took Odin down. So he wasn't all that really on his own. Then he was shattered by a triple hit from MJOLNIR wannabes. Then by Bor. Thor has been depowered but not often broken. Even during the Simonson era with the "withered body" he was pretty much a powerful badass physically. Mjolnir......(and I really loved the hammer before it betrayed thor)........when push has REALLY come to shove..... not so much.

rocketman1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Yeah--I gave it a chance--i never liked Aarons writing in the first place. But this arc is awful. But to your point--I was of the same mind---the hammer isn't worthy of the character anymore. The guy has died multiple times saving the world and as a reward his person ets fractured repeatedly buy a douchey father and a know it all mother and now a tool is laying the character beats in on him. Comes a point a real character stands up and says to hell with this. I'm out of here. The idea that your identity, your power and your person are up for division, theft and trasfer is a truly disturbing and esentially vile thing to consider for an individual. Frankly--I'd like to see a bit of Achilles here--if you have a "Thor" then fine--asgard can blow it out its hoop. Odin and Freya and new "Thor" can blow it out theirs as well. Time for drinking and some dirty fighting. Or better yet--maybe he could take some time to get to know his birthrigt from the other side--you know the really powerful one--the elder god half of him that always seems to be subsumed into the Asgardian crap. The realm eternal my shining white tuchus. Oh and also--the "I'll give you a kiss so everything is alright" is the basest kind of BS. Hey its okay that all of this has happened to you and I have the defining item of your character because...smooch? Really? To hell with the hammer and any adventures that it is involved in in the future. Mjolnir is the equivalent of a late life lesbian coming out and leaving the marriage. Wonderful. Fine. Follow your bliss--but that doesn't mean her husband has to stick around and prove anything to anyone. He should have the dignity of walking the F away and mapping out a new life without the baggage. But that's Jason Aaron.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@lvenger: Same here. Though, I would be more accepting if the book focuses more on Thor and how he copes with the current situation. He accepted the state things are in but I didn't like the way he just gave up his name so easily after the fight. Felt like Aaron was doing his best to justify naming her Thor. As for now, all I can do is hope that this somehow ties-in to Galactus and the Necrosword.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lvenger

@unbreakable_fs4: Exactly, Aaron's spending too much time trying to say "This woman is now Thor and the real Thor isn't Thor anymore. Deal with it" over and over thus far. Not to mention that Aaron's treatment of the real Thor is undermined in this title compared to showing how worthy, noble and honourable he was in God of Thunder.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@lvenger: Sad thing is at the end of the comic, he actually said what you just said.

Check out the first couple of sentences in the first paragraph

No Caption Provided

rocketman1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger@jayc1324 If you both still have not seen the fight between Thor and the female Thor, I've got it uploaded to imgur: HERE

I honestly threw up a little in my mouth at that.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea that the hammer already "likes" this Thor better and somehow is doing "special" things for her...sigh. That just makes me sad, not to mention disappointed in the writing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys there is a feat that you guys are not realizing. Thor punched she Thor through a wall. But remember that the room they are in is vibranium and adamantium plated. sp he punched her though adamantium and vibranium

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@coolcat4 said:

Hey guys there is a feat that you guys are not realizing. Thor punched she Thor through a wall. But remember that the room they are in is vibranium and adamantium plated. sp he punched her though adamantium and vibranium

oh snap, thats true (i think)

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: i went back to check and they never left the room so it is. i had to be sure

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cream_God

@coolcat4 said:

@cgoodness: i went back to check and they never left the room so it is. i had to be sure

So he hits harder now with his new arm then. Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor punching her through adamantium and vibranium is an awesome feat actually but I feel like Aaron did that on accident. Doesn't seem like he wanted to make a big deal out of that moment to show how stromg his new arm is. But its a great feat anyway.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: well we have no clue what arm he punched with. but im guessing its actually the same strength and he could do it with either

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dwarf said it was *black uru* could be a stronger kind of uru then the one Mjolnir is made of.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dwarf said it was *black uru* could be a stronger kind of uru then the one Mjolnir is made of.

And was crafted the same way as Mjolnir 2, makes me wonder what its capable of, we know Mjolnir can bust planets like pebbles so imagine what this new arm can do

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From that issue thor said that Mjolnir never moved like the way when he was worthy of it.. when mjolnir was flying around hitting frost giants. but as i can recall mjolnir moved like that with Thor. for instance on JMS run when he is in africa >_<. This arc gave thor an Amnesia :(

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat1

isnt it only the door? or the entire room that is made of adamantium/vibranium?

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the walls according to Agger

They have a vibranium core surrounded by adamantium plating

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: no thanks. I mean can we stop giving thor handicaps that allow others to denigrate his awesomeness???! First the damn hammer. "He can't even fly. No lightning." Now he'll bust a planet and we'll hear: "it's because of the arm not because of his strength and power." ENOUGH WITH THE BLASTED CRUTCHES!!!!! He better rip a planet apart with his single non fake arm soon!!!!!! Im done with freaking enhancements used as excuses for his abilities. I hope a real writer comes in and makes him a badass again. Aaron did nothing for him at all but ruin his epicness.

@titing2101: EXACTLY. Proof this idiot doesn't even know the lore he's in charge of.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: no thanks. I mean can we stop giving thor handicaps that allow others to denigrate his awesomeness???! First the damn hammer. "He can't even fly. No lightning." Now he'll bust a planet and we'll hear: "it's because of the arm not because of his strength and power." ENOUGH WITH THE BLASTED CRUTCHES!!!!! He better rip a planet apart with his single non fake arm soon!!!!!! Im done with freaking enhancements used as excuses for his abilities. I hope a real writer comes in and makes him a badass again. Aaron did nothing for him at all but ruin his epicness.

@titing2101: EXACTLY. Proof this idiot doesn't even know the lore he's in charge of.

lol. but give Aaron some credit. His TGOT run is really good. but went downhill from there. MAYBE he will make a comeback from this not so good arc.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: before I shredded them and tossed them out I re-read them and they were really awful. Now in hindsight that whole run was terrible. Desak on steroids. More proof? What did thor do that was awesome? Absolutely nothing. Two hammers? The hammers did everything. Not thor and he got beat within an inch of his life. How awesome huh? OKT that everyone keeps raving about? Necrosword did everything not him. Destroyer arm? Again with the crutches. Nothing cool came out of this. The best things were from Remender in UA. Other then that GoT was a complete piece of s---. I'm glad it's gone from my collection. Only Thor stories that are epic (or at least tried) are welcome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: yeah real badass with no arm. A badass regrows his arm because he can. And what did he do? The necrosword merging was what saved the day not his powers which are what matters. If he personally and alone couldn't completely defeat galactus then it's a worthless battle. Another to add to the pile. Thor did better back in FF when they battled Galactus. And he didn't have the Odinforce. And his granddaughters had to help him? A badass needs no help from anyone. He shouldve manhandled galactus with his bare hands. But no. He calls that pos hammer again. A crutch to get another crutch for him. Just BS. Aaron is garbage. End of story.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: oh my.. well inconsistencies are really part of the comic world. we just have to wait for a new thor story >_<

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: ya i reread and it said the walls where. im betting Aaron didn't even realize he was making the real Thor do such an impressive feat. its also funny because people always say that he cant punch hard

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: ya i reread and it said the walls where. im betting Aaron didn't even realize he was making the real Thor do such an impressive feat. its also funny because people always say that he cant punch hard

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4:

Nice! And as for she-thor being punched that hard and not being fazed(not sure), having the power of Thor indirectly also gives thor a durability feat? lol

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: well Thor has survived some intense things so if she has his durability i can believe it. but she was fazed a little it took her a while to get up

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: It won't count. The haters will say it was the "black Uru" that broke it. Watch.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: the Black Uru Arm is now part of Thor so that would be a invalid argument. And even then Thor with a regular arm has one shotted Abomination and Namor which is still top notch. I can't wait to see how Thor uses his new arm with his lightning, would love to see a electric falcon punch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: a fully fed Galactus isn't easily beat though. He made him puke, broke his finger and burned holes in him, and was punched through the earth and the moon and didn't even feel it. That's pretty badass. Galactus can only be beaten by celestials and above, and even Odin lost to multiple celestials.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: I believe you're mistaken I'm afraid. Agger only said that the room to the door he locked himself in was made of vibranium and adamantium, not the walls as well. It doesn't say the walls are also made of the same substance.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By lantian1
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.