Thor VS Raiden

#1 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor VS Raiden ( Death Battles )

Who thought this was accuate?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

My computer sucks, so I can't even see the first minute.

Who won anyways?

#3 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor did, that was a pretty sick little cartoon cheesy video haha. The end of it was a bit of an overkill like they said. It is accurate to a point, but I believe Raiden would have put up a better fight if he was at his elder god level, the video didn't show him in any way that he was other than him teleporting and using a little bit of lightning, both should be invulnerable to lightning anyway. If Thor was in his rune king mode/version, Raiden I don't think would stand a chance even if he had his elder god level, may be a little. Thor CANNOT lift over a million tons, unless if the midguard weighed that, then I could be wrong. I found their mjolnir theory about it weighing over a million tons was a bunch of nonsense though.

#4 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6: Thor has shown many feats that put him square in that class and above, he knocked the earth out of orbit arm wrestling Hercules, stalemated the hulk for an hour, lifted the midgard serpent that wrapped itself around the world, overpowered the surfer with physical might and the same to beat ray bill

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (40966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6: Thor can lift a million tons.

#6 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity: The only things you said that most likely accomplished lifting a million tons was that he knocked earth out of orbit ( I don't really recall that he disrupted the Earths orbit, though I most definitely recall the arm wrestle with Herc) and lifted the serpent. Stalemating the hulk for an hour or overpowering the surfer doesn't really show he can lift a million tons.

@Pyrogram: Then why don't we ever see him beat the hulk? Pretty sure I know the answer to that, but tell me your opinion.

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (40966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6: Beacuse lifting strength does not equal fighting strength in most cases... Beacuse they are both ultra strong, Thor has lifted what you statedm Asgard for example.

#8 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: without any effort ....officially said he can lift millon without effort ..

#9 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: and THor has had feats of strenght that hulk has not touched ...like the midgard serpent ...there is noooo feat that shows the hulk doing anything similar...that 150 billion ton mountaiun is like an ant compared to the midgard serpent ...and the hulk even stated he could barely hold ......while thor did not even seem to be straining that much ..

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt: Midgard Serpent wasn't THAT impressive. The feat gets skewered so bad that 95% of people don't even know the right context behind it.

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt:

Ok if u say so

I do say so. Unless you want to give me the correct context?

#12 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally watched it.

Well,it was accurate..

1. Thor holds back
  2. Thor gets the crap beaten out of him
  3. Thor is pissed
  4. Raiden is screwed
  5. *Insert overkill scene here*
  6. Thor wins
#13 Posted by VaporishLicense (132 posts) - - Show Bio

thor is just wayy to powerful for raiden. dont get me wrong, raiden does have godlike powers but thor. can destroy planets. but raidens wayy more badass though. i bet the asgardians would switch raiden with thor, that i could see happining.

#14 Posted by LimboBot (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden. to fast for thor.

#15 Edited by xlab3000 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#16 Edited by phisigmatau (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed this battle because it was a goood battle, incredible effort by the folks that did it. good job

#17 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#18 Posted by Son_of_simba (698 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed this battle because it was a goood battle, incredible effort by the folks that did it. good job

They did a terrible job thors immune to all of raidens powers and can fly faster than raiden can react one punch for thor turns raiden into a stain on the wall

#19 Edited by Blade_R (2705 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge MK fan ill happily admit I like Raiden infinitely more than Thor but IMO this battle was dumb. If Thor is truly as powerful as some people make him out to be then there is no way mortal Raiden could hang with Thor. Elder God Raiden possibly, but we don't even know the extent of his powers as a god nor do we know the extent of any of the Elder Gods powers. So we don't know how powerful he is in that form. That's why I think this battle was dumb and kind of pointless lol

/rant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.