Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor vs Hulk from epic... to Garbage

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cmartin

Im tempted to tweet this to marvel

From this

FROM THIS
    FROM THIS
    TO THAT BELOW
    TO THAT BELOW
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Are you going to expand on why you think this is bad?

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cmartin

@guttridgeb: it should be quite evident

the top pic ecapsulates a rivalry spanning decades.... epic both are mighty and matched in strength with creates and air of supense and we

the second pic...

look likes something from a road runner cartoon one combabatant completely disregarded and made to look like an idiot... thus ruining the greatest rivalry in marvel comic history

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Hulk should never even be allowed to touch Mjonir.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@KnightRise said:

This. Hulk just isn't worthy enough to lift it. I don't care if he's the angriest he's ever been, I don't care if gravity comes into play, Mjolnir is MAGIC. The spell on it makes it impossible to someone to lift it who isn't worthy and Hulk, try as he might is not WORTHY!!!!

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cmartin

can someone tweet this to marvel .. they need to at least know how thor fans feel......

marvel has DUMPED on the character constantly for over a decade now.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: Each to their own I guess. Personally I don't have a problem with (though I am a bit of a Hulk fanboy).

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By selinaky

That last page is so stupid.

Poor Thor...

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@KnightRise said:

This. Hulk just isn't worthy enough to lift it. I don't care if he's the angriest he's ever been, I don't care if gravity comes into play, Mjolnir is MAGIC. The spell on it makes it impossible to someone to lift it who isn't worthy and Hulk, try as he might is not WORTHY!!!!

I dunno. I think the Professor Hulk might be worthy. He is the idealized Hulk courtesy of Banner. Strong as Hulk with Bruce's brain and morals that match those of most superheroes. I think that Hulk might be worthy. Any other Hulk, I agree isn't worthy.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cmartin

@guttridgeb said:

@cmartin: Each to their own I guess. Personally I don't have a problem with (though I am a bit of a Hulk fanboy).

that explains why you have no problem with it.......

a rivalry usuaslly mean combatants are closely matched and sometimes it goes wither way....

looking at hulk and thor over the last 15 yrs is it really a rivalry...

1 hulk vs thor dvd... thor was nearly killed hit hulk 3 times hulk hit him over 40 times .. even wolverine did better he actually took down the hulk

2 hulk v thor avengers movie hulk beat up thor, slapstick punched him

3 ultimate avengers hulk allowed to lift thors hammer and one shot him with it....

... need i go on...

of course you have no problem with it ... youre a hulk fanboy...

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@JonSmith: Hulk shown in the pic was clearly Savage Hulk, or possibly Gravage Hulk. Either way he shouldn't have been able to lift it.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonSmith

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@JonSmith: Hulk shown in the pic was clearly Savage Hulk, or possibly Gravage Hulk. Either way he shouldn't have been able to lift it.

I'm aware. I was merely stating my opinion regarding a specific Hulk that COULD lift it. Given the fact that they all reside in the same body, I thought the comment relevant. If you disagree, I apologize for wasting your time.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cmartin

@Selinaky said:

That last page is so stupid.

Poor Thor...

marvel constatantly disrespects thor..... and it is so blatant......

it needs to stop

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@JonSmith: I don't disagree, just that The Professor Hulk isn't around anymore and quite possibly won't be for some time. Could he lift it? I think so, maybe, but I don't really see any need if he was around. Besides Hulk doesn't need Mjolnir.

I remember a scan of an issue of the second issue of The Avengers. Hulk, Gravage Hulk at this point, was stating how Thor needs his hammer and Stark needs his armor bit he doesn't need anything, he's powerful all on his own. Even if he COULD lift it, I doubt he'd try considering he believes his already ultrapowerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

@guttridgeb said:

a rivalry usuaslly mean combatants are closely matched and sometimes it goes wither way....

1 hulk vs thor dvd... thor was nearly killed hit hulk 3 times hulk hit him over 40 times .. even wolverine did better he actuallt tood down the hulk

3 ultimate avengers hulk allowed to lift thors hammer and one shot him with it....

... need i go on...

First of all, there is nothing wrong with a bit of fanboyism provided it isn't taken to far.

Animated movies are never a fair representation of a characters power/skill. In the Hulk vs Wolverine film, Hulk was severely depowered.

Hulk didn't beat up Thor in the Avengers movie. The only reason Thor went flying was because he was caught off guard. Besides, Thor is depowered anyway in the MCU.

I don't know whether you are referring to the Ultimate Avengers comics or film, I haven't experienced either so I'll stay away from that.

As far as I'm concerned, Thor and Hulk don't have a very good rivalry anyway. Plus, Thor has become weaker anyway over the years, its not just him and Hulk.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cmartin

@guttridgeb said:

@cmartin said:

@guttridgeb said:

1 hulk vs thor dvd... thor was nearly killed hit hulk 3 times hulk hit him over 40 times .. even wolverine did better he actuallt tood down the hulk

... need i go on...

First of all, there is nothing wrong with a bit of fanboyism provided it isn't taken to far.

Animated movies are never a fair representation of a characters power/skill. In the Hulk vs Wolverine film, Hulk was severely depowered.

Hulk didn't beat up Thor in the Avengers movie. The only reason Thor went flying was because he was caught off guard. Besides, Thor is depowered anyway in the MCU.

I don't know whether you are referring to the Ultimate Avengers comics or film, I haven't experienced either so I'll stay away from that.

As far as I'm concerned, Thor and Hulk don't have a very good rivalry anyway. Plus, Thor has become weaker anyway over the years, its not just him and Hulk.

They had an an amazing rivalry when both had equal strength.... now im not even sure if thor is a strong as collusus....

ultiimate avengers dvd, they had hulk pick up thors hammer from the ground and knock him out with it...

marvel have made thor as weak as shit ....

while hulk stronger.. knocking out any being once he gets mad.... DAMN nonsense

typical battle... hulk vs galactus

punches gaklactus glactus swats him he gets mad.. jumps up to punches ko

thats how ALL hulk fights go...

while thor is thrashed over and over and over.... garbage without his hammer...no strength no fighting skill now a beta character

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: Watch your language, swearing isn't allowed on here so you may want to get rid of those. Hulk has been beaten plenty of times, Zeus destroyed Hulk. Hulk would have no chance against Galactus. Besides, if you really like Thor what difference does it make if hes a little less powerful?

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cmartin

@guttridgeb: yes zeus beat hulk.....

who else .. truly beat hulk....in the last 5 years

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cmartin

i want thor to be how he was truly might.....

not a jober..... he is the strongest of the norse gods.....

.... for heck sake

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By cameron83

@cmartin: I agree with you,but edit the profanity out,it's not allowed on comicvine

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cmartin

ok ive done it.....

but back to what i was saying... thor is no longer mighty, more like a jobber beaten regulary

hulk was probably properly beaten once in the last 10 years

lanebad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lanebad6

$ <- Thats what its about these days with marvel, hulk is where the money is. You know how many hulk fan boys there are? A crud load.

Avatar image for antinatalistaggie
    antinatalistaggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frankly Thor and Hulk should not be fighting at all; the disparity between their respective powers should not be compared. Thor is an immortal who honestly belongs romping around in space battling celestials, cosmic beings (the Surfer), Skyfathers, gods, and every thing in between. That is the level Thor belongs on; not on earth battling mortals.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Asagod

Just for note, Hulk wasn't wielding Mjolnir, he was "lifting" the hand of Thor. That fight was bad writing and was also a Hulk comic book, it means that, in this case, Hulk would (or at least should) win.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XLR87T3

^^This is it^^

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cmartin

@XLR87T3 said:

^^This is it^^

marvel has no respect for thor fans... whatsoever

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

What a great example of how Marvel has screwed up not only this classic rivalry they've also devalued Thor's strength, power and respect.

'Tis a shame indeed.

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Walker696

Thor started out as being the strongest being in Marvel, Lee even said he was made to be stronger then Hulk (matter of fact he said he was the only person stronger then Hulk). Hulk rose in fame over Thor and that's why he has become stronger over the past years and lets be honest had better showings against him as well. Thor has done things that down right trump Hulk (putting a hole in Galactus's head, standing up to the Phoenix alone however short it was he still held his own, cracked a Celestial's armor.............Hulk may be stronger but Thor is way more powerful). Sadly for some reason writers just seem to think that Thor is a brute and forgets all his other powers when he fights the Hulk. So whether you chalk it up to bad writing or plot devices Thor will more then likely always lose to Hulk in the long run until more people push for him. Pretty much the same goes for Blue Marvel, Wonder Man, and any other heavy hitter around, because as long as Hulk has a large following it will be like the Heavy HIitters in DC when it comes to Superman.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By throughmyeyez

Wanna know something even stupider? In recent comics, such as the Deviants Saga, and other saga's penned by the same artists, Thor's powers are severely weakened. He loses a fight vs Tutinax, places no real threat to anyone, and isn't the super hero I hoped to be reading about. A rather large let down.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cmartin

Hulk is not stronger thor.... no matter how hulk gets mad.... thor is the strongest morse god....

that pictire i posted of hulk and thor locked in grip for hrs is the rel thor to me....

i dont acknowledge anything else marvel puts out......this whole madder stronger foolishness i do not believe that gives him unlimited strength.... as seen in hulk 425

marvel wont brainwash me... fortunatley i was born in a age of good comics... and that is what i recognise

screw marvel.. they have zero respect for thor readers

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cmartin

@TheAcidSkull said:

@cmartin:

Yes, Thor does start stronger , but not by too much, and as for the scan above, where Thor and hulk a locked in a hold for an hour, in knew that would have been posted sooner or later , so i started thinking about something, If for example you and i are locked in a hold, and you are lets say stronger than me, shouldn't you at first be wining? i mean if your stronger at first you should be winning the test of strength, while i slowly pick up the pace and start matching you and then surpass you. My personal though is that the writer wanted these to characters to be seen as equals. I might not be making to much sense, but think about it, Thor should have been winning at first, how were they a match if hulk had to increase his strength and thor was spouse to be far greater in strength Than hulk was at a base. That's all i have to say, i just don't see how it makes sense.

also hulk can surpass thor in strength, Hulks limits are unknown , but in do agree that thor should be back on his classic level cuz marvel has treated him like shit , maybe you should give Thor god of thunder a shot? it came out just today

i understand your anger but there is no need to disrespect Hulk either,

both were locked in that grip for a hour.. none could move the other... you hulk fanboys use this madder i get stronger i get ...as an excuse to run wild

thor has no strength limit either thats why when both were locked in combat in that scan non could move the other , have you ever seen thor attemt to lift something and be unable to do so, so how do you know he has a limit.....

his strength is limit are just as unknown as hulks.. well classic thor....

ive been disgusted with how marvel has ravaged thor ive just not read thor in a while....

this thor god of thunder is he anywhere near classic thor or is he weaker than collusus without mjolnir as marvel know depicts him

sautor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sautor

I dont understand whats with all this thor is stronger than hulk im reading, There is only one fact about hulk he gets stronger the angrier he gets anything stalemating hulk in strength is moronic by that fact alone.

Thor even in lock for an hour with hulk is poor writting against hulk not the other way around. The only way thor should fight hulk is trowing lighting at him at a safe distance cos once hulk gets close should be over for him. Thor has many things going on for him hulk has one leave it be.

And he lifting the hammer should be possible regardles of magic it is a feat of strength, you can take it as he is sooo strong that he bended the rule, no harm there,after all the hammer will always return to thor

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cmartin

@TheAcidSkull said:

@cmartin said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@cmartin:

Yes, Thor does start stronger , but not by too much, and as for the scan above, where Thor and hulk a locked in a hold for an hour, in knew that would have been posted sooner or later , so i started thinking about something, If for example you and i are locked in a hold, and you are lets say stronger than me, shouldn't you at first be wining? i mean if your stronger at first you should be winning the test of strength, while i slowly pick up the pace and start matching you and then surpass you. My personal though is that the writer wanted these to characters to be seen as equals. I might not be making to much sense, but think about it, Thor should have been winning at first, how were they a match if hulk had to increase his strength and thor was spouse to be far greater in strength Than hulk was at a base. That's all i have to say, i just don't see how it makes sense.

also hulk can surpass thor in strength, Hulks limits are unknown , but in do agree that thor should be back on his classic level cuz marvel has treated him like shit , maybe you should give Thor god of thunder a shot? it came out just today

both were locked in that grip for a hour.. none could move the other... you hulk fanboys use this madder i get stronger i get ...as an excuse to run wild

thor has no strength limit either thats why when both were locked in combat in that scan non could move the other , have you ever seen thor attemt to lift something and be unable to do so, so how do you know he has a limit.....

ive been disgusted with how marvel has ravaged thor ive just not read thor in a while....

this thor god of thunder is he anywhere near classic thor or is he weaker than collusus without mjolnir as marvel know depicts him

it just came out , so i can't tell you, and did you even read what i said? Thor has never been said have limitless strength he may not have shown a limit but there was never an infinite element to it, while hulk had such an element, it's not fanboism, it how it is , i use no excuse, Thor and HULK were equal because thor was had skill and tactics( and mjolier) while hulk had brute force

I have every thor v hulk confrontation ...... all so i know different in the beinning this was NEVER as you said both had equal strength .... you tell cant me jack i have

allllllll confrontations.. so lets agree to disagree

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor would destroy Hulk, end of story.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Malevolent1

@TheAcidSkull said:

@cmartin said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@cmartin:

it just came out , so i can't tell you, and did you even read what i said? Thor has never been said have limitless strength he may not have shown a limit but there was never an infinite element to it, while hulk had such an element, it's not fanboism, it how it is , i use no excuse, Thor and HULK were equal because thor was had skill and tactics( and mjolier) while hulk had brute force

You're right. Thor has never been stated to have limitless strength. But Hulk is where he is today only because that is how editors and writers over the years have evolved the character. The OP indicates a scan from Defenders 10. Originally, at best, Hulk could equal Thor in strength. Stan Lee, the creator of both characters, clearly indicated that Thor, at his inception was SUPPOSED TO BE STRONGER than the Hulk. When Tom DeFalco took over as EIC, he is the one who decided Hulk SHOULD BE STRONGER than Thor. And it has evolved from there. Hulk is also the more popular of the two characters. Has been for decades now.

But Hulk being stronger than Thor? Sure, that is how it is now. But that's now the way they were originally designed.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By THORSON

THOR could easily kill the hulk from asgard if he wanted.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By New_World_Order

That was from a dream of Hulk's where he brakes Mjolnir.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By MasterKungFu

it just sucks that a lot these of what thor could do just gets thrown out the window. thor has soooo many powers people just forget that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@malevolent1:

Absolutely agree with your correct summary of the situation! Putting aside all fan boyism, which exists on the part of both Thor and Hulk supporters, this is what it is.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ArchiZoom

Didn't the Hulk crush a phalanx of Asgardians before he trashed Thor after which he laid waste to Aasgard effortlessly, and almost did the same to Hel, so much so Hela, the Queen Supreme seemed afraid of him. Doesn't that kind of showing depreciate the Gods, and consequently Thor as well, I mean Aasgard really didn't seem like much

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank crappy writers. Thor was emant to be strongest than hulk and thats how it should be. Too many ignorant writers.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yeah same with DC, ignorance precludes Wonder Woman from breaking Superman's nose again, what a shame.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Didn't the Hulk crush a phalanx of Asgardians before he trashed Thor after which he laid waste to Aasgard effortlessly, and almost did the same to Hel, so much so Hela, the Queen Supreme seemed afraid of him. Doesn't that kind of showing depreciate the Gods, and consequently Thor as well, I mean Aasgard really didn't seem like much

Your thinking of the Hulk vs Thor animated dvd which a lot people think is crap due to the ease Hulk trashed everyone and was considered a "Ragnarok" level threat. Yost and Kyle constantly snarking throughout their commentary did not help matters.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: I'm glad people think the movie's rubbish because so do I. I don't know why we have to have some heroes make grandiose displays of strength at the expense of other heroes who in comparison look like losers. All we need to know is that Thor and The Hulk are roughly as strong as each other without ever learning who's actually the strongest.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

THOR can easily wipe hulk from existence, but chooses not to because of banner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.