Thor Video Game Teaser

#1 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not working :/

#2 Posted by G-Man (36658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: Maybe you weren't "worthy"? I talked to Odin and set him straight. It should work for ya now.
#3 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Is it based on the upcoming movie or the comics?
#4 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" Is it based on the upcoming movie or the comics? "

Movie.

Only one shot of the actual gameplay and it looks incredible.  More Thor = good, in my book anyway.
#5 Posted by ccrosby (71 posts) - - Show Bio

they had this at the marvel booth at SDCC - not enough to judge anything about the game by, but sega's track record with marvel based movie licenses has historically been less than stellar-  lets hope they right this wrong...

#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ry Fryy:
Thanks.
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow don't know where to start, I am liking the idea of a Thor game.. and I liked the first Iron Man "movie" game, although it had less to do with the movie then it had to do with the comic. And Sega did that one didn't they? I wonder what type of bad guys you'll see in the game, I am hoping someone like Grey Gargoyle or even the Wrecking Crew make an appearance.

#8 Posted by Mizu_pl (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on an upcoming movie, made by SEGA. No, definitely not good idea. But I will wait for results.

#9 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I am growing to like this movie and game.  Much more so than I thought I would, and infinitely more, to this point, than Cap's movie.  Unsure if Cap video game is coming out?

#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good... which I played video games though!

#11 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this being developed in house by "Marvel Studios"? Who is that exactly?

#12 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

The film is going to be incredible- all the posts on this site have concurred, and I am inclined to trust their expert opinions. And when you have Kenneth Branagh, the RSC player who boasted he could "out-Shakespeare Shakespeare" (and succeeded, to a point), directing it what do we expect. It lends a sort of credence to the whole superhero sub-genre that I appreciate.  

The video game... we shall see. Generally I have not been a fan of games based on films- they tend to be kind of shoddy (probably rush production to get them out around the same time as the film to build on fan hype and increase sales). But who knows, the trailer looks good, and if the movie is quality enough maybe it will bump up the game quality as well. At least thats what I'm hoping.  
#13 Posted by CaptainGenisVell (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope the cutscenes are better than Iron Man's and Iron Man II's combined! lol

#14 Posted by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Thor fan, but I'm really skeptical about this game. Sega + movie licensed games = suck! 

I hope I'm wrong.....but I doubt it.
#16 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!!!!

#17 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was one of the worst video game teasers of all time. I have wanted a Thor game all my life though so this is a must-buy for me even if it sucks, (which it almost undoubtedly will).

#18 Posted by Azareus (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, look at the part where  Thor  is standing its really pixelated.

#19 Posted by Nocturne21 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's anything like the two Iron Man games that Sega made it is going be to worse than crap.

#20 Posted by oiHooliganismoi (518 posts) - - Show Bio

hope its sand box game play

#21 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie tie in + Sega = Fail

Movie tie in games suck. They always have. The closest exception was X-Men Origins Wolverine, where the game was much better than the film. But in that case, it was because Raven was working on mechanics for a great Wolverine game before they adapted it to the "plot" of the film. Also, the story was still not very good. It was all about gameplay and those nods to the comics (like the alternate costumes)

#22 Posted by juniorlhulk (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  lol
#23 Edited by antiterra (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, there's just no way it will be good. Sega haven't made a good game in a long time, they haven't made a good action game in an even longer time, and Iron Man 2 was an abomination (they exceeded expectations by making it even worse than the first one, which nobody thought possible).

Thor will be bad, Green Lantern will be bad, Arkham Asylum II will be fantastic. Simple, really. :)

Oh, and I'll make another prediction, because I'm just that good. The Avengers game will also suck...

#24 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (571 posts) - - Show Bio

narration by Pablo Francisco?

#25 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, but Sega as the developer? thats the kiss of death.

#26 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

with all there money I thought they'd be able to make a game with good graphics

#27 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't encountered to many games based on movies that are actually good so we will see.

#28 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7902 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's the general consensus but I'm afraid i have to concur, the involvement of Saga in this project has taken my expectations down somewhat dramatically. 

#29 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, I'm not going to hold my breath for a stellar movie AND comicbook based game 
by Sega 
but I love the idea of an all Thor game 
DON'T SCREW IT UP!
#30 Posted by Jed112 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

the trailer looks good but normally movie games are a bit rubbish to be honest.

#31 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they learn something on the God of War games and apply it to this one...

#32 Posted by glanesb (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully a better adaptation to VG than most others!!!
PLEASE BE WORTHY!!!!

#33 Posted by gave1 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

just not interested in anything Thor

#34 Posted by miguel_yanke (36 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like Wolverine Origins, i dunno what to think

#35 Posted by ZaberCat (246 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it. nice video.

#36 Posted by lmothander (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#37 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone say that Marvel games put out by Sega suck?

#39 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

it was def lack luster.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.