Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8580 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor upcoming arc

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Found this.

The next big arc of THOR kicks off in February, with the return of both artist Esad Ribic and Old King Thor. Decide for yourself which is the more imposing figure. We also have the (re)introduction of a big new villain for the God of Thunder: ROXXON. It's been awhile since we've seen the Marvel U's favorite evil corporation in action, but they come roaring back in a huge way in this arc. They've even got a brand new CEO, who's so ruthless he has the nickname The Minotaur. Though I wonder if that's the only reason he has that nickname? There's also lots of S.H.I.E.L.D. action, revolving around Agent Roz Solomon, our gun-toting environmentalist who first appeared back in THOR GOD OF THUNDER #12. Plus submarines, floating islands, flying factories, and oh yeah... King Thor vs. Old Galactus! I'm pretty excited about this one.

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW

JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)

Variant Cover by Milo Manara

Variant Cover by Simone Bianchi

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD begin NOW!

Thor, Asgardian God of Thunder, has always fought to save his adopted home of Earth. But who can he fight when the planet itself is dying? Thor's mortal ally and environmental secret agent Roz Solomon has a few ideas. Namely the world's largest and most nefarious energy company Roxxon, and its ruthless new CEO known as "The Minotaur." Has the God of Thunder finally met his match, in the form of a multinational super-corporation? Meanwhile, many millennia ahead, a future version of Thor faces a very different battle to save what remains of the earth--a battle against the greatest villain the Marvel Universe has ever known—Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds!

Thor God Of Thunder #20STK633406 Image

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Part Two

• Thor battles to save the Earth on two fronts.

• In the present day, Thor takes on Roxxon, the world's most powerful and nefarious super-corporation. While in the far future, King Thor is all that stands between Old Galactus and the planet he's been dying to eat for a very long time.

• Even if King Thor wins, is the Earth still doomed?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

already knew about this but it looks incredible

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HaveAtThee

Can't wait, but there is an ongoing "God of Thunder" thread somewhere where a few of us have discussed this arc. It looks fantastic.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

Look's interesting!

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped for King Thor vs Galactus, Aaron wont disappoint

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really looking forward to it. These cat's captured "LIGHTNING" in a bottle their last run.

It's nice to see a Marvel character written by a group who truly love their work and make it more than paycheck

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

I'm hyped for King Thor vs Galactus, Aaron wont disappoint

Some nice hints were dropped by future Thor in regards to the boost that Thor will receive

Cosmic cop coming to a universe near you

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kgb725

Looks great

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yay, Jane Foster #2 only better because she's got a gun and stuff.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

Really looking forward to this next arc. The Accursed has only been a decent storyline at best but with Thor tackling environmental issues he can't solve with sheer might and power coupled with a sinister corporation Roxxon playing things behind the scenes, the return of Esad Ribic and King Thor vs Old Galactus, I am very excited for what this arc looks set to bring. Plenty of action, epic storytelling and twisting plot points sounds good to me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn, this looks epic.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This looks pretty promising and I hope Aaron returns to the epicness with this new arc because the Accursed was big disappointment.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SkyRobo1

Oh man I'm excited - We will finally see if King Thor could compete with the devourer of worlds (I hope he's not fighting a starving Galactus or else it's no fun)

Also I am wondering what has happened to Earth during King Thor's era

- Who are the Avengers now? Do they actually still exist?

- Is the Silver Surfer still Galactus herald?

I guess I'll find out, cant wait!!

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can't wait to see Thodin take on Galactus! Also maybe we can get a balanced look at an energy corporation? No? Well alright...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epic is the right word to use

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phisigmatau

new issue was pretty fun, but it was a let down when they didn't even <spoiler> show the final fight between thor and the dragon!! what the hell!!</spoiler>

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.