Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor TV series

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@TheCannon: I read the OP, you asked if there was a Thor cartoon coming out, not how would we do it. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I'd have a sort of anthology series, with Thor and Loki growing up and eventually growing distant, and in the final season it's present day, and they're rivals.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#152  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@TheCannon: I read the OP, you asked if there was a Thor cartoon coming out, not how would we do it. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I'd have a sort of anthology series, with Thor and Loki growing up and eventually growing distant, and in the final season it's present day, and they're rivals.

Not a bad idea. Any direct to DVD movies?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By majestic99

@TheCannon said:

Would other people be competitive?

What do you mean by competitive? Do you mean who else would be able to beat Thor?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheCannon

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

Would other people be competitive?

What do you mean by competitive? Do you mean who else would be able to beat Thor?

No, I'm asking if other people that couldn't beat Thor could give him a good fight.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By majestic99

@TheCannon:

I would intentionally create Thor to be superior to Superman in every possible way.

1. You don't have to deal with being the last of your kind

2. You have access to asgardian tech that is vastly superior to kryptonian tech

3. Asgardians are capable of intergalactic and even inter-dimesional travel, meaning if you get tired with Earth you can travel anywhere within the multiverse

4. You have no weaknesses(unlike Superman)

5. You have a 1 trillion large planet(Asgard) to return to, and you're the leader of Asgard's 10 billion strong army

6. Without your hammer, you every power superman has(with the exception of flight)

7. With your hammer, you not only get flight, but access to virtually limitless power

8. You will always have your powers(where as 1. Superman needs a yellow sun, and 2. Superman loses his under a red sun)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By TheCannon

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

I would intentionally create Thor to be superior to Superman in every possible way.

3. Asgardians are capable of intergalactic and even inter-dimesional travel, meaning if you get tired with Earth you can travel anywhere within the multiverse

5. You have a 1 trillion large planet(Asgard) to return to, and you're the leader of Asgard's 10 billion strong army

6. Without your hammer, you every power superman has(with the exception of flight)

7. With your hammer, you not only get flight, but access to virtually limitless power

8. You will always have your powers(where as 1. Superman needs a yellow sun, and 2. Superman loses his under a red sun)

To me, Thor is already superior to Superman in every way, but you just made it even better.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By majestic99

@TheCannon:

Agreed.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I haven't heard anything about it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By TheCannon
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: Thank you I will be sure to check out the links

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By TheCannon

@haydenclaireheroes said:

@TheCannon: Thank you I will be sure to check out the links

Great. But the second one doesn't work, so on the site, search Thor (TV Series).

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: Thank you for the heads up

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By TheCannon

@haydenclaireheroes said:

@TheCannon: Thank you for the heads up

You're welcome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

But that would be boring? A nigh omnipotent, unbeatable hero? Who could he fight to make it exciting?

And 6 and 7 you contradicted yourself.

I just don't see the fun in having a character who's unbeatable.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

But that would be boring? A nigh omnipotent, unbeatable hero? Who could he fight to make it exciting?

You probably haven't read all of the pages, so you don't know everything has given Thor. He has amazing feats, and he is almost unstopable. However, on the previous page, some people that could beat him are given. And, things like the Beyonder or the Infinity Gauntlet could give him a good fight.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By majestic99

@TheCannon: @primepower53 said:

Superman doesn't have virtually limitless power. And thecanon answered for me, you probably haven't read all 9 pages(which is mainly me and the canon discussing, lol). Reality warpers or beings amped by reality warpers would be able to stop him. And if you think my Thor is unbeatable, you haven't seen the list of powers/feats of Thor.

m99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: I never SAID he was unbeatable. YOU inferred it. That how you said YOU wanted to make him.

Fighting a crapload of reality warpers isn't really fun to see. It gets old after about two times.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By TheCannon

I'll let you two settle this, I'd rather not get involved. If you need me, call me.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53 said:

@majestic99: I never SAID he was unbeatable. YOU inferred it. That how you said YOU wanted to make him.

Fighting a crapload of reality warpers isn't really fun to see. It gets old after about two times.

Correct.

It's worked for Mr. Majestic.

m99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: Yeah...one person? How popular is this guy?

Whatever. I'll leave you and Cannon to your Thor Worship :P:P:P

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53 said:

@majestic99: Yeah...one person? How popular is this guy?

Whatever. I'll leave you and Cannon to your Thor Worship :P:P:P

Very much so, because Majestic is what makes Wildstorm Wildstorm. And even if he wasn't, that's not the point, the point are willing to watch shows whose characters are unbeatable. Like.....Hulk, Alucard(hellsing), Jedah(capcom),etc.

m99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: Personally, I dislike the last two, and since Hulk has a human side and there are non reality warpers (like the leader) that can beat him and ACTUALLY HURT HIM makes him not nigh omnipotent and virtually unbeatable like you want to do with Thor.

I leave you with this:

Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53:

So is Majestic, and it worked.

And do you mean Superman is more powerful Thor, or more iconic than Thor? What do you mean by the arrows?

m99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: it's your opinion it worked. Your opinion doesn't equal everyone's opinion. > means greater than. The more arrows, the greater the thing is. He's more iconic, powerful, and just an all around better and more well rounded character

now please leave me alone.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@majestic99: it's your opinion it worked. Your opinion doesn't equal everyone's opinion. > means greater than. The more arrows, the greater the thing is. He's more iconic, powerful, and just an all around better and more well rounded character

1. You're the one that started bothering us about Thor is too powerful, and now you're saying leave you alone. I'm told you to stop posting on my threads, and you still commented on it, but want to leave. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

2. More iconic, I would give you. More powerful, no fuc*ing way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: @TheCannon: both of you leave me alone.

I was stating my opinion. Something I am entitled to, just as you are. I don't need fanboy bashing from you guys. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53 said:

1.And you never answered my question on the vague "Superman>>>>Thor" thing. Real mature.

2. You ignored the other unbeatable popular characters, and

3. It's not my opinion that it worked. Mr. Majestic has been in over 1,000 issues, and at its height, Wildstorm rivaled Marvel and DC comics. There are thousands of Wildstorm and Mr. Majestic fans around the world.

I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion.

m99

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

I was stating my opinion. Something I am entitled to, just as you are. I don't need fanboy bashing from you guys. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!

No. I've asked you o leave me alone for days, and you still refuse to leave me alone. You're just trying to push me down to make yourself feel big.

@majestic99 said:

And you never answered my question on the vague "Superman>>>>Thor" thing. Real mature.

m99

Agreed.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53 said:

...Because stating facts about Mr. Majestic is fanboyism......

You obviously don't even know what a fanboy is, do you?

m99

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TheCannon

@majestic99 said:

@primepower53 said:

...Because stating facts about Mr. Majestic is fanboyism......

You obviously don't even know what a fanboy is, do you?

m99

He's too much of a coward to continue these kind of things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: a fanboy is someone like you. Obsessed over characters so much that that's all they can focus on. And most fanboys deny being fanboys. Now stop spamming my inbox.

And it's awfully convenient how you neglected how I ACTUALLY DID respond to all the things you brought up. Get off your high horse, quit being rude and leave me alone.

@primepower53 said:

See. I adressed something you said I apparently didn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: no, not cowardly. Just trying to be more mature and be the better man and walk away. Nothing cowardly about that just mature.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53 said:

@majestic99: a fanboy is someone like you. Obsessed over characters so much that that's all they can focus on. And most fanboys deny being fanboys. Now stop spamming my inbox.

And it's awfully convenient how you neglected how I ACTUALLY DID respond to all the things you brought up. Get off your high horse, quit being rude and leave me alone.

@primepower53 said:

That's not what a fanboy is. Not to ALL the characters I listed and you still didn't clarify the Superman>.Thor thing still.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact!

m99

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@TheCannon: no, not cowardly. Just trying to be more mature and be the better man and walk away. Nothing cowardly about that just mature.

Running away from something you started is cowardly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: and yet I did clarify:

@majestic99 said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: and you're entitled to your own opinion. I believe I am being the better man by trying to end the argument. It's not war, it's just an argument. I'm trying to be civil but you're making that increasingly difficult.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@TheCannon: and you're entitled to your own opinion. I believe I am being the better man by trying to end the argument. It's not war, it's just an argument. I'm trying to be civil but you're making that increasingly difficult.

You're the onse that started this thing. I'm just not running away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: goodbye

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53:

New 52 Superman is nowhere near as powerful as Thor. New 52 Superman has no feats!

Agree on the iconic.

Plus, believing he's more well rounded is an opinion, not a fact.

m99

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

Finally. Now we can actual get back to a Thor TV show, not an idiot trying to run away from something he started.

Does Spider-man ever appear on the show?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99 said:

@primepower53:

New 52 Superman is nowhere near as powerful as Thor. New 52 Superman has no feats!

Agree on the iconic.

Plus, believing he's more well rounded is an opinion, not a fact.

m99

Agree on the new 52. Hasn't been around long enough to judge. You could argue both ways for pre-52.

Iconic I agree with

yes it is an opinion

Sorry about the fanboy comment. Things got out of hand, now I'd like to try and make amends (you seem to listen to reason.)

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By majestic99

@TheCannon said:

Does Spider-man ever appear on the show?

Yes. So will the X-Men.

@primepower53 said:

Sorry about the fanboy comment. Things got out of hand, now I'd like to try and make amends (you seem to listen to reason.)

I do.

m99

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By TheCannon

Cool. My next question was going to be do the X-men appear. I know the Avengers do, because Thor joins the Avengers in the final episode.

I thought you left.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#194  Edited By nickthedevil

Cannon, you got to back off bro. Don't resort to name calling AGAIN. It's uneeded and immature.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By TheCannon

@nickthedevil said:

Cannon, you got to back off bro. Don't resort to name calling AGAIN. It's uneeded and immature.

I haven't. has on PMs.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By CapFanboy

@TheCannon said:

@primepower53 said:

1. You're the one that started bothering us about Thor is too powerful, and now you're saying leave you alone. I'm told you to stop posting on my threads, and you still commented on it, but want to leave. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Over time Superman would become more powerful than Thor as he continues to absorb solar energy. Doesn't matter as Pre-reboot Martian Manhunter > Superman and Thor

@TheCannon said:

@primepower53 said:

Finally. Now we can actual get back to a Thor TV show, not an idiot trying to run away from something he started.

Calling someone an idiot is enough to get you warned and ultimately banned I'd cut it out before that happened.

@majestic99 said:

m99

I'm assuming this is all about the omnipotent thing working, you can't be right on something that is purely hypothetical. It may work, it may not.

@TheCannon said:

things like the Beyonder or the Infinity Gauntlet could give him a good fight.

Things like the Beyonder and the infinity gauntlet would kill Thor. He's not at that level, he is quite powerful but not at a reality altering level. Rune King Thor yes, ordinary Thor no.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By TheCannon

@CapFanboy said:

@TheCannon said:

@primepower53 said:

Over time Superman would become more powerful than Thor as he continues to absorb solar energy. Doesn't matter as Pre-reboot Martian Manhunter > Superman and Thor

@TheCannon said:

@primepower53 said:

Calling someone an idiot is enough to get you warned and ultimately banned I'd cut it out before that happened.

@majestic99 said:

m99

I'm assuming this is all about the omnipotent thing working, you can't be right on something that is purely hypothetical. It may work, it may not.

@TheCannon said:

things like the Beyonder or the Infinity Gauntlet could give him a good fight.

Things like the Beyonder and the infinity gauntlet would kill Thor. He's not at that level, he is quite powerful but not at a reality altering level. Rune King Thor yes, ordinary Thor no.

I put those things in bold because that's what I'm commenting to. You probably didn't read the other 9 pages, so you didn't see all of the feats this version of Thor has.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By majestic99

@CapFanboy said:

I was talking about what he said about Majestic not being a successful character and I said those beings would be able to kill Thor.

m99

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By CapFanboy

@majestic99 said:

@CapFanboy said:

I was talking about what he said about Majestic not being a successful character and I said those beings would be able to kill Thor.

m99

Oh ok, my apologies. Majestic is a popular character but was created to be that powerful.

@TheCannon said:

commenting to. You probably didn't read the other 9 pages, so you didn't see all of the feats this version of Thor has.

But by making him into a completely different and powerful character, he isn't Thor. I don't even think OF Thor could take Beyonder.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TheCannon

@CapFanboy said:

@majestic99 said:

@CapFanboy said:

m99

Oh ok, my apologies. Majestic is a popular character but was created to be that powerful.

@TheCannon said:

commenting to. You probably didn't read the other 9 pages, so you didn't see all of the feats this version of Thor has.

But by making him into a completely different and powerful character, he isn't Thor. I don't even think OF Thor could take Beyonder.

I undersand your logic, and it makes sense. I wouldn't of made him that powerful, but made it work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.