Thor TV series

#1 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

It was announced in 2008 for a tie-in release with the movie. I haven't heard anything about it since. Are they still making it? I really hope they are, Thor is my favorite superhero.

Also, how would you do a Thor cartoon? How would you do your pilot episode? What would be the (if any) major storyline going across the entire first season? Would you have the origins explained in the first episode(s) or would have some sort of origins episode?

#2 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Live action? I doubt it. The budget would be astronomical and the show would be hard-pressed to gain the necessary viewership to justify the money spent. 

#3 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Watch the language. There's no need to attempt too be condescending.

I'm sorry. But really, it specifically says cartoon.

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon said:

@Illuminatus said:

Watch the language. There's no need to attempt too be condescending.

I'm sorry. But really, it specifically says cartoon.

Not in the first part about a 2008 film tie-in, so I assumed that it was live-action by default. 

And while I doubt Marvel would start on a solo Thor animated series, I would like to see it if Gillen or JMS wrote some of the episodes.
#5 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but after that when I asked how you would do it, I said cartoon. Also, they were planning one. If you don't believe me, look at these sites:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/930/930221p1.html

http://marvelanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_%28TV_Series%29

#6 Posted by sagejonathan (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Peace, guys. Peace.

#7 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand about peace. All I want is for someone to put up what this forum was about in the first place.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

How come no one is putting anything up on this?

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Well if i was in charge of makeing a thor cartoon i woud not tie it in to the movie not cause the movie is bad belive it far from being bad and i would rekonemed it but i digress. I would insteed addapt the comic to a cartoon starting from when thor was a kid set in asgard and this show wuld go throgh his life up un till he gets banished to earth. Then i would start a whole new show whitch addapts the thor comics into a cartonn format.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@TheCannon: Well if i was in charge of makeing a thor cartoon i woud not tie it in to the movie not cause the movie is bad belive it far from being bad and i would rekonemed it but i digress. I would insteed addapt the comic to a cartoon starting from when thor was a kid set in asgard and this show wuld go throgh his life up un till he gets banished to earth. Then i would start a whole new show whitch addapts the thor comics into a cartonn format.

Finally, someone who put up how they would do a Thor cartoon. Also, when I say movie tie-in, I mean it's based on the character that is in the movie, it doesn't relate to the movie at all. It's like the Iron Man movie and Iron Man: Armored Adventures, or Superman Returns and Superman: Brainiac attacks, they feature the same character, but are unrelated.

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Live action? I doubt it. The budget would be astronomical and the show would be hard-pressed to gain the necessary viewership to justify the money spent.
#12 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: @TheCannon said:

It was announced in 2008 for a tie-in release with the movie. I haven't heard anything about it since. Are they still making it? I really hope they are, Thor is my favorite superhero.

Also, how would you do a Thor cartoon? How would you do your pilot episode? What would be the (if any) major storyline going across the entire first season? Would you have the origins explained in the first episode(s) or would have some sort of origins episode?

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It's a tv show. But it does what most other shows does to Thor: make him weak.

#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

I'd return Thor to classic levels.

m99

#14 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

I'd return Thor to classic levels.

m99

Love it, love everything about it.

#15 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

And I'd make it to where Thor's STANDARD power in the tv series would be equivalent to comics Thor possessing the Odin Force.

And I'd make it to where he was so fast you could argue he possesses Marvel's version of the Speedster Force.

m99

#16 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

And I'd make it to where Thor's STANDARD power in the tv series would be equivalent to comics Thor possessing the Odin Force.

And I'd make it to where he was so fast you could argue he possesses Marvel's version of the Speedster Force.

m99

Again. pretty cool.

#17 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

As producer, I'd make it to where I'd list out ALL of his feats that I want to happen. These include, but are not limited to:

preventing the gravitational singularity of a black hole from collapsing in on itself by holding it open with his bare hands, shattering every bone Hulk's body with one punch, smashing Pure Adamantium, cracking Onslaught's Armor(a being at least Celestial level in power), shattering the force field of the silver surfer with a single strike(Surfer commented nothing less than the force of 10 million exploding hiroshima bombs could even crack it, much less shatter it), crumbling uru metal into dust with his bare hands, effortlessly beating Hercules in an arm wrestling match, denting the Destroyer Armor with a mere headbutt, creating a 40.0 earthquake by stomping his foot on the ground, battling the West and East Avengers at the same time even though it was narrated that his strength was more than there combined might, healing an entire hospital full of people with a wave of his hand, lifting a 480 billion ton warship with one hand and said it was like lifting paper, knocking out Photon who was moving at Lightspeed, traveling around the entire Milky Way Galaxy in half a pico-second( 1 trillionth of a second), mjolnir effortlessy absorbing a blast equivalent to that of 10,000 big bangs( one big bang created the universe we know today) being completely immune to the telepathic attacks of Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force, etc.

m99

#18 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

that's pretty powerful. Someone of his villains wouldn't stand a chance.

#19 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Creating a storm covering all of planet Earth, absorbing Stardust's attacks(which could've destroyed an entire solar system) with ease, freezing time in all of the Marvel Universe, repelling Galactus "like a bug," using his unrestrained power to overload the Absorbing Man, teleporting the Abomination from Earth to a black hole, manipulating Magnetic fields to the point where he not only effortlessly defeated Magneto but in comparison, Magneto's unrestrained power was not even 0.0000000000001% of Thor's power, having his hammer classified as the most powerful weapon in all of reality, even more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet, physically harming and defeating Pre Retcon Beyonder in combat, using his super breath to blow the Earth back into orbit, creating an entire universe out of nothing, then just as easily destroys it, giving others superpowers, and can even take superpowers away if he wishes with a swing of hammer,("divine empowerment"), deflecting bullets with his hair, standing at the center of a Life Bomb Explosion and being completely unfazed(which destroyed 1/5 of the entire uninhabited universe Thor had teleported to), etc.

Do you want me to go on?

Do you like my ideas?

What race are you?

m99

#20 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

Creating a storm covering all of planet Earth, absorbing Stardust's attacks(which could've destroyed an entire solar system) with ease, freezing time in all of the Marvel Universe, repelling Galactus "like a bug," using his unrestrained power to overload the Absorbing Man, teleporting the Abomination from Earth to a black hole, manipulating Magnetic fields to the point where he not only effortlessly defeated Magneto but in comparison, Magneto's unrestrained power was not even 0.0000000000001% of Thor's power, having his hammer classified as the most powerful weapon in all of reality, even more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet, physically harming and defeating Pre Retcon Beyonder in combat, using his super breath to blow the Earth back into orbit, creating an entire universe out of nothing, then just easily destroys it, giving others superpowers, and can even take superpowers away if he wishes with a swing of hammer,("divine empowerment"), deflecting bullets with his hair, standing at the center of a Life Bomb Explosion and being completely unfazed(which destroyed 1/5 of the entire uninhabited universe Thor had teleported to), etc.

Do you want me to go on?

Do you like my ideas?

What race are you?

m99

I like your ideas. All I'm saying is that most of his villains wouldn't stand a chance. And I'm white.

#21 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, that's the point. It's better than what they do to Thor now:

m99

#22 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

I know, that's the point. It's better than what they do to Thor now:

m99

That picture is just sad.

#23 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

So.....you agree with my point?

m99

#24 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

So.....you agree with my point?

m99

Yes.

#25 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Do you want to hear more of my feats I want for Thor?

m99

#26 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

Do you want to hear more of my feats I want for Thor?

m99

Sure, why not?

#27 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Ressurecting people wrongly killed, Making the entire Earth invisible with his hammer, becoming intangible with hammer with a mere thought, being able absorb the mystical energies from Juggernaut and redirect back at Juggernaut with such tremendous force that the Juggernaut's indestructible helmet was disintegrated, striking Beta Ray Bill with such force, Thor ended up shattering the planet they were fighting on(10,000 times larger than Earth), surviving a WHITE DWARF star 10 million times larger than our own sun going supernova and said he didn't feel a thing. That's all I have for now.

m99

#28 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

Ressurecting people wrongly killed, Making the entire Earth invisible with his hammer, becoming intangible with hammer with a mere thought, being able absorb the mystical energies from Juggernaut and redirect back at Juggernaut with such tremendous force that the Juggernaut's indestructible helmet was disintegrated, striking Beta Ray Bill with such force, Thor ended shattering the planet they were fighting on(10,000 times larger than Earth), surviving a WHITE DWARF star 10 million times larger than our own sun going supernova and said he didn't feel a thing. That's all I have for now.

m99

He would be unstoppable. I doubt the One Above All could beat him with these feats.

#29 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

One Above All could beat my version of Thor. Hell, the only two beings more powerful than my version of thor would be the Living Tribunal and the One Above All.

m99

#30 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

One Above All could beat my version of Thor. Hell, the only two beings more powerful than my version of thor would the Living Tribunal and the One Above All.

m99

Yeah, I did exaggerate. If your version of Thor turned evil, and every hero on Earth teamed up to stop him, Thor would kill them all. Unless they somehow transported him to the Negative Zone, but Thor would probably come back and win.

#31 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Don't worry! My version of Thor will ALWAYS be the good guy!
m99

#32 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

Don't worry! My version of Thor will ALWAYS be the good guy!
m99

With how powerful he is, there probably won't be any villains. Everyone would either be dead, captured, or cower in fear. He would probably have to get someone and say:

Hold this sack full of money and this gun, walk out the bank wearing a mask, and be ready to go to jail.

Then, when the guy does it, he'll start chasing him.

#33 Posted by Thorgoki (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hope they make him at least a much better version of the Thor we've been seeing get slapped around by everyone lately. 

#34 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I really like thor, and these feats are very... powerful, but don't you think it is a little much? I mean, can you give me a list of enemies that would make an interesting story? I guess you could amp up all his enemies as well if you want to go that route.

@TheCannon: I would love an animated Thor series! I agree with what someone else was saying, about starting him out younger and then going to where he is banished on earth. I could see that working but I could also see that it wouldn't if people wanted to see his ties to earth right away, also transitioning from a complete setting in Asgard and other realms to mainly being on earth would have to be well done to be accepted. Another way to go is to start him out approaching adult hood and he has to do some trials in the realms and one includes a trial on earth. You could even have a complete season of some back story mixed in with trials that finally ends with his last trial on earth as a finale... where something goes wrong and he some how looses the ability to travel back to Asgard and then in the next season he tries to fit in with humanity. He could even really hate it at first and show that he doesn't really care about Midgard or humanity, but the longer he is there, the more he learns to love the place and the people.

#35 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx said:

@majestic99: I really like thor, and these feats are very... powerful, but don't you think it is a little much? I mean, can you give me a list of enemies that would make an interesting story? I guess you could amp up all his enemies as well if you want to go that route.

@TheCannon: I would love an animated Thor series! I agree with what someone else was saying, about starting him out younger and then going to where he is banished on earth. I could see that working but I could also see that it wouldn't if people wanted to see his ties to earth right away, also transitioning from a complete setting in Asgard and other realms to mainly being on earth would have to be well done to be accepted. Another way to go is to start him out approaching adult hood and he has to do some trials in the realms and one includes a trial on earth. You could even have a complete season of some back story mixed in with trials that finally ends with his last trial on earth as a finale... where something goes wrong and he some how looses the ability to travel back to Asgard and then in the next season he tries to fit in with humanity. He could even really hate it at first and show that he doesn't really care about Midgard or humanity, but the longer he is there, the more he learns to love the place and the people.

Not bad. My idea was to have a pilot episode where he's banished to Earth. Then. have a few episodes where he finds mjolnir, and fights a few villains such as Loki, the Tomorrow Man, and a few other villains like that. Then, a two-parter where he returns to Asgard. After that, it separates whether he's fighting someone like Radioactive Man on Earth, Ymir in Asgard, or Hercules in Olympus. It could be an awesome series. Want to talk about episodes on a PM?

#36 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx said:

Probably just amp up most of the villains, probably they received there powers via the Infinity Gauntlet.

m99

#37 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Any other ideas for me?

m99

#38 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

How about this. What would the episodes be? He would be so powerful that no villain could last more than 10 seconds with him.

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

How about this. What would the episodes be? He would be so powerful that no villain could last more than 10 seconds with him.

Thor's only weakness would be magic, and magically enchanted items. And beings given powers by reality warpers(like Pre Retcon Beyonder) would affect him. If PRB gave someone super strength, it could harm Thor, although Thor would heal instantly.

m99

#40 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

Thor's only weakness would be magic, and magically enchanted items. And beings given powers by reality warpers(like Pre Retcon Beyonder) would affect him. If PRB gave someone super strength, it could harm Thor, although Thor would heal instantly.

m99

You said even the infinity gauntlet couldn't harm him. Could the anti-life equation?

#41 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

No. Only items created by reality warpers.

m99

#42 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

No. Only items created by reality warpers.

m99

Okay. So he would face the Beyonder and people like that?

#43 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Yep. And Silver Surfer, Molecule Man, Thanos, etc. Thor would fight about EVERY hardhitter in the Marvel Universe.

m99

#44 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

Yep. And Silver Surfer, Molecule Man, Thanos, etc. Thor would fight about EVERY hardhitter in the Marvel Universe.

m99

And yet he can't be harmed by the infinity gauntlet?

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

Creating a storm covering all of planet Earth, absorbing Stardust's attacks(which could've destroyed an entire solar system) with ease, freezing time in all of the Marvel Universe, repelling Galactus "like a bug," using his unrestrained power to overload the Absorbing Man, teleporting the Abomination from Earth to a black hole, manipulating Magnetic fields to the point where he not only effortlessly defeated Magneto but in comparison, Magneto's unrestrained power was not even 0.0000000000001% of Thor's power, having his hammer classified as the most powerful weapon in all of reality, even more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet, physically harming and defeating Pre Retcon Beyonder in combat, using his super breath to blow the Earth back into orbit, creating an entire universe out of nothing, then just easily destroys it, giving others superpowers, and can even take superpowers away if he wishes with a swing of hammer,("divine empowerment"), deflecting bullets with his hair, standing at the center of a Life Bomb Explosion and being completely unfazed(which destroyed 1/5 of the entire uninhabited universe Thor had teleported to), etc.

Do you want me to go on?

Do you like my ideas?

What race are you?

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

As producer, I'd make it to where I'd list out ALL of his feats that I want to happen. These include, but are not limited to:

preventing the gravitational singularity of a black hole from collapsing in on itself by holding it open with his bare hands, shattering every bone Hulk's body with one punch, smashing Pure Adamantium, cracking Onslaught's Armor(a being at least Celestial level in power), shattering the force field of the silver surfer with a single strike(Surfer commented nothing less than the force of 10 million exploding hiroshima bombs could even crack it, much less shatter it), crumbling uru metal into dust with his bare hands, effortlessly beating Hercules in an arm wrestling match, denting the Destroyer Armor with a mere headbutt, creating a 40.0 earthquake by stomping his foot on the ground, battling the West and East Avengers at the same time even though it was narrated that his strength was more than there combined might, healing an entire hospital full of people with a wave of his hand, lifting a 480 billion ton warship with one hand and said it was like lifting paper, knocking out Photon who was moving at Lightspeed, traveling around the entire Milky Way Galaxy in half a pico-second( 1 trillionth of a second), mjolnir effortlessy absorbing a blast equivalent to that of 10,000 big bangs( one big bang created the universe we know today) being completely immune to the telepathic attacks of Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force, etc.

m99

Some of this is wrong.
#46 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

NO, they would be feats I WANT to happen in the show, not that HAVE happened!

m99

#47 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

They have to be amped by beings like Death, Eternity, Thanos(at full power), Pre Retcon Beyonder,etc. Thor would only be physically harmed a few times. Now that I think about it, maybe it's a little too powerful.

m99

#48 Posted by TheCannon (17977 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon:

They have to be amped by beings like Death, Eternity, Thanos(at full power), Pre Retcon Beyonder,etc. Thor would only be physically harmed a few times. Now that I think about it, maybe it's a little too powerful.

m99

Yeah, it is.

#49 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant:

NO, they would be feats I WANT to happen in the show, not that HAVE happened!

m99

Ohhhhh

#50 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

It is what?

m99

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.