Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

thor the goddes of thunder

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is it good? I want to buy it but I don't know if it worth it

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, its SJW propaganda

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

Nope. It's terrible. None of the concepts or convenient plot holes make sense. Everything is set up to make Foster look like Thors superior. Which she will NEVER be. The art is nice though. I bought the first 3 issues then boycotted it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, its SJW propaganda

And the Worse Thor comic since the 90's, it's not even a Thor story about Gods!

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no,definitely not.sorry but this sucks.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

@tantani: well, for one, Marvel only puts the comments it likes. Look at the letters page in "Thor." They put all of one negative letter in it which Aaron blasted the fan rather than try to explain himself in a decent manner. All the other letters praised the story. Quite frankly, if you're not a Thor fan who has been reading for a while and who is familiar with the complexity and the high fantasy of his storied past, this "story" may be ok. To me and others used to Simonson, Lee and Kirby, etc., this kind of storytelling really caters to only those of the lowest intelligence. Those who take everything that is given to them and fall in line despite the terrible flaws looking at them in their face. People who berate long time TRUE fans for disliking "change" because they now decided to jump on to a gimmick laden train ride, commandeering the story of a character they had no previous interest in until they gave his title to a woman. Praising it and loving it without any real reason other than because it "diversifies" what shouldn't be diversified.

But that's my opinion. I feel you may want better......

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GoodBoy6

@tantani said:

@goodboy6: @asgaard: @thunderingthorfan: @cgoodness: is it that bad? How come it got 5 stars in marvel website by the readers??

yes and not because she is a woman.

1.they destroyed our real Thor just to make female Thor,like cutting of his arm and making him unworthy

2.Thor is now a title not a name

3.Mjolnir for some reason cannot be picked up by Odin himself,a God who made that enchantment

4.story is more based on her fight with cancer and being Thor,not about Asgard or Gods

5.she basically uses Mjolnir better than our Thor,like flying faster to MESS up Frost Giants while our Thor noted that Mjolnir never did that when he was worthy

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tantani said:

Issue 1 from today was pretty good and well set up. The story is definitely moving into a bigger direction too with a potential war of realms coming.

Quite frankly I would be very careful when asking for advice and evaluating it when it comes to this comic. The opinions tend to be highly subjective, emotional and agenda-driven. There is often nothing objective about them. It's kinda like asking Ku-Klux Klan members what they think of black people. Do you really expect to get a good and mostly unbiased opinion there?

If you are one of the many people who don't have strong feelings and just want a good comic to read then you will really have to check it out for yourself and see if you like it. A lot of people do after all and in the end that is the only thing that matters. Like I said they story is starting strong and the art from Russell Dauterman is just a thing of beauty.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

@goodboy6: @asgaard: @thunderingthorfan: @cgoodness: is it that bad? How come it got 5 stars in marvel website by the readers??

Dude Marvel.com? Even the reviewers are trying to force us to like it and not be negative about it, with references that have nothing to do with the comic plots!

No Caption Provided

The Pr got main stream attention and backlash enough to make the SJW buy the comic religiously with several websites connected to the movement claiming that the sales prove that she was/is more popular than Thor, even if JMS run sales were very superior without Pr and the "who is she plot" that always holds readers, and people also forget that some Thor fans buy it because original Thor still was portrayed (very badly) in that comic, anyway this is the worse writing since the 90's, Aaron's execution is so forced that even the Hammer is now a character to guide Thordis, i could mentioned several other problems like no previous seeds for the current events in TgoT, that also prove that the current plots are not story rooted, but the main problem is that is not a Thor comic doesn't feel Godly like the Gorr Arcs, the Asgardians behave like humans/mortals and in Odin's case (because he is male) he behaves like a pathetic child forcing the antagonism, Jane's mortal disease just doesn't fit and never should be mixed with the magic of the Gods, but even worse fit is the SJW/Feminist stuff that was demonstrated when Titania quit on crime because Thordis is female, imagine this in a comic that was supposed to be about Gods that when well written have different and "superior" beliefs systems, because that is part from what makes them Gods! In some aspects i like Sif more than Thor and all the main execution problems would remain if Thordis was not Jane but agent Coulson, but apparently Sjw want this as a permanent change and now go to the point of conditioning opinion, is up to you decide if this comic is story rooted or a pr that touch the ideologies of some but has nothing to do with Thor's canon/core!

@galerion said:

tantani said:

Issue 1 from today was pretty good and well set up. The story is definitely moving into a bigger direction too with a potential war of realms coming.

Quite frankly I would be very careful when asking for advice and evaluating it when it comes to this comic. The opinions tend to be highly subjective, emotional and agenda-driven. There is often nothing objective about them. It's kinda like asking Ku-Klux Klan members what they think of black people. Do you really expect to get a good and mostly unbiased opinion there?

If you are one of the many people who don't have strong feelings and just want a good comic to read then you will really have to check it out for yourself and see if you like it. A lot of people do after all and in the end that is the only thing that matters. Like I said they story is starting strong and the art from Russell Dauterman is just a thing of beauty.

Your reaction also was too disproportional to look unbiased plus there are the threads where you posted lately, and what agenda are you talking about Marvel editorial?

No Caption Provided

After so many runs there are certain elements that you expect in a Thor comic that is supposed to be a Journey Into Mystery, i think we all agree that the core of a Thor comic is not the same of a Daredevil comic so can you give some credit to Thor /Asgardian readers and their opinion? I don't have to prove to you or anyone anything to be allowed to have my own opinion specially on Thor/Asgard... It's a terrible Thor comic...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

Also it seems as if Rich Johnston cherry picked one of my older posts in an article about the meta reference of the online disdain for Female Thor in The Mighty Thor #1. It's more than just that who dislike She Thor BC you know.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: did you seriously just compare the fans here who don't like the direction of this book to the KKK? What is wrong with you? Just because some people of here don't like Jane/thor doesn't mean they hate women or are acting out in violence against them.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@galerion: did you seriously just compare the fans here who don't like the direction of this book to the KKK? What is wrong with you? Just because some people of here don't like Jane/thor doesn't mean they hate women or are acting out in violence against them.

I kind of got the same impression, that a not too subtle comparison between Thordis dissenters and the KKK was being made, which is wholly inappropriate.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: @antithetical: Hmmmm.......I just wonder where the moderator who threatened me for being "toxic" is?? All I did was insult a fictitious character.......double standard now CLEARLY evident!

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it really good and I've been reading Thor since JMS restart and read some older stories as well.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know if you should buy it. Odin's portrayal upsets my stomach it makes zero sense. If you like a more down to earth book that portrays god like humans and makes them "easier to relate to" then you might like it. But it isnt a story about gods or Asgard.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By roronuffy

I don't know if it's as bad as everyone is saying but it's not certainly not great. I find Jane Foster annoying and her whole story doesn't make sense. She has cancer that can be cured by the Asgardians but refuses their treatments. For some stupid reason turning into Thor causes her cancer treatments to not work while at the same time making her cancer worse, though she is fine as long as she stays in Thor form. Of course she can't stay in Thor form because for some reason she decides she can't be a doctor as Thor. I don't mind the idea of Thor being unworthy and losing his arm, but Jane Foster is just annoying and her character makes no sense.

I'm not even going to go into Odin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tantani: Yes, it's actually pretty good. Don't let the bitter fans on this board sway you.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: What do you think is good about the book?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I find it really good and I've been reading Thor since JMS restart and read some older stories as well.

As have I been reading Thor comics and been a Thor fan since the JMS run and I can't stand it. Along with those on here who have been Thor fans longer than we have.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: sorry but it looks like you should just suck it up and hand over the $4.00 and see if it's for you or not.

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its pretty bad dude. dont trust reviews to say its good, because its PC propaganda.

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: thats not an opinion. what you said sir is fact. but like all truth givers, the wary and foolish don't want to listen.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The only good thing I'm willing to say about the new book is that the real Thor isn't in it.

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: seriously. wth. this is what the pc people think of us. voicing an opinion is evil

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roronuffy: i dont think we can expect good writing from marvel at this point.

vicariousfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vicariousfan

@cgoodness said:

No, its SJW propaganda

..... then i guess all of Marvel is SJW propaganda.... i mean this is the company that had the first black Super hero, the first gay super hero, and had Ms Marvel head of a feminist magazine. I mean you are really just noticing now that Marvel is a SJW? Have you ever read a marvel comic before?

@goodboy6 said:
    @tantani said:

yes and not because she is a woman.

1.they destroyed our real Thor just to make female Thor,like cutting of his arm and making him unworthy

3.Mjolnir for some reason cannot be picked up by Odin himself,a God who made that enchantment

4.story is more based on her fight with cancer and being Thor,not about Asgard or Gods

5.she basically uses Mjolnir better than our Thor,like flying faster to MESS up Frost Giants while our Thor noted that Mjolnir never did that when he was worthy

1. No not really and Thor has become unworthy before

2. Nope its always been a title. See Eric Mastersons, Dargo Katar, and Red Norvel

3. Because... wait for it... he isn't worthy

4. ok.... and what's your point?

5. and your point?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kiba

@vicariousfan: no, before Marvel was respectable organization that stood for actual equality. This isn't that. This is using "diversity" as a tool to make money and an excuse to justify controversial decisions that could blow up in their faces.

1. Thor being unworthy in older stories is an irrelevant argument. People grew up reading about Thor Odinson and it's not wrong or misogynistic for them to be upset he's been destroyed and ignored.

2. No it wasn't a title. Just because Eric had the hammer or others used his name Thor Odinson never lost the right to his own name. That's like saying who ever holds your car keys gets to have your name. That's ridiculous.

3. Eh you're probably right about that but I Think Aaron is changing the hammer to fit his story.

4. The point is people were reading this book for the gods and the ten realms etc. Now that's not what the book is about. Can you really not see how that would upset fans when the whole point was lost?

5. because no one likes a Mary sue? Jane picked up the hammer and uses it better then the person, the god of thunder no less, who carried it for centuries because of the magic of diversity? Sure. Makes all sorts of sense. I forgot gender and race were all the job qualifications anyone would ever need forget experience or education.

Is there any change you would not automatically support if the diversity excuse was used? Say Batman and Robin being homosexual.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Asgaard

@vicariousfan:

You are finally back to Thor Forums after After 8 months, 28 days and the thread Did Aaron Insult Thor Fans? But why this timing and interest only in this theme?

@goodboy6 said:

1. No not really and Thor has become unworthy before

Not with incredibly forced plot devices with no seeds anywhere aka Whispers!

2. Nope its always been a title. See Eric Mastersons, Dargo Katar, and Red Norvel

That stories were so bad that have no legacy, but nice to see you set that standards for Aaron, and guess what only Thor remains the son of Odin and Gaea without Mjolnir, better only Thor remains the God of Thunder without Mjolnir, yes he can control weather without the hammer and he always will be Thor and Aaron wrote that in TgoT, he just destroyed that too when he made Thor quit on his own name! Only a poor/trivial writer can write an Asgardian/God quit on his own name/identity!

3. Because... wait for it... he isn't worthy

Seems bad writing to fit the Pr since not long ago (2011) Odin still had total control of Mjolnir like he always did! And like the whisper no seeds or events anywhere for Odin unworthy!

No Caption Provided

4. ok.... and what's your point?

The point is that there is a difference between a Thor story and a Ms. Marvel story, Thor is about a Journey Into Mystery that is made/acknowledged in the Gods perspective, that have different beliefs systems (when well written), that is why Thor stories are about the God Butcher/Eater/Slayer... Gorr/Atum/Desak... Not this mundane/mortal stuff!

5.she basically uses Mjolnir better than our Thor,like flying faster to f... up Frost Giants while our Thor noted that Mjolnir never did that when he was worthy

5. and your point?

The point is that sentient/character Mjolnir is a just an anecdotal (love your word) plot device to the execution of the female version of Thor that couldn't explore the concept that Jane had to learn how to use Mjolnir because that wouldn't prove that she is as capable as the original male Thor, and that wouldn't please the pr stunt target demographic, but in the end only diminish Jane, because she is a host for what is just a weapon, see none of the past wielders needed this plot device and that makes them more worthy!

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a fan since before Simonson and I liked it. Not because of any agendas, but because it was a good Thor story. New Mjolnir tricks, new Black Uru arm, Jarnbjorn and Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder get me every time. It was dope.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GoodBoy6
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

When you use terms like "social justice warrior" as a pejorative it makes you seem like an intolerant bigot and opens you up to those kinds of negative comparisons. Sorry, but it's true.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: wow you're like three months late to this discussion and I don't care about your opinion on any topic of importance including but not limited to myself, race, equality or the direction of any of these stories. I find you to be nothing but a judgmental, ignorant, immature troll looking for whatever fight you can find and failing finding one you make up nonsense words to put in other people's mouths. I've seen you do that over at the Wonder Woman page and I didn't appreciate it then either. Do not address me again. We have nothing to say to each other.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@scorpio_cassadine: wow you're like three months late to this discussion and I don't care about your opinion on any topic of importance including but not limited to myself, race, equality or the direction of any of these stories. I find you to be nothing but a judgmental, ignorant, immature troll looking for whatever fight you can find and failing finding one you make up nonsense words to put in other people's mouths. I've seen you do that over at the Wonder Woman page and I didn't appreciate it then either. Do not address me again. We have nothing to say to each other.

Obviously you have a lot to say to me and all of it's untrue. I stand behind what ever I post, where ever I post it. If you disagree it's fine, but come up with an actual counterpoint. Don't dismiss what I say with lies. That shows you don't have an argument to refute me and if this is a "fight" it should be clear to anyone reading this, that it's a "fight" I won. Now, thank you, have a nice day! :)

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo...has the real Thor shown up in this newest Thor comic yet or not? And if not, when does Marvel plan on bringing back (to any comic, not necessarily his own. Avengers, whatever, I don't care)?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By antithetical

@mistersarcastic: Well, word is he appeared at the end of the latest Thordis issue.

mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.