"Thor: The Dark World" Discussion

• 78 results
#51 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by Wolverine08 (43639 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by HaveAtThee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: http://ifanboy.com/articles/c2e2-2013-aaron-garney-pit-thor-god-of-thunder-against-malekith-the-accursed/

That's a general preview of what's to come

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45173

There's an extended interview by Jason Aaron talking about "The Accursed." I'm interested in seeing if any of his work will share qualities with the live-action film.

#55 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this movie! I hope we get to see more Lady Sif this time!

#56 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

New trailer! Discuss!

#57 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I've discussed the Hela outta this on other forums, but basically im super excited!!

#58 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

i posted this in another foorum... see what u guys think...

With all the excitement brewing from the trailer, I believe there is also more questions being formed.

What are you skeptical about heading into the Thor film?

Hear are mine..

A) The drive behind the dark elves-

For me this is the most important aspect of the film. I'm really interested in the plot and I'm pretty excited about seeing how they pull it off, why they are so powerful, and if there is any deeper roots (revenge,competition) to their motives. I'm confident Marvel can pull it off.

B) Thor's power level/feats.

We've beat this horse to death the past couple of months. But I think all Thor fans are desperate to see a 'Simonson/Jason Aaron' level Thor. Thor is the most impressive hero that the MCU has to offer. Super strength? Check. Energy projection? Check. Durability? Check. How about seeing Thor really take it to the next level consistently? That's what I'm amped up to witness, Some super strength, energy projection and durability feats.

C) Human interaction with Asgard.

Asgard is supposed to be a celestial place. Not an "alien" or "extra-terrestrial" affair. We'll see how Jane reacts to Asgardians in person. We've seen a few shots, but not fully.

D) Just how powerful is Kurse? 'Nuff said.

#59 Edited by sagejonathan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

So who else thinks Surtur will be the villain for Thor 3?

#60 Edited by sentryman555 (786 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: I agree with all of this but the thing I'm most skeptical about is Jane herself. I felt like her character didn't really have any depth the last movie. She was just there to be the girl Thor gets with at the end. Really hope they expand her character more in this because right now she is the only character I'm not looking forward to seeing again in the new movie.

#61 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: those are really nice points. I also would like to know how big of a role kurse has in this film.

And what other comic forums are good? I'm trying to expand.

#62 Posted by BOdinson (224 posts) - - Show Bio

That last scene where he 1 shots that rock "champion" of theirs is sweet!!!

It's only the trailer though and I'm already not looking forward to the Jane part...I still think it's horrible, I would much rather have seen a growing relationship between Thor and Sif. This Jane angle sucks, I can't see the point in it.

#63 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Stefano (350 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the movie to depict Thor as a powerhouse, have him cut lose. Also it would be cool to have Thor fight someone as powerful as he is. Similar to Superman’s fight with Zod and Hulk’s fight with Abomination.

#65 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

I want the movie to depict Thor as a powerhouse, have him cut lose. Also it would be cool to have Thor fight someone as powerful as he is. Similar to Superman’s fight with Zod and Hulk’s fight with Abomination.

Kurse.

#66 Posted by HaveAtThee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt we're going to see Thor "cut loose" with his powers. Marvel Studios want to keep it simple. Punch, hammer, a lightning bolt here and there and that's it.

#67 Edited by THORSON (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam:

i've heard it wasn't so great.

#68 Posted by Stefano (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: yeah, i saw that Kurse is in the movie but i'm worried about the fight itself. Thor destroyed the Destroyer armor in seconds in the first movie; i want a more even match.

#69 Posted by Bezza (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

Yeah, so far they've really been holding Thor back, what for I don't know, maybe to let Hulk take centre stage in the Avengers movie. Now we have seen what can be done with mega powered characters using CGI in MOS, surely we need Thor to step up to the mark. So many DC fanboys really under-estimate Thor so its time he showed us what he's got!!

#70 Edited by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

so just how powerful do you guys think the dark elves will be in the movies? will they have a weakness to iron? i mean that sounds especially absurd with this version of the dark elves as they are supposed to be beings that existed before this universe and yet they are weak against iron????

#71 Posted by THORSON (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate waiting!!!!

#72 Posted by Thunderer333 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by FlashKnight (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am excited for this movie. Really hope we get to see Thor, Odin, Malekith, and Heimdall unleash all of their power!

#75 Edited by HaveAtThee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight with Malekith should be entertaining as hell. I'm interested if Kurse will have a major impact.

#76 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio
@sommyt said:

@thunderer333 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvZotJgfY7s

Quality is bad, but this is the Thor Shield TV spot. Thor and malekith have air battle! I'm excited!

i know that and the cars falling ..They are showing my boys powers finalllyyyyyy im soooo excited

whoollly smokes! that was awesome ! giddy giddy giddy!

#77 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio

Just seen the latest trailer. It looks nice.

#78 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is my favourite character, and if you guys follow thor vs threads you know i always defend him, so now people are saying man of steel beats up thor, i say, wait for thor 2 then we see

#79 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I never gave 2 craps about Thor until Thor: God of Thunder 13 came out and now I'm hooked. He's in my top heroes. I can't wait until I can afford to buy all of the God of Thunder issues.... or see this movie. I think this costume is much much better than the ones in the first Thor or the Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.