"Thor: The Dark World" Discussion

• 78 results
#1 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

With the first teaser poster revealed, and a trailer on the way, I think it might be wise and effecient to make an official thread. To prevent the need of numerous threads once more information begins to surface. So if there are any new posters, footage, trailers, interviews, or any other juicy information regarding The Dark World, put it here so we can all FEAST on it. lol

Tom Hiddleston on "Thor: The Dark World"

With a new director can fans expect a slight change in tone?

"[Pause....] Yes, what can I say...I just want to reassure you that it's going to be great. It's darker in every respect I suppose in tone and Alan Taylor's vision was tremendous. It's really hard to say, I wish I could tell you but I kind of want to hold it back so that it's new when you see it. I know that it will be exciting but I'm not going to say too much."

Link

#2 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

There's one picture in particular that has me VERY psyched about this movie. The one below. Just look at it! It looks almost like 300 or Game of Thrones (favorite show on television). It has that dark, dirty, gritty feel to it. Since its directed by game of thrones directer Alan Taylor, it just might be very similar to the amazing tv show in terms of tone and quality. I'm telling you guys, this movie looks to be a MAJOR sleeper.

#3 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it has tons of potential. Malekith and Kurse are both great villains for Thor. I'm interested to see how many real world locations Taylor uses to depict the various planets of the Nine Realms. Sounds like fun.

#4 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Sifffff ♥

#5 Posted by THORSON (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

its going to be the superhero movie of the year.

#6 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

Maybe. Who knows.

#7 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

New still

#8 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@thorson said:

#9 Posted by Neroadam (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Though he's really new, I really hope Gorr the Godbutcher can be used in the final movie as the main villian.

#10 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@neroadam said:

Though he's really new, I really hope Gorr the Godbutcher can be used in the final movie as the main villian.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I first read his appearances in the comics. Already seems like one of the best if not the best thor villain.

#11 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@neroadam said:

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I first read his appearances in the comics. Already seems like one of the best if not the best thor villain.

They have Demogorge and Desak the God Slayer before him >.>

#12 Edited by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

I need that poster asap!

#13 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems pretty neat. That isn't sarcasm mind you.

I'm curious to see what Odin might do in all this chaos being the most powerful being in the Marvel Cinematic Universe according to Loki thus far

#14 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Predictions CONFIRMED! Looks to have that gritty game of thrones feel to it. First of all, it looks beautiful. Second off, you can see the family issues and drama that they have. Sooooo goood. considering game of thrones is arguably the best fantasy tv show ever made, it is really great that they have its director directing this. Due to his work on the show, Alan taylor fits this world like a glove. SOOOOOO excited for this movie.

#15 Edited by THORSON (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:
@thorson said:

if this movie flops, then superman will get doomed. and i don't mean doomsday!!

#16 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: If Man of Steel sucks, then I'm jumping off a bridge.

#17 Posted by THORSON (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@thorson: If Man of Steel sucks, then I'm jumping off a bridge.

PREPARE YOURSELF.

#18 Edited by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

Both man of steel and thor 2 will be epic

#19 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel will do better in the box office than Thor will I'm willing to bet, but Thor looked absolutely amazing to me XD Thor looks....-faints-

#20 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn said:

Man of Steel will do better in the box office than Thor will I'm willing to bet, but Thor looked absolutely amazing to me XD Thor looks....-faints-

LOL!! This post is HILARIOUS!

#21 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

New still released.

#22 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably alone in this, but I kindof hope Jane Foster dies. While I liked the last Thor movie, I personally found the scenes that took place on Asgard far more interesting then the ones that took place on Earth. That's part of why I'm psyched for the sequel, as it looks like less Earth time and more Asgard time. I think they should sever the main reason for him to come to Earth (Jane) so that future Thor movies will be all Asgard all the time. Plus Sif >>>> Jane.

He should of course continue to return for Avengers though.

Lastly, Thor 3 should be Surtur.

#23 Posted by RaynorJ (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonchilde:

I am with you on this, i think Thor needs some badass Asgardian female warrior with him, not random ol' Jane from Earth..

#24 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Website has launched! Link

#26 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks way better than Iron Man 3. Can't wait.

#27 Posted by Farkam (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1st Thor movie was mediocre, hopefully this will be better.

#28 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam:

I agree. The 1st film had too many boring Earth scenes. Of course, this film seems like it'll take place mostly in the Nine Realms.

#29 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the first film was a solid set-up as to how Thor became a "worthy" character, so to speak. The romance with Jane Foster was rather weak, so hopefully things improve in that front. I'm excited to see how Malekith is portrayed. That scan that shows Thor giving him a hammer shot which he blocks is impressive, so obviously Malekith must have incredible strength.

#30 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

I need that poster asap!

Just got it, looks great on my wall :p

#31 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

so are the dark elves supposed to like "magic space aliens" rather than actual elves? and why dont they really look like dark elves?

#32 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

They have the pointy ears and the long snout. I think the design is fairly solid.

#33 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@awesam said:
@thorson said:

if this movie flops, then superman will get doomed. and i don't mean doomsday!!

Looks like you might've been right. Lol, but I don't think he's doomed for good.

#34 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

This gif has me somewhat excited. Looks like he just got done flying. I want to see him fly alot this time around dammit! Lol

#36 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care about Thor, or have any excitement to see this movie.

#37 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Lol so you came into this thread to post that you DON'T want to see the movie. Lol why not just ignore it? That's the definition of trolling.

#38 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Not really. I was just stating my opinion. But seriously. His trailer did not compelled me to see his movie in any way. Better step it up Thunder God.

#39 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

but does anyone know why is malekieth's face half black and half white?

#40 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

but does anyone know why is malekieth's face half black and half white?

I think a better question is why is Sandman even posting in this thread?

#41 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for this movie!!

#42 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looking forward to this movie. Loving Thor's hair.

Excited to see the return of Loki and how the brothers interact, although I hope the film doesn't become overly Loki-centric (as much as I love the guy). I'd love to see in-depth character development and awesome feats from Thor.

#43 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Lol so you came into this thread to post that you DON'T want to see the movie. Lol why not just ignore it? That's the definition of trolling.

lol yes

#44 Posted by King_Thor (96 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna be so bad!!

#45 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Had some free time so I decided to capture some epic pictures from the trailer. Hope you all like them. Some were kind of a struggle to get. =)

* Are those faces on that cliff?

(AWESOME! =D)

(Reminds me so much of like a 300 scene, or LoTR scene.Thor 2 looks much more EPIC)

Can't wait to see it!

#46 Edited by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also excited. What I love even more is that Jason Aaron is going to follow up this epic "God Butcher" arc with one featuring Malekith escaping a prison and wreaking havoc across the Nine Realms. Also Thor will enlist the aid of Sif and the Warrior's Three in the upcoming arc. Sounds like loads of fun, especially the way Aaron describes it in one of his recent interviews.

#47 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also excited. What I love even more is that Jason Aaron is going to follow up this epic "God Butcher" arc with one featuring Malekith escaping a prison and wreaking havoc across the Nine Realms. Also Thor will enlist the aid of Sif and the Warrior's Three in the upcoming arc. Sounds like loads of fun, especially the way Aaron describes it in one of his recent interviews.

REALLY? Can I get a link?

#48 Posted by Wolverine08 (38661 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: The Dark World will be awesome!

#49 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: The Dark World will be awesome!

You wouldn't happen to be on CBM would you?

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (38661 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.