Thor strength without Mjolnir?

  • 141 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin: Stop being a troll, We showed you a godblast.

godblast isnt hand to hand combat or a show of strength

I think you misunderstand me...... I love thor my fave hero hands down, i like how he used to be written.. i do not want thor to be a brute totally dependent on strength.... ..some of the stuff thor does with mjlonir is epic ... and i like this but..... he is the strongest of the norse gods, ocasionally it would good to see him not have to always use the hammer ..... in that scan when he nearly beat rulk or hulk to death (his account) he states "sometime i forget to use my strength and rely n my hammer when a good right hand would have sufficed"

ok the first confrontation with rulk.... once rulk took the hammer away from thor.... he was helpless and was bashed around maybe 8 consecutive blows he seemed lost without his hammer... he could do nothing....where was his strength this is what i hate to see, i dont care if he loses i just dont like when hes written badly and made to look weak....

i dont thor to win everytime or use strength always, I just dont want him written like he has no strength or fighting skill

#102 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: The lack of punctuation made that pretty difficult to read actually. I think you should know by now not to take everything literally or as a personal offense bro. ;)

You asked for a punch scene. Herc lost that fight. He was on his back stammering from the lightning.

He broke the grip of Rulk who was trying to hold him down which was the strength feat I posted.

...that was Fafnir my friend.

#103 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

@cmartin: The lack of punctuation made that pretty difficult to read actually. I think you should know by now not to take everything literally or as a personal offense bro. ;)

You asked for a punch scene. Herc lost that fight. He was on his back stammering from the lightning.

He broke the grip of Rulk who was trying to hold him down which was the strength feat I posted.

...that was Fafnir my friend.

I respect all posters, if i disagree with their stance on a topic i will debate the topic I never make personal attacks first.

In regards to the herc fight, thor lost the hand to hand combat and cheated and used lightening. To add injury to insult they had thor admit he couldnt beat hercules hand to hand.

The rulk fight Im talking about is their first encounter when they had rulk take his hammer and beat him with it.

(my mistake i meant to say fafnir)

The scans with thor and loki and fafnir , great.... but too rare, we need to see moe of thors fighting prowess and strength , this is all I'm saying

#104 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, you're just a nice guy then. I can respect that.

He cheated? Want to show me the scan that explicitly prohibits Thor from using his powers? They just went at it in hand to hand, doesn't mean Thor was restricted to it. That wasn't Thor said either. He said Herc was slightly his better in hand to hand. Which means nothing really.

Well we should probably talk about the Rulk encounter I actually posted about then right?

Well you're talking about a guy who has one of the most powerful weapons in the hands of a hero in the Marvel Universe at his disposal. Why would he use hand to hand really?

#105 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

That rulk was a good showing.. but methinks that was just commiserations for the first RULK battle where he allowed to wield mjolnir, the backlash the writer recieved from the fans... rulk allowed to pick up thors hammer because of gravity when its enchntment that allows thor and a select few to lift it, how did that story even get past the editer to press, its when writers do things like this , it makes me bitter as a true thor fan.

#106 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: Your not a true Thor fan. Sorry, You complain way to much about him and how "weak" he is..

#107 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin: Your not a true Thor fan. Sorry, You complain way to much about him and how "weak" he is..

weak in comparison to what he was i offer my opinion because im concerned....

your probably a new reader... you have to understand im a collecter i have original thor comics going back to the 70's and ive read all the way up till now...

so i have a wider scope probably on what the character used to be..... because ive seen better...

whats the oldest ORIginal thor comic you have.....?

anyway think what you will.. there are many readers who make threads about this..... because they know what thor was.... wanting him back at that level or close doesnt make anyone less of a fan...

kind regards

#108 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin: Your not a true Thor fan. Sorry, You complain way to much about him and how "weak" he is..

weak in comparison to what he was i offer my opinion because im concerned....

"What he was" So is nearly every character from the past..


your probably a new reader... you have to understand im a collecter i have original thor comics going back to the 70's and ive read all the way up till now...

I have every Thor comic in digital on my laptop and I will bet money i know more about Thor than you, Don't play that one. Your obviously a guy who has read nearly nothing but fakes he has.

so i have a wider scope probably on what the character used to be..... because ive seen better...

...This is too dumb for words.

whats the oldest ORIginal thor comic you have.....?

The first issue from journey into mystery.

anyway think what you will.. there are many readers who make threads about this..... because they know what thor was.... wanting him back at that level or close doesnt make anyone less of a fan...

I agree, but your CONSTANT moaning is getting annoying.

#109 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I find i lot of what you come out with camp and nonsensical.... however people are entitled to their opinion and ... that little thing freedom of speech... no matter what you do or say i will never stop stating my point ever ..... please try to understand that.... I leave you to say what you say..... I never personally attack you ....

you cant seem to just ignore my posts....

well I wont stop making them.... its a thor board my opinion is about thor I will express my opinion=, since I'm the bigger man Ill just ignore your personal attacks... and just not respond...

#110 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough to destroy planet with a single punch.

#111 Posted by TrueMarvel (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Thors Life-Force(God-Force) is greater than that of the hammers. The hammer was created to greatly boost the power of a normal asgardian. But Thor's mother is the titan of mother earth Gaia, His God force is greater than that of a normal asgardian, thus the hammer only gives him a little extra power. Thor actually has a greater God-Force than Odin(by alot). That is why when Thor became King, His Odin Force(Thor Force) was vastly more powerful than Odins.

Thor said " I relys on the hammer more the I needs to"

#112 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000 said:

Enough to destroy planet with a single punch.

No lol

#113 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pyrogram: Yes, he can. He has lifted the ygrassdil tree, which weighed at the least 6 sextillion tons, and he has destroyed planetioids and planets. Beta ray bill destroyed a planet, who is a weaker version of Thor.
#114 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000: Beta is stronger than Thor ¬_¬ He beats him constantly.

Thor cannot "break a planet with a punch" He had to go warrior madness mode and go crazy with his hammer to break a planet smaller than earth... Your hyperbole is not amusing.

#115 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: I don't think Bill is stronger than Thor, I say they're equals, at least.

But whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

#116 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Well he has beaten Thor twice... Once without a weapon, once with a weapon ( In Thors "Glory" Days ) ...And a Thor planet busting attack in Warrior Madness just KO'd him..

#117 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: By that logic, Hulk is 9001 times more powerful than Thor.

IIRC Bill never fought someone powerful as Glory or Galactus; Nor used a attack powerful as Godblast or the winds of a 1000 worlds.

#118 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: What other logic exists? Thor has never won a proper fight with him...What other debate exists?

#119 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: What other logic exists? Thor has never won a proper fight with him...What other debate exists?

You tell me..

Thanos getting roflstomped by a mutant is right?

That's all I need to know.

#120 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: How can you argue BRB is not stronger when he beats him consistently?

#121 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: How can you argue BRB is not stronger when he beats him consistently?

Same can be said by Thor getting stomped by Hulk, Thanos getting stomped by Squirrel Girl, Protege getting stomped by a guy (a lot) weaker than LT...

But let's agree to disagree at least...

#122 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: You clearly do not get it. Thor has beat Hulk before. BRB has never been beaten by Thor when fighting back..He has shown to be able to replicate his feats exactly when the time arises.

#123 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: You clearly do not get it. Thor has beat Hulk before. BRB has never been beaten by Thor when fighting back..He has shown to be able to replicate his feats exactly when the time arises.

And Hulk is a giant green guy with anger problems..that's it, Thor is someone that (is supposed to) fight against character's like Silver Surfer, Gorr and Galactus; by feats, Hulk shouldn't be able to beat Thor.

That's why I'm saying they're equals...Bill needs fights someone stronger as Glory(Just a exemple) first, then I'll consider him stronger than Thor.

#124 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Logic thrown out of the window then.....

#125 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Logic thrown out of the window then.....

I guess so, I can't change your way of thinking.

#126 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Beta does not beat Thor consistently, Beta god his a** kicked by silver surfer, who thor beats consistently. The only time Beta beat Thor was when, Odin GAVE bill his mjolnir, and put the fight completely in Beta Ray Bill's favour. Plus the fight was in a desert, where beta ray bill is quite powerful, but still Thor held his own. In a fair fight Thor could beat Beta ray Bill quit easily, due to he has more experiance with mjolnir, and a better fighter.

#127 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000: said:

@Pyrogram: Beta does not beat Thor consistently, Beta god his a** kicked by silver surfer, who thor beats consistently.

Thor has never beaten SS without PIS or Warrior madness.

The only time Beta beat Thor was when, Odin GAVE bill his mjolnir, and put the fight completely in Beta Ray Bill's favour.

You clearly have never read that comic then >.> He gave him the hammer because he beat Thor the first time then the second time round..

Plus the fight was in a desert, where beta ray bill is quite powerful, but still Thor held his own.

What is this garbage? Since when is Thor weaker in the desert...

In a fair fight Thor could beat Beta ray Bill quit easily, due to he has more experience with mjolnir, and a better fighter.

The second fight they had was one of the fairest in marvel as it was down to worthiness, and BRB won.

The first fight was unfair as Thor had the hammer , ohh and BRB won that as well.

#128 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Thor is not weak in the desert, but beta is stronger. Thor beat Silver surfer fair and square, accept it. Thor is far better at energy manipulation. Silver Surfer practically one shotted Beta ray bill. Thor fights silver surfer on equal standings. The fight was completely in favour of Beta Ray Bill.

#129 Posted by Postacrat (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

still waiting for scans thors strength withough mjolnir in the last decade....

of him beating someone in a slugfest (fists)....

even scans of him even puncing someone....

thor had to use lightening to beat wolverine....

marvel makes me sick

You will never see any, because they are none to show. Thor has done nothing over the past 7 years that puts him in league with Hulk or Sentry. You will see a couple midgard serpent posts and a few magical strength feats and 9 worlds that can't be quantified from over a decade ago, but you won't see anything current. I don't know why people keep saying he is Marvel's Superman, Superman needs nor does he use weapons to aid him for anything but currently Mljnor constantly saves Thors Arse...he needs it to win any battle for anybody who is not a street leveler.

#130 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

@cmartin said:

still waiting for scans thors strength withough mjolnir in the last decade....

of him beating someone in a slugfest (fists)....

even scans of him even puncing someone....

thor had to use lightening to beat wolverine....

marvel makes me sick

You will never see any, because they are none to show. Thor has done nothing over the past 7 years that puts him in league with Hulk or Sentry. You will see a couple midgard serpent posts and a few magical strength feats and 9 worlds that can't be quantified from over a decade ago, but you won't see anything current. I don't know why people keep saying he is Marvel's Superman, Superman needs nor does he use weapons to aid him for anything but currently Mljnor constantly saves Thors Arse...he needs it to win any battle for anybody who is not a street leveler.

when i say this im accused of not being a thor fan.. but its true.....

#131 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: if we start looking at Thors strenght feats vs the hulks Thor is far greater in strenght ...The midgard serpent wrapped around earth multiple time and could crush it Thor ovrpowers it breaks its grip and lifts it ....

The Odinsword Thor lifts a sword so large the weight could not be calculated by odin ..the god of wisdom ...then he hurls it thru a celestial ..go read on celestial armor and how durable it is...he has crumbled uru to dust with his hand the asgardian equivalent of adamantium ...

he pushed the world tree against its will the world tree holds the 9 realms earth is like a fruit on 1 of its branches ...

and the the stated

Book of Infinite Knowledge, a book that weighs the same as all life ever,

ALL THESE FEATS hulk cannot compare his strength feats to this ...the best the hulk has done is brace a 150billion ton mountain with help from jean grey and he stated he could not hold any longer ...

and held sakaar together all these pale in comparison to Thors feats .....do not mistake Thor holding back and not wanting to kill banner as a sign of him lesser than the hulk in strength

and mjolnir does not have to do with his strenght

#132 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: i know bro This is the Thor i used to know

if we start looking at Thors strenght feats vs the hulks Thor is far greater in strenght ...The midgard serpent wrapped around earth multiple time and could crush it Thor ovrpowers it breaks its grip and lifts it ....

The Odinsword Thor lifts a sword so large the weight could not be calculated by odin ..the god of wisdom ...then he hurls it thru a celestial ..go read on celestial armor and how durable it is...he has crumbled uru to dust with his hand the asgardian equivalent of adamantium ...

he pushed the world tree against its will the world tree holds the 9 realms earth is like a fruit on 1 of its branches ...

and the the stated

Book of Infinite Knowledge, a book that weighs the same as all life ever,

ALL THESE FEATS hulk cannot compare his strength feats to this ...the best the hulk has done is brace a 150billion ton mountain with help from jean grey and he stated he could not hold any longer ...

and held sakaar together all these pale in comparison to Thors feats .....do not mistake Thor holding back and not wanting to kill banner as a sign of him lesser than the hulk in strength

now i dont know if he can pick up a car :(

#133 Posted by CapFanboy (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

....Well this has been interesting.

#134 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength wise..Thor is basically the Superman of Marvel. Hammer or not.

#135 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Well he has beaten Thor twice... Once without a weapon, once with a weapon ( In Thors "Glory" Days ) ...And a Thor planet busting attack in Warrior Madness just KO'd him..

I know this is old but eh? Thor has a winning record (winning defined as knocking the other character unconscious) against Beta Ray Bill. The two times Beta is considered to have had the advantage over Thor is when Odin wanted to teach Thor a lesson in humility and so rigged a fight between the two so Beta would have an unfair advantage and when the Thor to Blake 60 second enchantment was in place. Thor didn't have Warriors Madness when he fought Beta Ray Bill nor did he have it when he beat Silver Surfer 0_______0

The guy who created Beta wasn't talking about power levels when he made him a peer and equal of Thor. Handbooks, writers generally recognize Beta Ray Bill as being a bit less impressive overall than Thor.

Moderator
#136 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@pyrogram said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Well he has beaten Thor twice... Once without a weapon, once with a weapon ( In Thors "Glory" Days ) ...And a Thor planet busting attack in Warrior Madness just KO'd him..

I know this is old but eh? Thor has a winning record (winning defined as knocking the other character unconscious) against Beta Ray Bill. The two times Beta is considered to have had the advantage over Thor is when Odin wanted to teach Thor a lesson in humility and so rigged a fight between the two so Beta would have an unfair advantage and when the Thor to Blake 60 second enchantment was in place. Thor didn't have Warriors Madness when he fought Beta Ray Bill nor did he have it when he beat Silver Surfer 0_______0

The guy who created Beta wasn't talking about power levels when he made him a peer and equal of Thor. Handbooks, writers generally recognize Beta Ray Bill as being a bit less impressive overall than Thor.

Wait, I always thought even while reading when Thor/BRB had that fight when he broke the "planet" he had warrior madness? :O

I always see BRB as stronger really...I don't know why. *Shrugs* Less weak feats maybe...if he had more comic showings, he would probably be above Thor. Whatever, they are virtually the same either-way. BRB did beat Thor the first time, without a weapon - The second rigged fight was done. I barely remember...Not read Thor in like 2 months or even looked at one of his comics lol. @theacidskull I'll go find and read Thunder Nine >___> :P

#137 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

I always see BRB as stronger really...I don't know why. *Shrugs* Less weak feats maybe...if he had more comic showings, he would probably be above Thor. Whatever, they are virtually the same either-way. BRB did beat Thor the first time, without a weapon - The second rigged fight was done. I barely remember...Not read Thor in like 2 months or even looked at one of his comics lol. @theacidskull I'll go find and read Thunder Nine >___> :P

Lots of posters at CV have thought that for some strange reason. I am not sure whether its some funky psychological conformity thing going on, whether lots of posters only read scans of that issue and pass on faulty information or whether its just some CV Battles myth that keeps being perpetuated but no, that was just Thor at his normal power set but psychologically on edge. The in story characters were confused and presented the idea that he had warriors madness but by the end of the story that knew it was something else altogether

Oh hey thats cool, personally I like to know why I think things and have reasons and stuff like that, it lends credibility to assertions like if Beta Ray Bill had more comic showings he would probably look even weaker than he does now, because he was introduced after Thor like Wonder Man, and Hercules and Gilgamesh and Gladiator so its not limited comic time that prevents them from being treated like Thor but the fact that aren't as popular and integral and historically as valuable and weaved into Marvels foundations as Thor so overtime their patterns will level out from being initially impressive to hook in new fans to much more moderate as they balance out where as Thor will be used and have a wider range of showings.

Yeah Beta Ray Bill did beat Thor the first time without a weapon, if one counts Donald Blake as Thor since Thor turned into Donald Blake mid fight and it was Donald Blake that Beta Ray Bill knocked out unconscious. Probably important to mention that additional context much like Beta Ray Bill not lacking a weapon and Thor fighting most of that battle without his weapon either. I could beat Donald Blake pretty easy too, I guess I can beat Thor now as well =p

Lots of people barely remember Thor and Beta Ray Bill's second fight, its probably what has lead to people not remembering that Odin wanted Beta Ray Bill to win or that he chose an environment designed to favor Beta Ray Bill and hence decades later the idea Beta Ray Bill "being more powerful" perpetuates. Fictional character and all but the argument Beta Ray Bill is more powerful can't be credibly established using the characters actual histories interacting. Would have to be more creatively inspired an so on.

Oh you haven't read nine yet? You will enjoy it I think, have fun reading it! ^_^

Moderator
#138 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

See....I wonder if you could or I could beat Blake...being inside of Thor's head when they fight, He must have a type of muscle memory or SOMETHING inside of his head these-days....visualization is one of the most effective forms of training, and Blake must do a LOT of that haha, So I wonder how much skill he really has...hmm..Well, Visualization to a point is Bro-Science in certain terms. LOL. Some studied which I saw once talked about they got people new to basketball to practice, 50% went only imagining they were playing + 10% actually playing. And the other 50% done 90% practice, 10% imagining they were practicing....And the 10% won somehow. Went against all forms of muscle memory ( Which is a myth - Muscles don't have memory! ) but hey...Bro-Science ftw XD

I will! I will! Acidz been telling me for some-time now!

#139 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8690 posts) - - Show Bio

@capfanboy: what comic was that wer thor is showing some strengths like that

#140 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (971 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's strength is not dependent on Mjolnir. Supposedly, there is enough destructive power in Mjolnir to destroy a galaxy. Having said that, I think Thor is roughly on par with the likes of Herc, Hulk, Gladiator, etc.

#141 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, in the second fight with BRB in that first story arc, Thor and BRB ko'ed each other at the same time. Bill was only deemed winner because he woke up first due to his systems being powered by the heat of the realm they were in. In actuality, it was a tie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.