Thor strenght level

• 80 results
#51 Posted by deathlife (493 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the 100 tons measurement range is ok. DC don't have a strength range basically to avoid controversy.

Personally, i prefer characters that have some form of definition regarding their strength level (it generally makes for less WIS).

The hand books say that Thor can lift over 100 tons, meaning that he could lift any between 100 tons and anything the writers want to add.

However, we have seen Thor lift and move things that weigh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy above 100 tons (Midgard Serpent, Fafnir, Asgard with BRB e.t.c).

The hand books simply say that Thor's strength level is incalculable and that's very alright.

#52 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" according to stan lee and a recent official marvel statemeant he is stronger than the hulk but he lifted the world serpeant which sould be which should be over a 14 digit figure without warriors madness and as it is worded on some sites "Thor is capable of effortlessly lifting far in excess of 100tons" "
Yep!
#53 Edited by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
thor is well over a 100 ton guy, marvel just uses the "100 ton term" if the character is "class 100" in strength, meaning that they can at least lift 100 tons 

thor was able to lift the midgard serpent off of earth (the midgard serpent was an enormous serpent that wrapped itself around the earth, it weighs well over a measly 100 tons) 

i think thor was even able to lift the ygdrasil tree which is the tree that holds the nine marvel worlds together and it is well over the size of earth  

another way i'd like to explain thor's strength is through beta ray bill 
beta ray bill is roughly equal to thor 

and beta ray bill casually destroys planets, now since thor's more powerful than brb, imagine what he could do
#54 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
"@brantumbo: dont forget they used the hammers to amp there strength "

that isn't one of the Hammers powers so no they didn't. Nice try though.
#55 Posted by WarBlade539 (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Martian: Thor is way stronger than 100 tonnes. He has lifted weights far in excess of 1 million tonnes. He has overpowered beings like The Silver Surfer, Namor (it was raining!), Gladiator, Sentry, Hulk, Red Hulk and even overpowered cosmic entities and destroyed stars, moons, planets only with his fists. He put a hurt on Galactus more than once.

The Silver Surfer defeated cosmic entities, abstracts in battle and he was beaten by Thor in the past.

According to Marvel Database, "Despite the fact that he always restrains and holds back his vast strength against mortals, he has been capable of stalemating an enraged Hulk in strength (despite the fact that the Hulk was constantly increasing in strength every moment) for hours without tiring at all and while restraining himself as always, and knocking out the Hulk How much strength Thor truly holds back against mortals is made clear, as he was capable of knocking out Namor with a single blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated and it was raining), easily defeating Bi-Beast (whose strength is said to equal the Hulk's), easily overpower the Red Hulk (who killed the Abomination, overpowered the Hulk, punched and injuring Uatu, killed the Grandmaster and was able to absorb the Power Cosmic), nearly rendering the Juggernaut unconscious in under a minute after negating his mystical defenses, and defeated both The Thing and an enraged Hulk at once in unarmed combat using only his vast physical strength."

#56 Posted by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@LstPaladin: he can lift over 230 tons he lifted the midgard serpent that coiled around the earth while squeezing it thats in the tens of thousands of tons possibly millions of tons

#57 Posted by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackestShite: he went toe to toe with almost every incarnation of the hulk and killed sentry when he was possesed...

#58 Edited by thestarguy (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Thor is definitely able to lift far over 100 tons, but he's not as strong as Hercules or a very enraged Hulk.

He's still stronger than Sentry, Silver Surfer, Hyperion, Blue Marvel and Gladiator.

This +1

Of course, without the belt. With the belt he is arguably the strongest in comics.

#59 Posted by crom1981 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The 100+ class or in Powercrid 7 .Says that their Power(all in this class)At least 100t - unmesurable. This is Stated so by Marvel to give the Writers the oportunity to give these heroes the Strength they need in a Storyline.So the limit to those Guys depends on the Writers behold.

#60 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Thor said:

i think its 100 tons am i right?

Way way way way above that.

Don't know why marvel uses that, it's completely useless due to the fact that all of its powerhouses have shown consistent strength feats that put their strength several hundred, if not thousand, magnitudes higher.

#61 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is always holding back, he can lift well over a million tons, and that is not even close to his true strength. Plus he can destroy planets with his bare fists (which would suggest he could lift billions of tons)

#62 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786: yes he is

#63 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can now lift over 1 million tons

#64 Posted by Dreadpool10 (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can now lift over 1 million tons

With ease it is said.

#65 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

He's right up there with Hulk, Wonder Man, Blue Marvel, etc.

#66 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post a scan of Thor: GoT #9 where thor casually holds a planet together and stops it from being destroyed? That seems like it should be on here. I don't have the issue yet or else I would.

#67 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has been showed to at least been able to lift 6.580 sextillion tons (weight of the Midgard Serpent).

He also pushed the world engine (stated to be of incalculable weight)

If we consider that he can boost his strength with his belt and with warrior madness...

Thor is freaking strong

#68 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

thor can lift way over 100 tons, plus the belt he wears doubles his strength and he can go into warriors madness which gives him 10x his normal strength

#70 Edited by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

Thor has been showed to at least been able to lift 6.580 sextillion tons (weight of the Midgard Serpent).

He also pushed the world engine (stated to be of incalculable weight)

If we consider that he can boost his strength with his belt and with warrior madness...

Thor is freaking strong

Where is the weight of the midgard serpent and World engine stated?

That would help a lot,and thanks in advance whether you (or anyone else) answers or not.

Also,what are his feats from Thor:GOT in terms of strength?

#71 Edited by Thurdazz1313 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember Guys ,The 100 ton Thing ,started at the Beginning of Marvel, Even in some of Thor's earliest books Thor & the Hulk are shown exceeding that Benchmark, Because That's what it is a measuring stick, early Hyperion was listed at 90 ton, early Hulk started at 85 tons but enraged surpassed 100 ton, Later Because of the term "Ton" it was changed to "Class" & now we Have the category system 1 through 7 ( I Don't personally like the category system), But these as stated by others are rough guidelines for fans & writers

I can't remember the exact issue ,But in classic Thor I believe The Midgard Serpents is stated as weighing 1/3 the weight of midgard, the World Engine exact weight is not listed A more impressive feat is Thor stood up & fought against The weight of a Neutron Star, which increases Gravity By Billions of times Thor would weigh 660 billion pounds , Which is hundreds of Millions of Tons , He also did the same thing in the Heart of Earth's Sun another Super Heavy Gravity environment, Not just a lift/push, But Moving & fighting at normal speed. In Thor , GOT, All three Thor's (from Different Era's) Battle inside of a Sun, Young Thor Knock's Gorr, an Unspecified Planetary Distance, In this Scan Thor Hits Gorr so Hard The effects crack a near by populated Moon .Thor( Modern) Physically holds The cracking Moon Together & uses His Lightning & Earth Control to fix It

No Belt of Strength or Warriors Madness (which they should 've used in this story) Just Thor showing consistent strength feats that far exceed the 100,200, even 1000's of ton range in strength. Thor's(unrestrained) Base line Strength rivals That of any Big Hitter from any comic Line easily a match for Superman, SHAZAM, Supreme, Majestic, etc.in Warriors madness w/ The belt of Strength, Thor could surpass most of them except maybe Kingdom Come Superman, & Super Boy Prime But would then be on their level

On a side note, Mjolnir, The other Hammers, do amplify Thor's ,Beta Ray's, ect. Powers & They can draw power from them to rejuvenate themselves as Thor has done in the past. But in comics this is usually shown by Thor or the other Hammer wielders calling on the Power of Their specific Hammer. Read that question on this site

#72 Edited by Spiderman1997 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. I remember something like closing a dimensional rift with his fist. I think that alone puts him way above Superman,Wonder Woman etc. Not Hulk maybe cause I posted a scan in some other thread showing him punching space and time. I can post it now if anybody wants.

#73 Edited by Thorgoki (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been stated by Stan Lee and Marvel more than once that Thor is the strongest, stronger even the an insanely enraged Hulk. Just accept that Thor is the strongest.

On another note, I'd really hate to see how strong he was with the Odinforce. /shudder

Edit: His strength is incalculable.

#74 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorgoki said:

Its been stated by Stan Lee and Marvel more than once that Thor is the strongest, stronger even the an insanely enraged Hulk. Just accept that Thor is the strongest.

On another note, I'd really hate to see how strong he was with the Odinforce. /shudder

Thor is not the strongest and a lot of the things have changed since Stan Lee's time and even Stan Lee himself has admitted that Hulk can get angry enough to reach Thor in power. When it comes to pure physical strength Hulk is stronger and there are feats to back it up.

His strength is not incalculable there is a difference between strength that is not calculated and strength that is incalculable. Hulk's strength for instance is incalculable as is stated many times in the comics.

#75 Edited by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@thorgoki said:

Thor is not the strongest and a lot of the things have changed since Stan Lee's time and even Stan Lee himself has admitted that Hulk can get angry enough to reach Thor in power. When it comes to pure physical strength Hulk is stronger and there are feats to back it up.

His strength is not incalculable there is a difference between strength that is not calculated and strength that is incalculable. Hulk's strength for instance is incalculable as is stated many times in the comics.

^ lol, trolls

Where has it ever been stated that his strength is calculable, it just hasn't been?

#76 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@thorgoki said:

^ lol, trolls

Where has it ever been stated that his strength is calculable, it just hasn't been?

LOL the hypocrisy, getting called a troll by the guy that is widely considered a troll on these forums.

Where was his strength ever said to be incalculable? Do you even understand the meaning of it? Hulks strength is incalculable because it always fluctuates with his anger so no one can put an exact number on it, Thor's doesn't. Sure he could get stronger with Warrior madness(which is an illness) or just pure adrenaline rush or many other power ups and gadgets he get's but i am talking about regular Thor and he would have a limit to his strength that is calculable.

#77 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: Lol, I'm pretty sure you have to post much much more than I do to even be regarded as a troll, much less WIDELY regarded as a troll. Just because it might not have been stated multiple times in comics that it is incalculable, doesn't mean it can be calculated. Something not stated =/= something not true. 100 class strength is reserved for those whose upper limits are so high that they can't be measured. I'm not arguing whose stronger, just the fact Thor and many other characters have incalculable strength due to the sheer amount they could possibly lift. It is PIS strength.

#78 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder: You don't really since you managed just fine with what you got. I don't work with your personal beliefs, it hasn't been stated therefore it isn't until proven otherwise. 100 class is not reserved for those it's reserved for those that exceed 100 class and thats it(until you get to above Sky father-Celestial levels where entities can increase their strength to unmeasurable levels). And don't bring in PIS strength into this, just because different writers have different ideas on how strong Thor is does not mean his strength is incalculable. Those are writers flaws and freedoms and are not a trait of the character itself like with the Hulk.

#79 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

#80 Posted by fero01 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor gets beaten every week look at uncanny avengers last sentry fight pofffff!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.