Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor's powers without mjolnir?

• 84 results
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By tensor

@antoniovese: Everything I show is cannon.Even God Thor said he could not fly in the battle against Galatcus.Even in the comic with god butcher King Thor said Thor cannot fly with The hammer. Read the scan and figure it out.

This is King Thor and I quote I should have Flown over here before I sent the blasted Hammer away he had to climb the mountain.He also stated he can fight Galactus with No Hammer.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

2 In the God Butcher story here he says it again

No Caption Provided

3 This is in Uncanny Avengers not Thor comics like from above he was not match for apocalypse.He need a better weapon to stand a chance if it was the power of Thor why flee?

No Caption Provided

Like I said Thor needs his hammer it is his Greatest strength.Apart from the Ragnarok story arc there is no real consistent showing of great feats without the hammer.Not talking super strength or durability now.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: You must be blind if you did not see the hammer in his hands.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tensor: you showed two scans of him saying it & I showed two scans of him doing it. & you also said he had no powers & couldnt control weather without his hammer, you still havent showed any scans of that nor have you shown any scans of him getting beat badly whenever he doesnt have his hammer. & the scan he broke out of the binds the hammer was in his hand but didnt use that to break free. in the scan he hit namor it clearly shows him hitting namor with his empty hand. in the scan he has electricity & blue coming from him he has his hammer in his hands but the power coming from his entire body not his hammer. in the scan with gorr young thor was still holding his own against him. & in that scan with apocalypse he is still young as hell & apocalypse is no push over to begin with. You use that same scan over & over again lol. & wait how isn't making it rain fire an awesome feat? the omni directional blast in the scan above isn't a feat without his hammer? openning & closing huge rifts of earth isn't a feat? being near death & summoning an lighting bolt so strong that it dropped gorr using the necrosword? You don't make any sense & your logic us flawed greatly. The only argument you can make now is that he can't fly without it. Thats the only power you've showed him not to have without but I've showed scans with him flying without it. showed scans of him defeating strong enemies with out, manipulating weather without it. Bascially I showed you that thor is still thor without it. He's still a GOD & retains his godly abilities. weather manipulation, god blast, strength, durability & all are all apart of his inherit powers from being a god. the only thing mjolnir actually does is help him focus & control his abilities a lot better. he even released & energy blast from his hands that did more damage than mjolnir did. please read thor comics & do researched. all you have is the same scans you been using in other post. stop trolling

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Why do people expect Thor to leave his hammer at home when IT'S HIS! That's like saying Batman never does anything without his gadgets. Well Batman's gadgets is part of his uniform and when he is Bruce Wayne he has nothing on him but we know who he is. When Thor is Donald Blake he doesn't have his hammer but when he is in full gear he has his stuff. He has had other weapons before Mjolnir but some people just cannot understand that Warriors like Thor always has something on him because he is always ready and he looks at his hammer as a tool and no one goes to work without tools right? NO! This person thinks himself so important that he expects Thor to leave his hammer at home so he can do something for him as if Thor owed him something. WOW

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By uugieboogie

@antoniovese: EXACTLY. Before Mjolnir he kept his axe on him at all times. Loki keeps daggers oo him, warriors 3 keeps swoards. THor isnt a regualr super hero he is a warrior god. & alsp Wonder woman never goes anywhere without her laso & bracelets, batman always has his belt, cap always had his shield,spiderman always has his web blasters etc.. i can go on for days. They act like he wont be a god without . Idk I really blame it on these cartoons & movies that really downplay thor.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tensor

@uugieboogie: Like I said if you think that is the case make a battle thor without his hammer vs Superman or Hulk.Since what you are saying is True.I bet people would see who is the true troll.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Well Tensor, you gave us two possible challengers for Thor fans to face against and you asked for us to give up something that has been a part of Thor forever which through constant usage has become a HUGE part of Thor. To prove you aren't just a biased fan boy please tell us what we should take from either of the two proposed (by you) opponents that is of equal importance to them. Let's do it! I have not been on here only a few times and I do not yet know how things work but if you guys set it up I will take part.

Please do not play off the importance of my request because that would show the unfairness and prejudice you towards Thor which would make everything about your arguments this far insignificant. If you take a Martial Artist like a Tae Kwon Do Master that has fought a certain way for most of their lives which in this case is mostly kicks. Kicks are not the most dangerous strikes at all but through constant usage one becomes somewhat dependent on that ability which becomes second nature and now you set him up to fight a boxer and you say he can only box him, restricting kicks.

Are you not clearly giving the boxer A HUGE advantage and are you not setting up the Tae Kwon Do master for certain failure? Yes You Are! In addition you have picked with extreme bias mind you two possible opponents that do not use weapons and have fought most/all of their life physically and now you take someone that doesn't only use brute strength and restrict him in the same manner effectively doing the same thing. Please prove to me that you are not a typical fan boy and please show the a degree of the fairness you claim to have.

TO ALL THOR FANS! I can guarantee Victory against Superman so lets do it! If anyone of you guys want to talk with me about strategy please email me at my user name you see for me here at Y. c.o.m. and I will be happy to speak to anyone that is a fan of Thor about it. Thor is too easy to win against and he is Marvel and I really do like him but Superman is a bit more of a challenge and more fun to defeat. Peace

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: @antoniovese: Thats an exellent example. & Thor already fought hulk to a stalemate without mjolnir, beat him without it & broke his jaw with it sooooo. & superman cannot beat thor. All superman fans say is the speedblitz bs but im pretty sure gladiator is fast & thor took him down. Thor has taking down ALOT of powerhouses, ppl hulk or thor would have no chance with. thor fought Zeus for months whle hulk lasted a few minutes against him. Thor beat Bor! The father of Odin his grandfather. Mind bor was not holding back a little bit because he thought thor was a demon that killed odin Hulk doesnt really have a weakness but supermans does. Krptonite & Magic & doesnt he always get hurt when someone electric him? if batman a mere human with peak level strength can punch superman & put him down then why the hell can't thor? a person thats equal in almost every aspect except tsuperman has the speed but thor has no weakness. Clearly your the troll or just a thor hater. & if you are a thor hater than your an even worst troll going thru his post to dish out hate. if you dont like thor than why come to his post? & bring some shit superman can do to thor that he even did before that you believe he can do. cause with mjolnir all he has to do is transport him to a place with no yellow sun.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tensor

@antoniovese: Lol. Lol.You see you cannot defend your point. I love how you try to twist this around about giving up something he always had.The point is that you said he can do so much more without it, so why is it a big deal now.I thought he had all this amazing power without his hammer it should be easy.You just killed your own argument you can even back it up.You know in a battle he will lose without his hammer.Like I said and I stick to it without his hammer he is nothing.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They who say that Thor isn't nothing without Mjölnir are stupid. Thor actually once channeled his own power to Mjölnir so much that it broke.

He once shoot energy blast so powerful that it killed Durok the Demolisher, even that with Mjölnir he had difficulties even hold his own.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So people go from saying Thor is useless without his hammer to some saying he is just as powerful without it.... Can't even ask a question and expected a true answer nowadays from all the haters and fanboys out there...

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: Well considering I said that he is just as powerful with it as without I guess your post is intended for me as well right? Is that the kind of comment one makes when they are not sure or they do not know what to ask? If you have something to contribute than do so don't just critic the ones that do. If you know something to be wrong then state what it is instead of insulting or calling others fan boys. Doing this makes you what by the way? A hater maybe?

We all know if you knew something that was said in the previous posts that was wrong in your mind and you would have information to the contrary, you would of been more than happy to prove whoever you think is wrong. No content so i'm not worried. Don't worry about wasting my time, I only answered because I had time to waste.

Take Care

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antoniovese:

Loading Video...

The fact that i actually have to explain why Thor isn't as powerful without his hammer as he is with it, one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, just proves how dumb these forums can really get.

Neemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: Another wasted opportunity to state at least the smallest argument to back up your non existent point. You have to excuse me since i'm new here, I didn't know that the point was to call everyone names or categorize others in a negative way in the hopes of looking smart? Sorry but I don't understand when people complain about content when they possess no content at all. I guess that way they can never be wrong. Lol

I truly am trying to grasp the intellect it takes to complain about subjects without having input on the subjects in question. "You are all either dumb or not so smart but I have no clue as to what you are talking about so I will just make generic statements in hopes that no one will know I have no clue"! Let me show you all a video of more nonsense that has nothing to do with anything so I can add to not having a clue or opinion other than everyone is wrong except he who knows nothing at all.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@antoniovese:

Loading Video...

The fact that i actually have to explain why Thor isn't as powerful without his hammer as he is with it, one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, just proves how dumb these forums can really get.

Yeah... Except Mjölnir once broke because Thor channelled too much HIS OWN POWER.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RaynorJ

@neemia: Wait is this your second account? You can see all of the points already addressed on the first page, do i need to copy-paste them for you? Though i guess it wouldn't help much seeing as you lack common sense if you think Thor is literally as powerful now as he was without his hammer. I am sure no one would benefit from an near unbreakable weapon that can crush planets with enough force, give you the ability to fly, help you focus your powers, give you new powers, give you the ability to absorb extremely powerful attacks and than fire them off with even more power, etc...

Such a lame weapon Odin gave to Thor. Do you understand why i showed that video? Because the question was so dumb i wasn't sure if the person was actually trolling me with it. Now let's hear your side of the story.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: Does the belt of strength and other accessories count as his own power? Also that doesn't even make sense in the context of things now seeing as Miljonir absorbed universe busting attacks and channeled it back at the enemy with tenfold power.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is nothing without ze hammer

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing? He once killed Durok The Demolisher by his own WITHOUT MJÖLNIR. Even that with Mjölnir he had huge difficulties even hold his own.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: That is seriously so cute, listening to you judge others commonsense or lack of, it's like going to someone with leprosy for skin care "It just as silly as it sounds"! Neemia is my cousin as is Laurencio and although we answer as if we were addressed being we hold the same view it may appear to be one account although in reality it is not! We also tend to have each others back and when we see some witless worm attack any of us we tend to sometimes respond because you know what they say about ignorance, if you don't nip it in the rear, it feeds on the ignorant and we don't want it to spread (I'm sure you know it well being you live it)! I know what has been addressed on the first page and I actually viewed it again to see the wisdom you had to share given you passion for attacking me and Neemia but your input was absent among many other things. We wanted to know what you disagreed with but you simply stated some childish remarks about the previous page which tells people nothing. Is it that difficult to take a stand or to state a disagreement followed by some evidence or proof of why you disagreed? For average thinkers it is not that's why we're having such trouble trying to figure out your genius and my 2 year old niece is gone so our best bet to figure you out is missing. Congrats on being able to post those nifty videos though, they explain a lot about you!

Loving the bit of sharp wit (if that's what some call it) about our belief that he is just as powerful without Mjolnir as with it and now that we can see you share the opposite view. Like the others on the previous page and mostly 1 in particular that did nothing but post false truths and non canon so called scans that prove Thor's abilities to the contrary that were debunked you seem to have joined that rank of sensible individual. Please let me ask where is your proof to the contrary or any type of evidence that proves you to even be partially right? Haters will hate but I just never knew that they lost all sense of self respect and that they have no problems lying in the mud flinging it about with no leg to stand on. How Near Unbreakable is Mjolnir that Thor carved another Mjolnir out of Uru with his finger nail, and since when can a 43 lb hammer crush a planet, do you think that maybe it's the power of the one doing the striking that is doing it and maybe his God Force is what's keeping it all together? Hmmm

Since it's been proven over and over that Thor flies without it why do you again lie and state it gives him the ability to fly? Mjolnir helps Thor focus his power? Does it tell him now Thor son, wax on, wax off and don't forget to focus? It does however help remind him to never unleash to much because he is connected to it as to not destroy it as he has when he unleashed too much of his Godly essence and it shattered Mjolnir! That sounds to me like it helps him decrease his power as opposed to increase which his a good thing but it's not a boost by any means! You did get one thing right though, it can crush a planet WITH ENOUGH FORCE and I believe that Thor would be the one providing the force or is it Mjolnir in your mind? Thor has been able to absorb attacks and return them with more power without Mjolnir and what Powers does Mjolnir give Thor btw, I would love to know! The question was asked because you made a blank statement without saying anything at all! Weak minded people sit on the sidelines and state "You ask Thor lovers a question and they lie and if you ask Thor haters the same question they have a different answer"! That was such a dumb statement that we all looked at each other and said "huh"? Is he agreeing with us or him and if so what is his disagreement so that we can address it. You know what they say though "Someone makes a dumb statement that receives a dumb question followed by an idiotic response" basically your video!

Seriously, you were wondering if you were being trolled? ROFL

The Belt of Strength also belongs to Thor, it's part of him and works in similar ways that Yellow Sun works for Superman and for your information he has only worn it 2 times since the first Thor comic book has been printed. Also what other accessories are you referring to when talking about Thor that gives him power? When did Mjolnir absorb a Universe Busting Attack channeling it back at the enemy tenfold? I am dying to know!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer has been destroyed in the past and yet Thor remained Thor he did not change he still was as potent as before. This should not change him. It simply shows him without his hammer. Poor Thor at the mercy of a whisper so you can never tell what the writer will have him do. Wear a dress do the tango I have no clue.

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Erediore

Well I'll just say Laurencio got it, this was a simple question:

Is Thor still great without his hammer? And if so, how much?

The answer is: yes and very very much.

First of all, haters are failing to realize one thing, the 2nd surname of Thor is Mighty, HE IS NOT "The Mjolnir and his greatly overrated wielder", HE ISThe F**** Mighty Thor. And he is Half Asgardian / Half Elder God, so he is even greater than many other Gods, even from other pantheons and is the greatest asgardian, he has more power than even that of Odin, who stated that Thor's only flaw is to not know yet how to control such power fully.

Mjolnir is one of the greatest weapons in the Universe, I accept that without his hammer Thor isn't as great as he normally are, but from there, to saying that without his hammer he is nothing, is utter inocense, ignorance and stupidity. Those who says so, must show us canonical scans of Thor without his hammer being unable to: call rain, make rain fire, call lightnings, swipe the air and clouds of the nine realms to make a cosmic level storm, superbreath, make tornadoes, atmokinesis, electrokinesis, chronokinesis, flying by his own, controling the earth and other elements, using magic*, unchaining his physical powers, controling energy, not knowing martial arts in hand-to-hand** and many other stuff already told in this post. So probably he hasn't used all of this, nor he does 24/7 to be roughly patent, but these are his skill for he to use when he wants, all of wich he does by his own, being MJOLNIRLESS.

With Mjolnir he only amps, focus and redirect all of this and access much more, is Thor who empowers the Mjolnir, in return Mjolnir grants him it's own might to be one with the might Thor already have. BUT HEY!! Remember that Thor has the final weakness "Bad WIS/PIS" Only when Thor is written by a great artist, one that respect the canon and portray him properly, then you can see the real colors and the own light that this great comic character always had. And he totally have nothing to be ashamed about with or without his tool/weapon of work, that is integral to him and totally doesn't not depowers him as much as haters loves to think.

To end, let me show you how much @tensor is misleading us, here you can see the key parts that tensor is hiding on the Thor vs Apocalipse issue:

Loading Video...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*): You all got this magic thing wrong, first of all, Frigga mother of Thor taught him and Loki some basic magics, while Loki continued this trainings, Thor didn't like it so much bc he was more of close combat type, Odin must taught him other lessons in magic (norse mythos allows this, it's not crazyness of mine) and finally what he says is that he learned those magics only by the amount of time he watched Loki, so he learned that by himself, just by repeating what he saw and practicing in private, but he also watched many many times the likes of Frigga, Freija, Odin, Amora, Lorelei, Malekith, Mephisto, Morgan Le Fay, Karnilla and Dr. Strange doing magics. What makes you strive to think that he doesn't trained by himself some of all that he watched from this folks?

(**): This hasn't been a fully researched part of Thor, being an immortal with many milennia on his shoulders, and from a race of Warrior Gods, is stupid not to think that they have their own martial arts and fighting techniques, further more, his friend Hogun that lives and comes from a Mogul Reign within asgardian reach and is an allied Kingdom to Asgard, is a chinesque warrior, he surely knows and sure must taught foreign martial arts to Thor and the other Warriors Three. So there's more of Thor of that have already been told in comics, things he never needed to use (or writters forgot/not developed/failed to consider) when facing the greatest foes.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erediore: Thor is not worthy of the hammer now.So let us see what he will do other than cast lighting.Let us see if can open portals and fly without at super speed or drain energy.Let us see some feats under his own power so we can say he is superior without it. I have to say Thor not worthy of his own hammer is pretty funny.I did say that you couple times already and now it is written again in the comics.

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Erediore

@tensor: That is in Marvel NOW Universe, not 616... Keep lying, btw, I think he is not worthy just by don't being worthy, something happened that take over his own link with Mjolnir, even the Odin's enchantment got rewritten (you can easily see a huge WIS/PIS there, Odin is the only one that could rewritte it), I'll be glad to see what Thor can do without his hammer... I think you will be dissapointed when that plot got to end. If your most lustful pleasure is to see Thor being constantly bad written and think you're seeing the truer version of Thor, then you must have something weird inside your head, that needs a doctor and pills.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Erediore

@tensor: That is just a marketing tag. Marvel does it every two years or so, as an excuse to launch new titles. I think it's a little confusing to myself. Since they started Marvel Now, I also started to dislike their "brilliant ideas", compared to the New 52 on DC, Marvel is been doing things wrong, and seems DC isn't doing good things neither, so... Even so, if they still have some intelligence they will use this story arc to show Thor's own Mjolnirless might and repair the damage done by that huge WIS/PIS: Odin's enchantment being rewritten. And repair the false concept much ppl have of him not being capable to be top-tier in h2h by his own long life experience.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when it comes to his flight why did he simply not call his goats. They can go anyplace be called to any place and even go from dimension to dimension. So this really falls on bad research.

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I think he uses his goats when he goes in large journeys for long periods, to save energies, he has done it before, he even eat his goats if hungry and then uses Mjolnir and his own God-Force to bring them back from the bones, the goats meat gives him an extra vigor that makes him undure even more of what he is already capable of, or to last twice the time he normally last until he needs to eat again. To go between dimensions he hurls the hammer and open portal.

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@tensor: You are still not showing proof, show me scans of thor getting smacked around. & does he not having a lot of strength? he lifted the midgard serpant & moved the world tree with his hands so what are you talking about? He broke chains made to hold 10 giants, he crushed a tank & make it into a hammer with this bare hands. He's matched strength with hercules on multiple occasions, he's fought hulk to a stand for hours with just his hands & it was savage hulk. he broke adamantium binds with just his muscles. he's crushed uru metal to dust. he's done so much stuff WITHOUT mjolnir. All your saying is odin this & odin that & he gets beat all the time without his hammer. Please show me all these times he's been beaten without his hammer. & DO NOT QUOTE NO DAMN CARTOON OR MOVIE. If you cant do that than this conversation is over.

Not bad scans, bud. I love these.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah some pretty nice scans, especially the ones where we see Thor flying without his hammer. But then there are scans where it's stated he needs his hammer to fly, like here in his fight against Hyperion:

No Caption Provided

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can fly without his hammer, depending on the writer of course. AARON especially doesn't portray thor as being able to fly without mjolnir but in secret empire thor flew many times even though he have no hammer, he even blitzed into a mountain

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is debatable to be honest and it really depends on the writer, like the scan I posted above Hyperion states that unlike him Thor can't fly on his own power without needing the aid of mjornir.

Here in this scan, the words come out from his very own mouth in his "human form"

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF THEY BE WORTHY POSSESS THE POWER OF THOR.......................THOR NOT MJOLMIR

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kane52630:Vince McMahon Moodboard #cinephile #moviemania #beautifulmovie  #beautifulimages | Vince mcmahon, Vince, Movies

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.