Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor's powers without mjolnir?

• 84 results
    Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Glarinetta

So Thor has weather control, magic, god force (god blast) energy absorption and manipulation, healing, strength, speed, durability, stamina, senses (that tracking think and hearing), longevity, super breath, flight or levitate and earth control without his hammer, what else? And how powerful he is without his hammer, who could he beat?

Sorry my crappy English, i'm from Finland. :)

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he has all of the same powers except magic without the hammer. The hammer just makes it easier to use them

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that he had also natural magic?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HaveAtThee

He has Earth and elemental powers without Mjolnir. Those are his innate magical abilities given his heritage. Not to mention the standard Superman-like strength and durability. I don't think he is very fast without Mjolnir even though he has quick reaction times. Mjolnir then gives him the ability to harness his own natural abilities, as well as flight and incredible speed. Mjolnir also possesses the cosmic powers like transmutation, anti-force, energy absorption and opening dimensional portals.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's just as strong with his hammer as without: It doesn't increase his physical strength, his belt does. The hammer is just a blunt object he can use that's more durable than he is, for hitting things that are ALSO more durable than he is. It also gives him finer control over his more esoteric abilities, so rather than just summoning a storm and guiding it so some of it hits his enemies, ALL of it will hit his enemies.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read somewhere that Thor also has natural energy absortion and manipulation powers?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No those are the perks that come with wielding Mjolnir.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tensor

Thor is pretty much useless without the hammer been proving time and time again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tensor

@jayc1324: How so all he has is super strength what else can he do please elaborate by all means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: he has durability, strength, can fly by blowing the winds, still has control over weather, still has god blast and can use energy attacks...

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: he has tons more than that, too.

Without his hammer in a fight with Malekith he also used sorcery against Malekith that hurt him (that he claims he learned from Loki).

And yes, this was a rrecent issue that came put this year . It's on his respect thread

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tensor

@jayc1324: When in which comic did he use the god blast with out the hammer?

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigfoot09

@tensor: Ok, he may had learned tht from loki but he still is not useless without his hammer. jayc1324 gave u afew examples of what he still can do without it... If u consider tht useless then I'd hate to know what u consider non useless??

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tensor

@bigfoot09: Lol Coming from where he is yes he is useless.His best abilities are gone.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HaveAtThee
    No Caption Provided

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, i'm also pretty sure that he can do plenty of stuff whithout his hammer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can charge his punches with lightning!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can pick up Mjolnir with his own power!

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

''Thor has natural energy manipulation abilities without Mjolnir'' Apparently compared the Silver Surfer and his energy manipulation powers are pretty strong?

By: Marvel comics wiki/database

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Laurencio

@tensor: Are you trolling? It has never been proven since it isn't so. Thor retains all abilities without Mjolnir. The hammer allows him to be slightly more efficient with some things.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurencio: I am not trolling.If you read the comics it has been proven time and time again.Odin even prove.Battles without the hammer we have seen never goes well for Thor. There is only like 2 showing of Thor doing something without his hammer an the feats are not as Impressive compare to when he is wielding it.If you are Thor fan you would have knowing this buy now.Like I always said the weapon might read who ever wield this weapon have the power of Thor but it is really the power of Odin.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i hear he's still pretty good without it, from what i've seen he never does much without it.

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: I am not trying to be rude and I hope that you know intent doesn't show well in comments. Please just keep that in mind when you read my comment, I am never mean unless someone is mean to me. Here is my reply.

You mention that Thor never does well without Mjolnir and you also state that even Odin proves it. Can you please explain what you mean since there is no time he does bad due to Mjolnir or lack of, he only does bad when he is being beat and that is not Mjolnir's fault. Thor always does well and I don't know what you mean when you say he does bad without his hammer since his hammer does not add any abilities other than allowing it to be thrown. The hammer weighs 43 lbs and he throws it a lot, I can't see that affecting the fight at all with a powerful foe. His feats are not impressive? Who are you comparing his feats to that makes them look bad? Beating Hulk and The Thing and the whole serpent society along with defeating The Midgard Serpent that is big enough to wrap itself around the earth 2+ times is not impressive? Knocking the crap out of Galactus and beating Celestial Beings is not impressive to you? You are not impressed with being able to bring people to life or reconstructing the Moon with his mind after it was destroyed during a battle? You must have some hero that is a lot better in many ways then but I can't see who would top him. Definitely not Superman, he would get so schooled by Thor making your hero by far his superior.

Can't wait to find out what hero impresses you. Also, what feats are you talking about when you say "with his hammer"? You do know that the hammer doesn't give him any added power or abilities right? I am a fan of Thor's but there is no way you are! You slander Thor more than applaud him and you flat out lie. Thor's power did not come from Odin, pure nonsense! Thor's power came with him at birth and the reason Odin Picked Thor's mother so carefully is because Odin wanted THE STRONGEST ASGARDIAN ever and he is The most physically powerful Asgardian, his power is ALL Thor. You imply that I would know his power is Odin's if I read comics and I do read comics and the same can be said to you. Please learn more about him before making things up, either that or you are a hater and just want to make Thor look bad. All Odin did was have Mjolnir made and then he placed an ENCHANTMENT on Mjolnir that allows anyone that wields the hammer to posses the power of Thor if they are worthy. The worthy part is done now though and only Thor can wield it again as it was in the beginning or anyone that Thor wills the hammer to serve. Recently when Mjolnir was broken for the last time Using the Odin Force and the help of Dr. Strange they mended Mjolnir and joined it with Thor's life Force making it only serve Thor as it should be. I am afraid Thor haters now will not be able to say "my hero will take his hammer and beat him up with it". Funny that haters when fighting Thor always depended on Using Thor's power to beat him, there hero's are never good enough to take him on head to head. I look forward to your response to determine what you really are all about.

Take Care

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Laurencio

@thorson: Well yes and no. He does a lot with it since it is his and is a part of him. Just as Wonder Woman has her lasso of truth or her bracelets but that is not to be mistaken as he couldn't do without it. It's like saying that Batman is weak without his mask, he uses it because it's who he is and how he goes out, it doesn't empower him. Fact is that all Mjolnir does is it helps him fly a bit faster and it helps him aim his God Blast or direct it. If you are a fan and due to your handle I believe you are, you would know that in a fight Thor shot a God Blast and he used to much power causing Mjolnir to shatter. He also shot lightning without it and he used to much juice and he fried everything around him. Lol

Mjolnir more or less teaches and reminds him to stay in control and never put to much into things, it's more of a tool I believe to focus and never overdue it which makes Mjolnir more of a restrictor than a enhancer of strength. Remember he also vowed due to those uncontrolled events to never fight anyone at full strength so he does not kill them or break Mjolnir. I don't know if you will believe me but Thor can break Mjolnir with his fingers nail as he has done in the past. To Thor anyway the hammer is not even all that durable due to his massive POWER!

Take Care bud and if you are ever in a debate or discussion where Thor is involved, please drop me a message since I am new here and I don't know my way around yet. Have a great day...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tensor

@laurencio: If you are a Thor fan and read the comics over the years you would know that what I said to you is true.Time and Time again it has been proven in Thor comics. Even recently King Thor show us that he could not fly without his hammer.If you want I can give you tons of scans on this fact.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This was created for him by his father.It does not mean he alone have the power to wield it.Since Odin is the one with the true Power.Here is a different scan where he makes Thor know who is boss.

No Caption Provided

You see the weapon is not Thor Power do you see him in the back cannot even lift the hammer.He had the hammer charge up with lighting and it just went out no power.This has been show many times in thor comics over the history.They are only a very few feats where he has done something without his hammer.Very few.If you want I can keep this up all day.

It is called the Odinforce for a reason Not the Thorforce.

My last scan to show you again see how easy Thor gets beaten by Apocalypse without a proper weapon. He has to flee.He could not fly of on his own.Apocalypse even said he did not even have a proper weapon.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurencio:

@tensor: I am not trying to be rude and I hope that you know intent doesn't show well in comments. Please just keep that in mind when you read my comment, I am never mean unless someone is mean to me. Here is my reply.

You mention that Thor never does well without Mjolnir and you also state that even Odin proves it. Can you please explain what you mean since there is no time he does bad due to Mjolnir or lack of, he only does bad when he is being beat and that is not Mjolnir's fault. Thor always does well and I don't know what you mean when you say he does bad without his hammer since his hammer does not add any abilities other than allowing it to be thrown. The hammer weighs 43 lbs and he throws it a lot, I can't see that affecting the fight at all with a powerful foe. His feats are not impressive? Who are you comparing his feats to that makes them look bad? Beating Hulk and The Thing and the whole serpent society along with defeating The Midgard Serpent that is big enough to wrap itself around the earth 2+ times is not impressive? Knocking the crap out of Galactus and beating Celestial Beings is not impressive to you? You are not impressed with being able to bring people to life or reconstructing the Moon with his mind after it was destroyed during a battle? You must have some hero that is a lot better in many ways then but I can't see who would top him. Definitely not Superman, he would get so schooled by Thor making your hero by far his superior.

Can't wait to find out what hero impresses you. Also, what feats are you talking about when you say "with his hammer"? You do know that the hammer doesn't give him any added power or abilities right? I am a fan of Thor's but there is no way you are! You slander Thor more than applaud him and you flat out lie. Thor's power did not come from Odin, pure nonsense! Thor's power came with him at birth and the reason Odin Picked Thor's mother so carefully is because Odin wanted THE STRONGEST ASGARDIAN ever and he is The most physically powerful Asgardian, his power is ALL Thor. You imply that I would know his power is Odin's if I read comics and I do read comics and the same can be said to you. Please learn more about him before making things up, either that or you are a hater and just want to make Thor look bad. All Odin did was have Mjolnir made and then he placed an ENCHANTMENT on Mjolnir that allows anyone that wields the hammer to posses the power of Thor if they are worthy. The worthy part is done now though and only Thor can wield it again as it was in the beginning or anyone that Thor wills the hammer to serve. Recently when Mjolnir was broken for the last time Using the Odin Force and the help of Dr. Strange they mended Mjolnir and joined it with Thor's life Force making it only serve Thor as it should be. I am afraid Thor haters now will not be able to say "my hero will take his hammer and beat him up with it". Funny that haters when fighting Thor always depended on Using Thor's power to beat him, there hero's are never good enough to take him on head to head. I look forward to your response to determine what you really are all about.

Take Care

This

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Wow. That is sad, do you know the difference between Marvel/DC cannon and any old publication? Only Marvel cannon is controlled (content wise) by Marvel and all other publications can do whatever they want. In your first scan you have A supposed King Thor fighting Galactus and he is missing an arm. Let me give you an example of non cannon. Here we have King Thor missing an arm and fighting ALL the heroes of earth and beats them easily while at the same time killing Hulk and Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dul3lhJ8aM

Here are just some of the feats he has done. In This Marvel Cannon issue, you know the one that counts. You have Rune King Thor Removing Loki's Head from his body keeping the head alive. He defeats Surtur who is beyond anything you can imagince, He kills MANGOG just by raising his hand up and puts him to that endless sleep and Mangog is pretty much indistructible along with Durok. Oh and he does something that even Odin could not do, Thor Pulls out BOTH eyes and throws them into the well of Mimir then he hangs himself on the world tree until he crossed over into the land of the dead making him able to KNOW THE UNKNOWABLE and see THE UNSEEN. Odin only sacrificed 1 eye and only impaled himself on the World Tree making him extremely powerful but NOWHERE near as powerful as Thor was. He also does something no one has, HE KILLS a GROUP OF CELESTIAL BEINGS with a ONE OFF. The ones that sit above in shadow are celestial beings that feed of THE GODS of ASGARD. Odin could not take a low level Celestial with help and Thor wipes them off the face of the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ834q-Mk7g

Also you think he cannot fight Galactus, how about Galactus and Silver Surfer. He hits Galactus so hard that when Thor Impacts Galactus it causes Silver surfur great pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmgkmxY24xE

So Thor can't fly without the hammer? Hmm. Here is what Marvel cannon has to say about it.

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/RageOfOlympus/media/Thor/FlyWithoutMjolnirInSpace1.jpg.html

Also when he faces Thor as a child Apocalypse goes back in time to attack him and that is why Thor says how will fare against The God Of Thunder and that weapon called JarnBjorn is definitely powerful and you need to start looking at things in context. He also Schools Apocalypse if you know anything about that encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtHz1EGKZXc

Lastly when Thor had the hammer going it dropped? Do you know how many times that has happened? A few to be sure. Odin is The most powerful Sky Father and his dad, Thor's only weakness is to greater magic. Odin is greater magic and whoala. He has even made Thor mortal and took away his memories and power. IT IS STILL THOR'S POWER! His father can just take it and so on as he can do to Superman or anyone else. I could go on and on!

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: Hey Bud I thought I would answer this now since That Quintus member that is a moderator already blocked Laurencio since he disagreed with his views and challenged his fibs. I feel he will delete me also so I will do my best to answer now and if you have any other questions about Thor ask Thor fans since DC fans do nothing but LIE! Here is my answer to what I saw you ask and I will try to address some of the lies DC fans have already made.

YOU ASKED

"So Thor has weather control, magic, god force (god blast) energy absorption and manipulation, healing, strength, speed, durability, stamina, senses (that tracking think and hearing), longevity, super breath, flight or levitate and earth control without his hammer, what else? And how powerful he is without his hammer, who could he beat? I thought that he had also natural magic? I read somewhere that Thor also has natural energy absortion and manipulation powers"?

Thor Possesses: Life-Force: AKA the God-Force. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir: Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength: Superhuman Durability: Thor even survived blasts from Celestials: Superhuman Speed: Thor was even able to strike down a moving Quicksilver, he can throw Mjolnir at several times the speed of light, he was able to swing Mjolnir at 3 times the speed of light even though his strength was reduced in half. In addition, Thor can appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds: Superhuman Stamina: Thor's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of most other Asgardians. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for months without tiring at all. Using the Belt of Strength also doubles all his abilities. While in the state of Warrior's Madness, Thor's stamina will increase tenfold: Superhuman Senses: Thor's superhuman sense's allow him to see objects as far out as the edge of the Solar System: Healing Factor: As stated previously, Thor is not invulnerable to all harm and it is possible to injure him. But due to Thor’s unique physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than most Asgardians and has even shown the ability to regrow limbs: Longevity:Super Breath: Thor can use his breath to create hurricane force winds. Flight: Thor has shown the ability to fly and levitate without his hammer: Self Sustenance: He is capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep: Earth Control: After his resurrection, Thor has accepted his heritage as a child of the Elder Goddess Gaea and gained the ability to control the Earth. He has demonstrated this ability by being able to create continental-spanning chasms and earthquakes that are off the Richter Scale in the Earth itself: Transcend Dimensions: When he was trapped in the Tesseract (a pocket universe prison) from the Collector, Thor created a portal and escaped the Tesseract: Energy Manipulation: Thor has stated that he relies on the power of Mjolnir too often. He uses Mjolnir for to open portals and time travel but there was a time when he was able to do all of those things on his own. Thor has natural energy manipulation abilities without Mjolnir. During Ragnarok, Thor had seen his family and friends fall to Loki's army and he reached down into himself for strength he never realized before and projected an energy blast so powerful that he knocked out Durok the Demolisher, who was so powerful that Thor, even with Mjolnir, was barely able to hold his own against. He can and was always able to project omni-directional blasts: Lightning/Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel his storm abilities but he is capable of discharging lightning bolts from his hands: Matter Manipulation: After a battle that destroyed the Moon, Thor used Matter Manipulation to repair and restore the Moon: Memory Alteration: Thor calls this the 'Gift of Forgetfulness'. He took away Jane Foster's memories of her being kidnapped by Loki and a reporter's experience in Asgard: All-Tongue: When Thor speaks with the All-Tongue, anyone who hears him will hear him speak their native language in their hearts: Gifted Intellect: Thor possessed and retains the medical knowledge of Donald Blake, even as Thor. Early in his comics appearances, Blake also possessed scientific knowledge enabling him to build an android with an IQ of 375 and durable enough to withstand the blows from Thor's hammer. Thor's time among Tony Stark and the Avengers also gave him great knowledge of complex Earthly systems of electronics and the ability to modify the systems for his own purposes. However, his scientific skills have not been mentioned later in his career:

I BARELY GOT DONE WITH WHAT THOR CAN DO LIKE SECOND NATURE, I HAVE YET TO GET INTO HIS NEW FOUND ABILITIES HE IS DEVELOPING AFTER HE LEARNED OF HIS ANCESTRY ON HIS MOTHERS SIDE. IT GET OH SO MUCH BETTER BUT I HAVE NO TIME. IF THIS INTERESTS YOU LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO THAT ALSO. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THOR HAS ALSO BROUGHT BACK A GIRL TO LIVE THAT HAD DIED, BUT DO TO HIS INEXPERIENCE HE FORGOT TO BRING BACK THE SOUL FIRST CAUSING THE BODY TO COME ALIVE BUT IT WAS BLANK.

Thor retains all powers without Mjolnir, he only benefits by increasing his speed when flying slightly and Mjolnir is a constant reminder to not expel to much energy in his God Blast which also COMES ONLY FROM HIM. In one instance when he fired a God Blast and he was not careful, he put to much power into his blast which caused Mjolnir to Shatter! Although Asgardians use Magic, Thor Possesses magic and if anyone knows a thing about Gaea his mother that is a Elder Goddess who possesses great mystical powers of an undefined nature. Gaea can use any number of natural or magical effects and she can even bestow magic onto others giving them control over magic.

SO MUCH MORE BUT NO MORE TIME. LET ME KNOW

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: Hey Bud I thought I would answer this now since That Quintus member that is a moderator already blocked Laurencio since he disagreed with his views and challenged his fibs. I feel he will delete me also so I will do my best to answer now and if you have any other questions about Thor ask Thor fans since DC fans do nothing but LIE! Here is my answer to what I saw you ask and I will try to address some of the lies DC fans have already made.

YOU ASKED

"So Thor has weather control, magic, god force (god blast) energy absorption and manipulation, healing, strength, speed, durability, stamina, senses (that tracking think and hearing), longevity, super breath, flight or levitate and earth control without his hammer, what else? And how powerful he is without his hammer, who could he beat? I thought that he had also natural magic? I read somewhere that Thor also has natural energy absortion and manipulation powers"?

Thor Possesses: Life-Force: AKA the God-Force. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir: Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength: Superhuman Durability: Thor even survived blasts from Celestials: Superhuman Speed: Thor was even able to strike down a moving Quicksilver, he can throw Mjolnir at several times the speed of light, he was able to swing Mjolnir at 3 times the speed of light even though his strength was reduced in half. In addition, Thor can appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds: Superhuman Stamina: Thor's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of most other Asgardians. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for months without tiring at all. Using the Belt of Strength also doubles all his abilities. While in the state of Warrior's Madness, Thor's stamina will increase tenfold: Superhuman Senses: Thor's superhuman sense's allow him to see objects as far out as the edge of the Solar System: Healing Factor: As stated previously, Thor is not invulnerable to all harm and it is possible to injure him. But due to Thor’s unique physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than most Asgardians and has even shown the ability to regrow limbs: Longevity:Super Breath: Thor can use his breath to create hurricane force winds. Flight: Thor has shown the ability to fly and levitate without his hammer: Self Sustenance: He is capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep: Earth Control: After his resurrection, Thor has accepted his heritage as a child of the Elder Goddess Gaea and gained the ability to control the Earth. He has demonstrated this ability by being able to create continental-spanning chasms and earthquakes that are off the Richter Scale in the Earth itself: Transcend Dimensions: When he was trapped in the Tesseract (a pocket universe prison) from the Collector, Thor created a portal and escaped the Tesseract: Energy Manipulation: Thor has stated that he relies on the power of Mjolnir too often. He uses Mjolnir for to open portals and time travel but there was a time when he was able to do all of those things on his own. Thor has natural energy manipulation abilities without Mjolnir. During Ragnarok, Thor had seen his family and friends fall to Loki's army and he reached down into himself for strength he never realized before and projected an energy blast so powerful that he knocked out Durok the Demolisher, who was so powerful that Thor, even with Mjolnir, was barely able to hold his own against. He can and was always able to project omni-directional blasts: Lightning/Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel his storm abilities but he is capable of discharging lightning bolts from his hands: Matter Manipulation: After a battle that destroyed the Moon, Thor used Matter Manipulation to repair and restore the Moon: Memory Alteration: Thor calls this the 'Gift of Forgetfulness'. He took away Jane Foster's memories of her being kidnapped by Loki and a reporter's experience in Asgard: All-Tongue: When Thor speaks with the All-Tongue, anyone who hears him will hear him speak their native language in their hearts: Gifted Intellect: Thor possessed and retains the medical knowledge of Donald Blake, even as Thor. Early in his comics appearances, Blake also possessed scientific knowledge enabling him to build an android with an IQ of 375 and durable enough to withstand the blows from Thor's hammer. Thor's time among Tony Stark and the Avengers also gave him great knowledge of complex Earthly systems of electronics and the ability to modify the systems for his own purposes. However, his scientific skills have not been mentioned later in his career:

I BARELY GOT DONE WITH WHAT THOR CAN DO LIKE SECOND NATURE, I HAVE YET TO GET INTO HIS NEW FOUND ABILITIES HE IS DEVELOPING AFTER HE LEARNED OF HIS ANCESTRY ON HIS MOTHERS SIDE. IT GET OH SO MUCH BETTER BUT I HAVE NO TIME. IF THIS INTERESTS YOU LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO THAT ALSO. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THOR HAS ALSO BROUGHT BACK A GIRL TO LIVE THAT HAD DIED, BUT DO TO HIS INEXPERIENCE HE FORGOT TO BRING BACK THE SOUL FIRST CAUSING THE BODY TO COME ALIVE BUT IT WAS BLANK.

Thor retains all powers without Mjolnir, he only benefits by increasing his speed when flying slightly and Mjolnir is a constant reminder to not expel to much energy in his God Blast which also COMES ONLY FROM HIM. In one instance when he fired a God Blast and he was not careful, he put to much power into his blast which caused Mjolnir to Shatter! Although Asgardians use Magic, Thor Possesses magic and if anyone knows a thing about Gaea his mother that is a Elder Goddess who possesses great mystical powers of an undefined nature. Gaea can use any number of natural or magical effects and she can even bestow magic onto others giving them control over magic.

SO MUCH MORE BUT NO MORE TIME. LET ME KNOW

Thanks! Also what I know that Thor has great potential, but he is just lazy to use them

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uugieboogie

@tensor: that was after it broke & was bound to his life force . Only Thor can wield it now . Also if you were a Thor you would know on number occasion he flew without aid of mjolnir . He's been seen levitating & all without it . He even made it rain fire long before he was initially worthy to lift mjolnir . He made huge lighten bolts with out . All it does is focus his powers . & even if he learned the magic from Loki it's still him using magic tho . He made an illusion that fooled everyone & made them think he killed that troll . He even fooled malikeith who is an excellent sorcerer . You need to check up on your Thor comics & facts . Marvel wikia even tells you Thor's power .

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Try again they are more facts in comic showing that the power of Thor is not really his.Even in the upcoming Thor comic it will be a woman who will wield the power of Thor.Plus another key note Thor Levitate in maybe two comics, where on the other note of him not been able to fly without his hammer has been shown time and time again.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uugieboogie

@tensor: she will wield his hammer . There's covers of avengers with wielding his old axe . Thor without his hammer is Thor the god of thunder . Even in the King Thor storyline he was capable of wielding mjolnir for a few hundred years yet he was still powerful . Yes he had the thorforce but still . Thor's power comes from his god force . Your completely denying the fact that Thor has feats without his hammer . Fighting the celestials ? Striking down gorr ? Making it rain fire ? That's only a few . The only reason you can say his power is not his own is cause the few times Odin stripped him of it . Odin if the chieftain of the asgardians there sky father . He can take & bestow power . He give Thalif powers & turned him into a god right ? Zeus did it some of the Olympians too right ? That doesn't mean his power isn't his own that doesn't make since . & her having his power & even using mjolnir makes no sense cause it was recently bound to his life force so that whole thing with this new "Thor" is already voided. Everyone has given you fact stating that his power is his own & other powers he has without mjolnir . All you're saying that there's facts saying he isn't but your not providing any facts . So please show us some facts . & DO NOT put no movie on cartoon bs .

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: All Odin was tell the hammer to stop.Most of Thor power comes from him wielding the hammer without he is not much.How many Time have seen someone else take away the hammer and have the power of Thor.Why did he not take it back because it is gone unless you can prove that me wrong on that.There is no point.How many times have we seen him get beating badly because he did not have his hammer.The facts are the facts you can blame me blame marvel.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SkyRobo1

His powers when using Mjolnir

Worthiness Enchantment

Mystical Link

Weather Control

Flight

Energy Projection: i.e Godblast and Anti-Force

Energy Sensing

Energy Absorption and Redirection

Teleportation

Barriers and Force field creation

Matter Manipulation

Resurrection

Alpha Particles

Negation of Mystic Energy

Nether World Power

Invisibility and Intangibility

Illusion detection

Absorption of Life

Interdimensional Messaging

His powers without Mjolnir

Superhuman Strength, Durability, Speed, Senses, Stamina

Healing Factor

Longevity

Super Breath

Levitate

Energy Manipulation: Lightning/Electrokinesis and Rain

Memory Alteration

~~~Conclusion~~~

Thor will be a bit weaker and will have access to fewer powers without Mjolnir. BUT I think Marvel is doing this on purpose to allow feats for Thor doing something awesome without his hammer..One person once said that The hammer makes the man or god and I believe that Marvel is trying to change that by making The man into a God without such weapon (Something like that)..Also to be honest Thor isn't the smartest fighter in the world - Mjolnir has so many powers but how many times have any of you seen him use it - Like when have you seen him use his nether world power or his ability to affect Alpha particles..

Also I like this idea of Unworthy Thor because a few battles in the battle thread where people believe Thor will lose to many heavy hitters without his hammer and rightly so since he has no feats without his hammer so if they can make a good series of this and make Thor fight many strong heavy hitters without Mjolnir then more feats and power to us Thor fans.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1 said:

Worthiness Enchantment

Mystical Link

Weather Control

Flight

Energy Sensing

Teleportation

Matter Manipulation

Resurrection

Alpha Particles

Nether World Power

Illusion detection

Absorption of Life

Superhuman Strength, Durability, Speed, Senses, Stamina

Healing Factor

Longevity

Super Breath

Levitate

Energy Manipulation: Lightning/Electrokinesis and Rain

Memory Alteration

~~~Conclusion~~~

Thor will be a bit weaker and will have access to fewer powers without Mjolnir. BUT I think Marvel is doing this on purpose to allow feats for Thor doing something awesome without his hammer..One person once said that The hammer makes the man or god and I believe that Marvel is trying to change that by making The man into a God without such weapon (Something like that)..Also to be honest Thor isn't the smartest fighter in the world - Mjolnir has so many powers but how many times have any of you seen him use it - Like when have you seen him use his nether world power or his ability to affect Alpha particles..

Also I like this idea of Unworthy Thor because a few battles in the battle thread where people believe Thor will lose to many heavy hitters without his hammer and rightly so since he has no feats without his hammer so if they can make a good series of this and make Thor fight many strong heavy hitters without Mjolnir then more feats and power to us Thor fans.

This list is completely wrong. But I do agree with you about the writers wanting to show what thor can really do without mjolnir. But here's the correct list. Thor weather manipulation without his hammer, levitation without it, earth manipulation without.

Asgardian/Elder God Hybrid Physiology: Biologically half-Asgardian on his father's side and half-Elder God on his mother's side; Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique BIRTH, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race. Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have several times the density of the same tissues in the body of a human being, contributing to his superhuman weight. He is invulnerable to powerful energy blasts, weighted impacts, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. Even without his godly power Thor is still physically the strongest and most durable of all the Asgardians.[52]

Life-Force: also known as the God-Force. The godly energies that fuel all of Thor's godlike powers. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir.[49] Unlike many other deities, Thor's unique Life-force allows him to have full access to all of his powers regardless of what realm he enters. The only beings so far that has been shown to affect Thor's God-force are Odin[53][54][52][55] Dormammu,[56] and Odin's raven in the form of Marnot.[57] Thor's God-force is also the key to him using the God-blast.[58]

Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods[44][59][60][61][45][62] His feats include destroying an arch weighing over a million tons,[63] crumbling Uru into dust,[62] lifting the Midgard Serpent,[64] who was large enough to coil around the Earth from head to tail multiple times over and crush it in its grip.[59] (However, it should be noted that in this instance, the Serpent was only shown as several times the size of Thor himself, and encircling a small mystic mirror Earth in the Asgardian dimension, which caused NATURAL disasters on the real Earth.) Pushing the Worldengine, which reversed the Yggdrasil Tree .[65] Thor nearly killed Angrir with a powerful blow, who had defeated the base level Red Hulk (He grows much more powerful from absorbing energy).[66] His clash against Gorr shattered entire worlds. [36] He effortlessly threw a piece of star core at the god-bomb.[67] He also physically held together the fissures of a badly damaged moon, and mended it with his lightning.[68]

He has effortlessly snapped adamantium alloy cables by simply flexing.[69]He pushed over leaning Tower of Pisa with his finger. [70] His punch when met with same force has leveled a countryside [71] and even closed dimensional rifts.[72]He has towed the island hydrobase into New York Harbor [73]After being damaged in a battle, Thor literally holds up the George Washington Bridge long enough for Damage Control to fix it.[74] Wonder Man concedes Thor as his superior .[75] He has also resisted the gravity of a neutron star.[76]

Thor has proven capable of several acts of vast physical strength, including stalemating the Hulk in battle for an hour.[77][78] He was able to break Silver Surfer's force field with a SINGLE blow [79] knocked out Namor with a SINGLE blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated and it was raining),[80] defeated the Bi-Beast,[81] Red Hulk, [82] and Gladiator.[83] He has also stalemated Hercules in various contests of strength, and nearly rendered the Juggernaut unconscious after negating his mystical DEFENSES.[84]

Superhuman Durability: Being a god whose heritage is both half-Asgardian and half-Elder God affords Thor virtual invulnerability and immunity to such human ailments as diseases, toxins, poisons, corrosives, fire, electrocution, asphyxiation, lead, AND RADIATION poisoning.[85][86][87][88] Thor can drink mead all day long and not get drunk.[89] Thor has flown through the heart of stars.[90] He withstood what he thought to be the weight of a score of planets.[91] Thor was able to survive direct multiple blasts from the Asgardian Destroyer.[92] Thor also once took a glancing hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of ravaging an entire planet,[93] and soon after that explosion he fell from space (leaving a crater miles wide) to a planet called Pangoria.[93] He has withstood a blast from Odin,[94] and even survived blasts from Celestials.[44] With his powers reduced in half, Thor was able to withstand a blow from the Skurge the Executioner's axe.[95] Thor is extremely difficult to kill as his life force is considerably augmented by his godlike heritage, and Mjolnir.[96] Thor can even survive absolute zero temperatures, and even though he was trapped inside, he showed no discomfort after being rescued by Hulk and immediately resumed battle.[97]

Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at extreme speeds. Thor can fly to the sun in a matter of minutes.[98] Thor was even able to strike down a moving Quicksilver and has claimed to have fought foes faster than him.[99] He can throw Mjolnir at several times the speed of light[100][101] and also swing Mjolnir at several times the speed of light while his strength was reduced in half.[95] It has been established that the SPEED of Thor's hammer transcends both time & space.[102] In addition, Thor can appear anywhere across the UNIVERSE or other dimensions in just seconds.[103][104] Thor could visually detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happened when Thor was the target of artillery fire[80] and when he saw the speedy Hermes.[105]) Hela once stated that Thor is as fast as the lightning he commands.[89] Thor can twirl his cape so fast that he creates a tornado.[106]

Superhuman Stamina: Thor's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human and most other Asgardians. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to hold his breath for an undefined period of time, and exert himself at peak capacity for months without TIRING at all.[107] Using the Belt of Strength also doubles his stamina.[89] While in the state of Warrior's Madness, THOR's stamina also increased tenfold.[108][109]

Superhuman Senses: Thor's superhuman sense's allow him to see objects as far out as the edge of the SOLAR SYSTEM,[110] allow him to track objects traveling faster than light,[111] and hear cries from the other side of the planet.[112]

Healing Factor: As stated previously, Thor is not invulnerable to all harm and it is possible to injure him. But due to Thor’s unique physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than a human being could. Thor has displayed the ability to regenerate his liver when it was vitrified,[113] and was able to heal his two broken wrists in a matter of hours.[114][115] This healing factor is said to be much stronger than that of the typical Asgardian God. With the use of Mjolnir Thor can also regenerate his clothes.

Longevity: It is a common misconception that Thor and the other Gods of Asgard are truly immortal. Thor and the other members of his race do age but at a rate so SLOW that to other beings they give the appearance of immortality. Thor has been stated to be thousands of years old which makes his life span incomparable to that of the human beings which he protects. When the Asgardians consume the Golden Apples that are cultivated by the goddess Idunn, they are able to maintain themselves in their physical prime.

Super Breath: Thor can use his breath to create hurricane force winds.[46]

Flight: Thor has shown the ability to fly[116][117][118] and levitate[119] without his hammer.

Self Sustenance: He is capable of surviving in THE VACUUM of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep.[120]

Thor comic gal-thumb-400x441-10602

THOR the God of Thunder

Earth Control: After his resurrection, Thor has accepted his heritage as a child of the Elder Goddess Gaea and gained the ability to control the Earth. He has demonstrated this ability by being able to create continental-spanning chasms and earthquakes that are off the Richter Scale in the Earth itself.[121] He can control landslides and avalanches.[62]

Transcend Dimensions: When he was trapped in the Tesseract (a pocket UNIVERSE prison) from the Collector, Thor determined the boundaries of the Tesseract and escaped.[122]

Energy Manipulation: Thor has stated that he relies on the power of Mjolnir too often. Mjolnir does afford powers and abilities that he would not normally have, but Mjolnir is a tool, and Thor has NATURAL energy manipulation abilities without Mjolnir. During Ragnarok, Thor had seen his family and friends fall to Loki's army and he reached down into himself for strength he never realized before and projected an energy blast so powerful that he knocked out Durok the Demolisher, who was so powerful that Thor, even with Mjolnir, was barely able to hold his own against. He can always projects omni-directional blast.[18]

Lightning/Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel his storm abilities but he is capable of discharging lightning bolts from his hands.[123] He also summoned a lightning bolt from the sky without Mjolnir to strike Hogun to revive him from near death.[124] He summoned a lightning bolt to strike Hercules to break his grip on him.[125] He once mended together a badly damaged moon with his lightning.[36]

Rain: Thor can summon rain without the use of Mjolnir. Thor called down rain to bless that land where Kurse fell during Ragnarok.[126]

Memory Alteration: Thor calls this the 'Gift of Forgetfulness'. He took away Jane Foster's memories of her being kidnapped by Loki[127] and a reporter's experience in Asgard.[128]

All-Tongue: When Thor speaks with the All-Tongue anyone who hears him will hear him speak their native language in their hearts.[129]

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: you still aren't providing facts or scans. odin only had that temporary bounded thors powers to mjolnir during that whole bit to teach humility which was marvels way of giving him a weakness. thor shown time & time again his powers without his hammer. controlling weather, his super strength, durability, his earth manipulation. how can his earth manipulation come from mjolnir if that power has nothing to do with odin or mjolnir what so ever?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1 said:

Worthiness Enchantment

Mystical Link

Weather Control

Flight

Energy Sensing

Teleportation

Matter Manipulation

Resurrection

Alpha Particles

Nether World Power

Illusion detection

Absorption of Life

Superhuman Strength (One of the physically strongest beings of the universe),

Durability (Has taken blast of celestial, destroyer and Odin without injuries, Wolwerine's adamantium claws left just few scratches),

Speed (His maximum running speed is greater than even the best human athlete. + In few times when is shown Thor flying without Mjölnir he fly pretty fast.),

Senses ( ''Allow hi to see objects as far out as the edge of the solar system'' and he can hear babys cries another side of the planet. ,

Stamina (Can battle years without sleep, food/water or even oxygen. His body secrete lactic acid much slower than humans or even asgardians.),

Self sustenance (''He is capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep.'' ''Thor virtual invulnerability and immunity to such human ailments as diseases, toxins, poisons, corrosives, fire, electrocution, asphyxiation, lead, and radiation poisoning. Thor can drink mead all day long and not get drunk.''),

Life-force/God-blast (Against common knowledge this is Thor's own power. He can and has used it without Mjölnir)

Healing Factor (Far better than normal asgardian)

Longevity (Longer than normal asgardian),

Super Breath,

Levitate/Flight,

Energy Manipulation (Equal to Silver Surfer),

Lightning/Electrokinesis ,

Wheather manipulation,

Earth control,

Memory Alteration,

Transcend dimensions (He escaped Tesseract dimension where collector was put him without Mjölnir.),

Resistance of mind (Can resist mind control or telepathy.) Can resist also magic. ,

Magic (Created once magic illusion)

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: You are forgetting who is Thor mother.The fact is Thor time and time again has shown that without the hammer he is not much at all. He just has his super Strength,Durability, not much.Even in (God butcher story arc) Thor without a hammer was simply nothing just a warrior at his peak This was Thor in the past without any hammer.Even in the uncanny avengers even the genius apocalypse said he was nothing without a good weapon This was Thor again no Hammer.To make it even better make any thread on here Thor without his hammer against Superman, Hulk or Wonder Woman and you would see how badly he lose.Tons of times we see Thor get smack around in comics because he did not have the hammer, if what you are saying is true he would not need the hammer.Odin would not need to create a weapon for him why is that past Thor without the hammer is nothing?Do you get it now.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uugieboogie
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@tensor: You are still not showing proof, show me scans of thor getting smacked around. & does he not having a lot of strength? he lifted the midgard serpant & moved the world tree with his hands so what are you talking about? He broke chains made to hold 10 giants, he crushed a tank & make it into a hammer with this bare hands. He's matched strength with hercules on multiple occasions, he's fought hulk to a stand for hours with just his hands & it was savage hulk. he broke adamantium binds with just his muscles. he's crushed uru metal to dust. he's done so much stuff WITHOUT mjolnir. All your saying is odin this & odin that & he gets beat all the time without his hammer. Please show me all these times he's been beaten without his hammer. & DO NOT QUOTE NO DAMN CARTOON OR MOVIE. If you cant do that than this conversation is over.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@tensor: You are still not showing proof, show me scans of thor getting smacked around. & does he not having a lot of strength? he lifted the midgard serpant & moved the world tree with his hands so what are you talking about? He broke chains made to hold 10 giants, he crushed a tank & make it into a hammer with this bare hands. He's matched strength with hercules on multiple occasions, he's fought hulk to a stand for hours with just his hands & it was savage hulk. he broke adamantium binds with just his muscles. he's crushed uru metal to dust. he's done so much stuff WITHOUT mjolnir. All your saying is odin this & odin that & he gets beat all the time without his hammer. Please show me all these times he's been beaten without his hammer. & DO NOT QUOTE NO DAMN CARTOON OR MOVIE. If you cant do that than this conversation is over.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: If you read what I said.I said all Thor has is Durability and Super Strength when he does not have his hammer.

In all the scans you have posted only one is where he did not use his hammer and that was from The Ragnarok Story arc.Like I said to you earlier they are only a 2 or 3 comics where he has done a little without the hammer.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Am I the only one that see's your debate with Laurencio Romano? You posted a lot of the same nonsense and provided scans that backed up you claims but Laurencio showed the whole story behind your scans proving that you either showed Non Canon Marvel scans or you picked and chose only little bits that misrepresented the real story. How can you still say those things when he clearly showed you that you were not being honest?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antoniovese: he's either a Thor hater or just a troll. I clearly just showed him scans & facts & he still has not shown scans or facts to prove his side. He keep saying the same bs over & over again lol

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: He had his hammer in his hands in only about 3 of thoe scans above & his hammer in did something in 1 of of those 3 scans it was in & that was the lava scan. All it did was harden the lava so he wouldnt sink. You still have not shown anything back your theory. This conversation is over you're clearly a Thor hater or just another troll.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.