Thor's future design?

#1 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Marvel plan to make Thor's design this? I actually love the design. It makes him look badass. Swords FTW ! What do you think?

#2 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it looks great. Love the sword, gloves and especially the helmet - more iron and less feathers = more badass and less Wagner opera ;)

Wish he had longer hair though

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32157 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like it to

#4 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs a cape.

#5 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it. It makes Thor look like a generic fantasy character as opposed to the superhero I prefer. The cape from Coipel's design was the last remaining superheroic element of the costume, and now even that's gone. It's like all the color was sucked out of Thor, replaced instead by two goofy swords :(

#6 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I hate it. It makes Thor look like a generic fantasy character as opposed to the superhero I prefer. The cape from Coipel's design was the last remaining superheroic element of the costume, and now even that's gone. It's like all the color was sucked out of Thor, replaced instead by two goofy swords :(

I could see where your coming from, but the swords you have to agree are badass. We will probably get to see some of Thor's legendary fighting skills with them. I can see him channeling his lightning through them too.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like ribics design, In fact that might just be my favorite Thor costume.

#8 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath

Me personally - I don't really like them. The two swords on the back look like a fantasy hero cliche - I much prefer Thor just having Mjolnir. That being said, the idea of Thor channeling lightning with different weapons does sound pretty cool - imagine him doing it with an axe or a flail.

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@thundergodswrath

Me personally - I don't really like them. The two swords on the back look like a fantasy hero cliche - I much prefer Thor just having Mjolnir. That being said, the idea of Thor channeling lightning with different weapons does sound pretty cool - imagine him doing it with an axe or a flail.

True, and that would be cool !

#10 Posted by Teerack (5202 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure they scrapped this.

#11 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty awesome but.. i cant see the point of the swords. Having a weapon like Mjolnir is more than enough.

#12 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

needs more cape. The helmet looks good though. Swords are too generic. If they have enchantments they could work.

#13 Edited by PowerHerc (80707 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to shabby.

Thor doesn't need a sword, though. He already has the ultimate weapon.

#14 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say recolor the skirt thing. Make it the same red as his previous cape, and it's pretty great.

#15 Posted by sagejonathan (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pretty epic. I've been wondering where this design has gone.

#16 Edited by Mekboy (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, just needs a cape imo.

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Well technically they are using it just sometime it has the arms on but most of the time they are off.

#18 Edited by Pyrogram (34328 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when did he need SWORDS!?

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like ribics design, In fact that might just be my favorite Thor costume.

Toss on a beard and it's the best look for Thor ever!

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Never understood why thor shaves as having Beard is important in Norse mythology. :P

#21 Posted by Vortex13 (12221 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Agreed. It also looks a little closer to what actual Norse men war in battle. Which of course makes me happy.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

Agreed. It also looks a little closer to what actual Norse men war in battle. Which of course makes me happy.

And it would make him unbelievably epic! Just look at Hemsworth!

#23 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#24 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

And it would make him unbelievably epic! Just look at Hemsworth!

BEARDS! THEY MAKE MEN MANLIER!

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Pyrogram (34328 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

just need some colour!what is it steath thor?

#30 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away the swords and add a cape.

#31 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

seems 90's ish

#32 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks too much like a random MMO character, but other than that pretty cool. Throw some unique color on there (infused with Asgardian macguffin if there needs to be a reason)

#33 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Quesada's design sucks. The way Esad Ribic draws Thor is ideal. Daniel Acuna's rendition is nice as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.