Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor: Ragnarok a buddy film?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By william300

So, Mark Ruffalo has gone on record saying that though he doesn't know too much about Thor: Ragnarok, but he believes it will be a buddy film exploring the relationship between Thor and Banner. Gotta say, I don't like this. The whole point of the Thor films is that you can go to other dimensions, have fantasy adventures away from the heroes of Earth. And I was hoping Thor: Ragnarok to be about a war between Asgard and Surtur. What do you think?

http://www.slashfilm.com/hulk-thor-ragnarok-buddy-movie/

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

Ruffalo

I don’t really know that much about it, but I think it’s going to be a buddy picture with Thor and Bruce Banner,”

Apparently M. Ruffalo doesn't know much about the movie, but (understandably) still wants to keep making headlines for his new movie Spotlight...

This click bait world that currently we live in, is pathetic... Yea sites want more clicks, i guess it's up to the fans to filter what is relevant and what isn't, apparently and unfortunately most of the fans also like to feed the bait click world, so some discussions are just pointless...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i won't rage until mid 2016.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read about this online. I wouldn't mind a Thor and hulk buddy film usually, but not for Ragnarok and not for what will probably be Thor's last solo film. He doesn't need to share the spotlight in his own movie, he doesn't need to get his ass kicked in his own movie when he's supposed to be strong enough to stop the asgardians from all dying, he doesn't need hulks help to fight anyone, and Ragnarok should be all about the asgardians. I don't know if marvel was just too lazy to give hulk his own movie or what but hulk shouldn't be in Ragnarok.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all useless conjecture at this point. Once they start filming we'll get a better idea of what the movie will look like.

A Thor/Hulk buddy film makes no sense since they're billing this thing as "Ragnarok" or as Feige said "The end of all things." They just found a director so I doubt Ruffalo knows much about anything.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Ruffalo

I don’t really know that much about it, but I think it’s going to be a buddy picture with Thor and Bruce Banner,”

Apparently M. Ruffalo doesn't know much about the movie, but (understandably) still wants to keep making headlines for his new movie Spotlight...

Well I'm sure people are throwing questions at him and hes just telling them what

1. he knows
    2. hes allowedto say
    3. his best guess/speculation

dont think theres any need to make it sound so opportunistic.

It's all useless conjecture at this point. Once they start filming we'll get a better idea of what the movie will look like.

A Thor/Hulk buddy film makes no sense since they're billing this thing as "Ragnarok" or as Feige said "The end of all things." They just found a director so I doubt Ruffalo knows much about anything.

Well I'm sure he knows something since he just signed on and doubtless had discussions about what the movie was about. And i'm not sure that Waititi will be doing much rewriting.

I think the Thor/Hulk cosmic road trip/buddy film makes sense enough - I'm not sure why people are expecting this Ragnorak to be quite so mythological and pre-determined given the way the Asgardians are portrayed in the movies (i.e. aliens and not Gods). There may well just be a prophecy that foretells of a big apocalyptic battle that is used to hype things up. Hell as far as Marvel are concerned i wouldn't be surprised if Ragnorak just meant "big franchise-ending fight" in this context.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do whatever you want then Marvel/Disney, just stop calling it "Ragnarok". Maybe if they finally get around to making a "Planet Hulk" movie it can be all about his trip to the laundromat which inspires him and his wife Pepper Potts to conquer the dry cleaning industry. It may not be exactly the same, but eh, who cares, close enough, it will bring in the Gingers and a percentage of the Asian market, good for the bottom line.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@fifthchild:

Why are you so sure?

Mark Ruffalo

“I don’t know what the story is yet"

"but it’ll be (Loki) and Thor, and then I’ll be in there here and there"

Because theres an obvious difference between not knowing the actual story (which Ruffalo couldnt disclose anyway) and knowing quite a bit about what the project will be about, how it might end, what sort of tone it will have, how much screentime he can expect etc.

No the trip/buddy film doesn't make any sense in a Ragnarok movie, Hulk fans just want that their favorite character role is as relevant as possible, but hard to run way from the title that Feige specifically said was about the "end of all things"...

I'd say it doesnt make any sense in the version of the movie that you have imagined but i think if you are expecting something with much similarity to the Ragnorak of myth or even the comics you are likely to be disappointed. But how about this:

"Thor and Hulk must journey across the entirety of the nine worlds, to the very edge of the known universe in order to prevent Loki from bringing about the end of all things"

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild:

I m expecting a Thor movie... You know because it's Thor Ragnarok... Civil War also will be a Cap movie even if the theme in this movie is so inclusive, at least that was what Feige also said...

My story involves Hela as Thanos death (introduced in Dr. Strange along with Dormammu) she wants to feed her world, and perhaps with Loki's help, (she is the reason why he still is alive and perhaps her realm is where is Odin now) they free Surtur the Ragnarok begins, the event is so powerful that has Thanos attention and he becomes fascinated with Hela, although he only wants the Infinity stones for their power, it's Hela who manipulates Thanos to destroy what the Ragnarok couldn't... The Infinity War begins... I like the Hulk character but he is mundane in Asgard or cosmic he just can't add anything...

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I m expecting a Thor movie... You know because it's Thor Ragnarok... Civil War also will be a Cap movie even if the theme in this movie is so inclusive, at least that was what Feige also said...

I'm expecting a Thor movie - I dont know what gave you the impression i wasnt. But I'm not going to be surprised if the Ragnorak of the movie has little relation to that of the comics/myths beyond being a potentially apocalyptic event.

My story involves Hela as Thanos death (introduced in Dr. Strange along with Dormammu) she wants to feed her world, and perhaps with Loki's help, (she is the reason why he still is alive and perhaps her realm is where is Odin now) they free Surtur the Ragnarok begins, the event is so powerful that has Thanos attention and he becomes fascinated with Hela, although he only wants the Infinity stones for their power, it's Hela who manipulates Thanos to destroy what the Ragnarok couldn't... The Infinity War begins... I like the Hulk character but he is mundane in Asgard or cosmic he just can't add anything...

Well I disagree that the Hulk can't add anything to Cosmic stories or that he is "mundane" in that arena. But I doubt we will ever agree on that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild:

I'm expecting a Thor movie - I dont know what gave you the impression i wasnt. But I'm not going to be surprised if the Ragnorak of the movie has little relation to that of the comics/myths beyond being a potentially apocalyptic event.

I still believe in Feige...

Well I disagree that the Hulk can't add anything to Cosmic stories or that he is "mundane" in that arena. But I doubt we will ever agree on that.

I think a lot of people can't understand that power isn't necessarily connected with different beliefs systems, what i mean is that Asgardians (even with the Mcu approach) don't share most of the Midgardian "mundane" beliefs, the Hulk can add what Iron Man and Cap also can add, which is almost nothing, this characters need very special circumstances to fit cosmic and Asgardian stories, fact that Jane and Darcy are the worse parts in Thor movies, i think we can agree that felt natural Sif and Volstagg interaction with the Collector, but i don't see the same work with most of the characters that are not part of Thor and GotG franchises... Perhaps the Asgardians and their knowledge will help to develop the Dr. Hyde and Mr Jekyll concept (that for now is kinda poor in the Mcu) but still feels forced the Hulk inclusion in the Ragnarok movie...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.