thor or ultimate thor

• 68 results
#1 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you like better

#2 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ultimate Thor - especially the concept of is he/isn't he a god - is it all in his mind etc, but original Thor still rules.
Post Edited:2007-07-12 12:58:13

#3 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering regular Tor only just became alive again, that's not really very fair but I'd say regular Thor.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the death of Odin and the Ragnarök story arc, I would have said Ultimate Thor. Hopefully Thor will be written like a badass now that he's returned, but I'm afraid the Donald Blake persona is going to have too much influence, so he may wimp out far too often.

For now, I'll say I like them fairly equally.

#5 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

i like ultimate thor hammer and his clothes

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I wish 616 Thor's new costume had been more like that. I'm not sure I really like his new look, but I do think it's better than his old costume.

#7 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Yeah, I wish 616 Thor's new costume had been more like that. I'm not sure I really like his new look, but I do think it's better than his old costume.
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/168676-thor_400.jpg"

it so is

#8 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I love 616 Thor. Especially the way he was done in his own comic. If you only knew him from the Avengers, you would have thought he was rather dumb and not nearly as powerful as the character was supposed to be. I do hope they make him a badass, no matter what book he is in, this time.

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, written correctly, Thor is potentially one of the best characters in Marvel's portfolio. He is also one of the most powerful if written correctly.

#10 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I love 616 Thor. Especially the way he was done in his own comic. If you only knew him from the Avengers, you would have thought he was rather dumb and not nearly as powerful as the character was supposed to be. I do hope they make him a badass, no matter what book he is in, this time."

that would be cool if he was a badass but not like the cyborg thor badass

#11 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Yeah, written correctly, Thor is potentially one of the best characters in Marvel's portfolio. He is also one of the most powerful if written correctly."

Definitely and I hope they take the effort to show him as such. I mean if he is too powerful for the villain you have taking on the Avengers in a certain comic, then dont have him show up. Why water any of your characters down?

#12 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Prodigious Man says:
"Yeah, written correctly, Thor is potentially one of the best characters in Marvel's portfolio. He is also one of the most powerful if written correctly."
Definitely and I hope they take the effort to show him as such. I mean if he is too powerful for the villain you have taking on the Avengers in a certain comic, then dont have him show up. Why water any of your characters down?"

you know what would be cool if he join the resitaince i spelled the word wrong

#13 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ultimate Thor is way more interesting than regular Thor. Is he a god, or is he just crazy?

#14 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Walt Simonson Thor WAS Thor! Every Thor since has paled in comparison.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor (616), easily.
#16 Posted by Erik (31772 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thor is so much better. But I actually really liked Ultimate Thor until the writers changed and decided to have him speak in nordic tongue. All that did was make Ultimate Thor into a copy of 616 Thor only with a beard. It was such a waste. The Hippy Thor had such potential. It was my biggest Ultimate universe letdown and I am a Wolverine fan. 

#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate easily, he just so much more hardcore, and grizzled.

#18 Posted by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" Ultimate easily, he just so much more hardcore, and grizzled. "
Yet to see him kill anyone. 

Gotta be 616 Thor.
#19 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but 616-Thor has the edge.

#20 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7595 posts) - - Show Bio

616 current Thor.

#21 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Original Thor is cooler. Ultimate Thor has a better hammer and goatee tho.

#22 Posted by darkstorm1 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thor. 
#23 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

dan jurgens did a great job with thor and really made me a fan with his work so i'll say original thor although i do like what mark millar did with ultimate thor too !!!

#24 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Current Thor! For Odin. For Asgard!!!!!!!!!

#25 Posted by seekquaze (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Thor.  Ultimate Thor started out with some potential.  I didn't care much for the overly large hammer/ax, but his personality had potential as a modern take.  I did not like him lowered to being the punching bag of the Ultimate Universe, but he still had good personality.  Then Loeb got a hold of him and turned him into a bad copy of his mainstream version.

#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both personally. they cater to different tastes to me

#27 Edited by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate pales in comparison to 616, in every aspect, for me, as good as Ultimate is.
#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
" 616 current Thor. "
#29 Posted by desmond006 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate thor, he has facial hair and thats what norse mythology is all about.
#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

616. Still gotta read the new Ultimate Thor series though

#31 Posted by Valkyrja (24 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thor, no competition. The big stupid axehammer annoys me so much. Mjollnir is a hammer. No blade attached, just a blunt mallet with a short handle. That's how it was in the mythology, that's how it was in the comics, and changing it was a dumb idea. His facial hair makes him seem more grizzled, but not in a badass way, in a mentally ill hippie hobo way. The mythic and archaic quality of Thor is what makes the comic special and they completely discarded it for a "modern" take, which depicts him as needing serious help instead of having control. And then when they DO decide to bring the nordic speak and everything back, it comes off as being a cheap version of real Thor.

I do agree that Marvel has to stop making Thor such a wuss, though. Watering down characters for the sake of plot just makes fans angry. We buy these comics to see our favorite heroes lay the smackdown on the bad guys, not be rendered helpless by unexplained power loss to continue the storyline.

#32 Posted by War Killer (19995 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like the concept of Ultimate Thor better, the whole, "Is he a god? Is he crazy?" aspect of the character was interesting and was fun to read as we even as readers were made to be unsure if this guy was a lunatic or a true Asgardian. I do like how they've kind of combined the two version together in the Thor movie, from what I've seen so far, Thor will be much like his Ultimate version where he'll always be Thor and will be seen in normal clothing and not just his armor, but like 616, Thor seems to have picked up the name "Donald Blake" as a cover name when he arrives on Midgard (Earth) banished, so instead of it being two people, sharing a body and being able to switch back and fourth, now it's one guy, one God of Thunder.

#33 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Thor

#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thor is much more powerful, and if written well a better character 

#35 Posted by lazyturtle (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Ultimate version..mental patient, hippy, environmentalist crusader...yea. Cool super hero.

#36 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazyturtle said:
" I love the Ultimate version..mental patient, hippy, environmentalist crusader...yea. Cool super hero. "
agreed 

like both.
#37 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are cool. But I can't really pick a favorite.

#38 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is a Thor out there who has someone take his hammer and beat him with it, that is an imposter.  If his hammer is not Mjolnir, he is an imposter.  If this Thor is not acting like his Father created this world, He is an imposter.

#39 Posted by MethodMan008 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Ultimate Thor..  

He is my favorite character in the Ultimate Universe... either him or Hawkeye.. 

And I haven't read really any of the 616 Universe books so it is Ultimate by default.

#40 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio
@-000 said:
"

I think Ultimate Thor is way more interesting than regular Thor. Is he a god, or is he just crazy?

"

yeah i liked that about him too but ultimate Thor was eventually revealed to be a god just like 616 Thor 
616 Thor is better imo
#41 Posted by tensor (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate thor is the winner for me ,but so far astonishing thor series is pretty sweet i like how they are doing it

#42 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both...

#43 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
616 Thor for me.
#44 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate thor looks soo hot and awesome but "616" is more stronger.
#45 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

616 like every marvel character

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

As a character, 616 takes the cake. Visually they are close, but I prefer the beard and more grizzled look of Ultimate. Why does 616 look like a pretty boy?

#47 Posted by TransgressionsofSociety (195 posts) - - Show Bio

616 thor is cooler and stronger.

#48 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Thor better than Ultimate Thor.

#49 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
lol seeing the responses here i would hate to see how many fans Thor would lose if he were ever depowered like Hercules or even lost a percentage of his abilities.

Power and strength shouldn't be the reasons why one appreciates a character. We have all seen how much that fluctuates. Who knows how Thor will be after the end of Fear Itself. 
Take Hercules for example, he is depowered and no stronger than the peak human but his series and character still rock.

Love the character..not the power =)
#50 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thor all the way!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.