Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Odinson's whereabouts?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After Thor and Hyperion supposedly died, is there any news about what's actually happened to him? There seems to be next to no information about Thor.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah.. hyperion is shown on the all new different marvel image but no thor..

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Marvel is just that intent on having Thordis being the god(dess) of thunder they're willing to go all the way and eliminate the real Thor from the MU... "Hey, nothing to argue about now, is there guys? Enjoy the imposter, cos it's either that or nothing" I really hope they're not THAT spiteful, but given how much they care about fan concerns I wouldn't put it past them at this point. Just seems really odd to have Hyperion return and Thor is a no show...

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... I read the issue and Thor definitely seems to be gone for now. He is either in the Beyonder's dimension, his soul is lost in some other realm, or he is dead floating space near the Beyonder's portal. Pretty coincidental that he earned his worthiness again seconds before death. You know, it's comics though. Doubt he is really dead.

When did Hyperion come back?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By titing2101

Yeah... I read the issue and Thor definitely seems to be gone for now. He is either in the Beyonder's dimension, his soul is lost in some other realm, or he is dead floating space near the Beyonder's portal. Pretty coincidental that he earned his worthiness again seconds before death. You know, it's comics though. Doubt he is really dead.

When did Hyperion come back?

dont know yet when/how will hyperion come back but he is in the image poster of all new different marvel.. Here:

No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

Actually if we all think outside of the Thor fan boys box, the best thing that could happen to Thor was if he didn't come back after Secret Wars, better "dead" that constantly butchered and sacrificed just to support Thordis story that doesn't have nothing to do with Asgard, obviously the whisper was just a fast tool to allow the new creative decisions and currently Aaron's doesn't have plans/story for Thor, so if Thor could continue "dead" Thordis story would end faster because it's not a Thor story and without "who is she" plot and Thor in Asgard, there aren't many possible stories to tell with Jane besides her current disease and that would have immediate impact (after the first issues) in this comic sales next year, Aaron's crappy book current sales were also supported by some Thor the son of Odin fans, so i really hope Thor doesn't come back after Secret Wars...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I'm definitely with you on that idea, been thinking for a while that if Marvel is going to crap all over Thor and show him such disrespect better they keep him dead so the fans don't have to suffer the constant shame and disappointment.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better that he stays in limbo so that goofy, "loyal" fanboys wont buy the Jane-as-Thor title for the reason of "Thor's still in the book." They'll save themselves money and stress, and once sales drop enough Aaron will finish his story and perhaps a more suited writer will take over Thor duties.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: gotta agree with you, yes I know it's weird but it's true.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tigerkaya

I hope Jason leaves Marvel and goes back to writing crappy Indie comics.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@asgaard: Agreed. I'd rather him be dead than have to be Aaron's butt monkey. Hopefully him appearing on the wraparound cover of the new book is just the artist just adding him there for grins and giggles. I'd say the same for BRB but Aaron's already confirmed him to appear in the book. Tough break, Beta Ray, tough luck.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GoodBoy6

when anybody ask me "who Thor is"I will just say I dont know cause I dont recognize him anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.