THOR Movie Discussion

• 184 results
#1 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Tony's issues with the film were preconceived notions going in based on the previous Thor movie discussion. I heard he broke his armor by being TOO buff, and needed to stop working out before they started shooting. Sara, he would've been buffer, except it would be too expensive to remake the armor that was sculpted to his body specifically.

#2 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt a fan of the amount of screentime earth got...wouldve prefered alot more asgard...and a lot less natalie portman.

#3 Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic: If you watch and listen to the other video, it should be a little obvious I wasn't completely serious. Seems some people missed that.
Staff
#4 Posted by SC (12992 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah... you guys are lucky you (ironically) aren't Australian or near there... and uhm, used to study whilst watching Home and Away.... 

Cool vid! 
#5 Edited by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit: The video did have a little spoiler in it, i guess I'll put this on hold

#6 Edited by sora_thekey (8162 posts) - - Show Bio

1:46 into the video and they are still talking about shirtless Hemsworth.
I will end up reviewing the movie but just wanted to make a point.
The Bad: The 3D. Not worth watching it in 3D! 

The Good: Everything else!
The Best: All of the comic book fan stuff that were added. Barton the scene after the credits and something else which people don't seem to be mentioning a lot...

Natalie Portman mentioned she signed for sequels!
#7 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED THE MOVIE

#8 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited! I want to see this movie and seeing this review got me ready to see it!!!!!
#9 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" Hah... you guys are lucky you (ironically) aren't Australian or near there... and uhm, used to study whilst watching Home and Away.... 

Cool vid! 
"
Booooooooooooooooooooo! Neighbours all the way!
#10 Posted by MichaelBach (65 posts) - - Show Bio

HD download initiated. Saw the movie here in Mexico Friday, awesome movie. I hope you guys considers a spoilercast!

#11 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, gonna have to disagree on one thing.The best casting I've seen in a Marvel Studios film was Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. When I watched Iron Man I didn't see Robert Downey Jr. playing Tony Stark, I saw Tony Frakin Stark. It just so happens that they're the same person, so it's easy to make that mistake :P

#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8162 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69: I dropped it... Better safe than sorry!
#13 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED the movie, which is surprising since I normally don't like Thor. This is a version that I can really get behind though, and I look forward to seeing him in Avengers.

#14 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:

" 1:46 into the video and they are still talking about shirtless Hemsworth.
I will end up reviewing the movie but just wanted to make a point.
The Bad: The 3D. Not worth watching it in 3D!  The Good: Everything else!
The Best: All of the comic book fan stuff that were added. Barton the scene after the credits and something else which people don't seem to be mentioning a lot...

Natalie Portman mentioned she signed for sequels!

"

Oh Joy...more needless romance. Thor should be with Sif, and Blake with Foster. Sense there's no Blake why have Sif? Also my biggest concern is that Thor will be made worthy to wield Miljonir due to the power of love (via Foster) making him humble. I hope to God that's not how it plays out or I'm walking out of  the theater. 

Better than Iron Man/Iron Man 2? Those are pretty big words guys.
#15 Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#16 Posted by Stange88 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome!!!

#17 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Rorie was not amused. 

#18 Edited by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Kamikaze: What do you expect? There weren't any puppies...

Staff
#19 Posted by niamahai (39 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @JonesDeini: I didn't wanna say it during the video but
"

***SPOILERS ****
Penis envy.

There were times I felt like being the hysterical black women going 
"DAT NOT HOW IT SUPPOSE TO BE!"

*** RANTING MAD PERSON ***

A huge chunk of Thor's production budget was spent on:
.   Chris Hemsworth  gyms fees
. rendering CGI Asgard
. the CGI fight (beginning and end)

The villainy of Loki isn't exactly clear in the movie. If it was about Loki killing Balder, framing Thor for the murder thus leading him to be banish AND instigating Ragnorak WHILE bedding Sif, that would've been more awesome.

.... why cast an Asian dude as Fandral (Idris Elba was bad enough)...
#20 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Im afraid to see this movie. I feel like ill be let down. Its had such mixed reviews. Most positive. But a lot of the people i trust with movies havent really enjoyed it.
Ive heard time and time again that it was just OKAY. And a lot of comic fans i know didnt like the movie at all.
Most of the people i know are film people and i tend to agree with them a lot. IM SCARED. I hope i dont get let down.
And if this isnt as good as i want it to be then Captain America better do me some justice.

#21 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing's worth watching in 3D...especially if you can't see it! I seriously want to shoot James Cameron for making this 3D propaganda so dang viral. Anyways, I'm still psyched to see the movie but a little disappointed to hear Earth gets more screen than Asgard. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

#22 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@niamahai said:
" @G-Man said:
" @JonesDeini: I didn't wanna say it during the video but
"

***SPOILERS ****
Penis envy.

There were times I felt like being the hysterical black women going 

*** RANTING MAD PERSON ***

A huge chunk of Thor's production budget was spent on:
.   Chris Hemsworth  gyms fees
. rendering CGI Asgard
. the CGI fight (beginning and end)

The villainy of Loki isn't exactly clear in the movie. If it was about Loki killing Balder, framing Thor for the murder thus leading him to be banish AND instigating Ragnorak WHILE bedding Sif, that would've been more awesome.

.... why cast an Asian dude as Fandral (Idris Elba was bad enough)...
"
LMAO
#23 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

An awesome film.
#24 Posted by LB70145 (191 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by MichaelBach (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely with Norm and Sarah on this one,  stars in my book!

FYI, I totally forgot to stay through the credits...  :(
#26 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing it this weekend for, of all things, Mother's Day!

My mom loves superhero movies... or maybe she just wants to see shirtless Chris Hemsworth.
#27 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:

Better than Iron Man/Iron Man 2?
"
Smite thee with the ban hammer

#28 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm going to agree with either G-Man or Sara. I'll have to wait to see the movie.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie has already made 100 million dollars over seas so why are people still asking if it will be successful? It already is successful, when it does open here it will already be starting on a high note. 

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio
@niamahai: The Asian dude was Hogun who has always been Asian in the comics, maybe try reading one before making asinine statements
#31 Posted by TheChaos (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang Rorie is looking really bored there.

#32 Posted by niamahai (39 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: 
read the wiki. whoops my bad. 
but still! clean cut asian! 
at least put on a fake beard to look the part!

<--started following Thor after the series re-boot. I always thought he is just drawn *that* way.
like.. Tyr. 

#33 Posted by Captain Solaris (125 posts) - - Show Bio

"...it made me see the movie more as a Shakesperean drama"

That's Kenneth Brannagh for you! Excellent introduction to Thor and the action scenes were enjoyable enough. Overall very good.

#34 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @niamahai: The Asian dude was Hogun who has always been Asian in the comics, maybe try reading one before making asinine statements "
Really? I've never thought of Hogun As Asian, though I guess his outfit could be seen as being Mongolian in origin. I know he's not an actual Asgardian, being neither AEsir or Vanir and is from another, mysterious land. Is there any comic where it's explicitly stated he's from Asia, especially the far east? Stan Lee's said he's directly modeled after Charles Bronson, who's of Lithuanian ancestry. So I've always thought of Hogun as being Eastern European. 
#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: He's almost always been portrayed as a Mongolian type character
#36 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I, myself, cannot wait to see Thor!

@JonesDeini
said:

" @joshmightbe said:

" @niamahai: The Asian dude was Hogun who has always been Asian in the comics, maybe try reading one before making asinine statements "

Really? I've never thought of Hogun As Asian, though I guess his outfit could be seen as being Mongolian in origin. I know he's not an actual Asgardian, being neither AEsir or Vanir and is from another, mysterious land. Is there any comic where it's explicitly stated he's from Asia, especially the far east? Stan Lee's said he's directly modeled after Charles Bronson, who's of Lithuanian ancestry. So I've always thought of Hogun as being Eastern European.  "
Like the other said, he's a Mongolian,I always represented him as a sort of "Hun"-inspired character.
And you can use an actor/person as inspiration, be it in traits or comportment, for a completely different character (in ethnicity, race, etc..)
#37 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz: 
Dig, I get how he can be Mongolian, but I've always seen him as being a Hun barbarian. 
#38 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: Yeah, exactly!
#39 Posted by The Mast (788 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much had all the same issues save for that dude's issue with The Warriors Three.

The biggest thing I took away from this and the reactions from many viewers is that Marvel shouldn't compromise as much for the common viewer. If someone doesn't read the comics, don't cater to them. Don't avoid putting things in just because of them.

Like, Quesada has talked about taking the Marvel Cinematic Universe and making additional fiction for them. WHY? If you make these movies for people who don't necessarily read the comics, why make comics based on them? Focus on US. We're the ones who support the medium.

#40 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Be more listless and jaded, Rorie. Seriously.

#41 Posted by Loki9876 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome and how he escaped was weird but they were still following him I quess they knew they didn't get any info about thor and they would have a better chance if they followed him

#42 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Fast Five and Thor were released Spain last Friday. Fast Five beat Thor.
#43 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
" @JonesDeini said:

Better than Iron Man/Iron Man 2?
"
Smite thee with the ban hammer

"

INCREDIBLE!! I love this.

And I saw it here in the UK on opening day- it was FANTASTIC. Just wonderful. I blogged a little bit about it (here if you are interested) and trust me people, you will not be disappointed. From a cinematic point of view it was just incredible.
Perhaps I thought it was so good because just from a movie standpoint, not taking into account the comic history, it was fantastic. Visually stunning, and not just Asgard. There were some shots on earth that were just breathtakingly complex, meaningful, beautiful. Take it from someone who has spent his adult life studying films professionally- it is worth your time!

And even taking into account the comic history behind it, Sora is right. Branagh added tons of little nods to the die-hard fans. I have been a fan of Thor for a while now, and I was not disappointed.

#44 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR WAS A AWESOME MOVIE. I just finished watching it and the segment after the credits will make you drop. If anyone wants to know what they show you let me know. But just as a head up its going to be a big clue as to what the Avengers movie is going to be all about.

#45 Posted by SC (12992 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
" @SC said:
" Hah... you guys are lucky you (ironically) aren't Australian or near there... and uhm, used to study whilst watching Home and Away.... 

Cool vid! "
Booooooooooooooooooooo! Neighbours all the way! "

LMAO

"That's when good neighbours become good friends"
#46 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the new Hulk movie was the best Marvel movie.

#47 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are spoiling the movie for me... Thats my thing!!!

#48 Edited by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people always expect the movies to be exactly like the comics.

I'm a realist and I know that's not going to happen...but I will never let that ruin the movie for me.

I guarantee I will like this movie and I will buy the DvD once it's out.

I, for one, can actually appreciate a good "what if" live action story.

#49 Posted by Greendevil (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive seen it twice. And il see it again this weekend. Thor movie was a massive WIN for the fans!!!

SPOILER!!!!

some scewups exept Heimdal being Black and Hogun being Jacky Chan, and Volstag being fit!

Sif pierced through the destroyer armor with her spear = WTF???
Odin had both Eyes in the beginning, and it appeared he lost one during the battle against the frost-giants.

There where other things i reacted on but all in all. I loved the movie. Almost as much as the Incredible Hulk 2008! Both were awesome!

#50 Posted by Mucklefluga (2551 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
Did you get that shirt off Threadless??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.