Thor likes and dislike.

#1 Edited by Z3RO180 (6667 posts) - - Show Bio

So for me i Just like Thor as a whole he is one of my all time favorete superheros an i just like the character in genrale.My dislikes are prety much since JMS left thor some time ago Marvel has kind of got no idea what to do with thre character i mean since JMS left there have been good stories but not greatthis might just be my adnormaly high stanerds since i read JMS run on thor but come on the amount of PIS marvle do with not just thor but all there character is just dumb...ok that was a bit ranty but back on topic what are your Likes and Dislikes of Thor.

NOTE - I DO NOT want this to become a hate thread for any character so if you are going to troll on anything dount bother.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Thor's okay. I kinda like him, but I'm not a huge fan of the character or anything. He's also got alot more fans nowadays for some reason, probably due to his movie and The Avengers.

#3 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Likes- His looks, his demeanor, his speech, his abilities, his morality, his weapon, and his willingness to brawl with Hulk and Juggs when he could obviously finish the fight early.

Dislikes- The writers weakening him in fights or using him as a measuring stick for new characters. He doesn't use his speed, combat experience, or mystical abilities enough.

#4 Posted by Dernman (15428 posts) - - Show Bio

I like a lot of people do not like what they are doing with the current Thor Universe. Although I said many times Journey into Mystery is an underrated book.

People are talking about you. :p

#5 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I like a lot of people do not like what they are doing with the current Thor Universe. Although I said many times Journey into Mystery is an underrated book.

In my country is one of the most popular comicbook tittles.

#7 Posted by Dernman (15428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: I'm glad it's getting love somewhere.

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Eh, Thor's okay. I kinda like him, but I'm not a huge fan of the character or anything. He's also got alot more fans nowadays for some reason, probably due to his movie and The Avengers.

I'm rather meh about him as well. When I first starting reading my Dad's 80's comics he just came off as a hammer wielding idiot, but he seems much wiser as time passed

#9 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I'm glad it's getting love somewhere.

But I am not sure if they would continue publishing it, they published that tittle because Fear Itself, and they just finished to publish the event.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him, generally speaking. My biggest problem with him is that his character has become very diluted. The Thor I know and love would not have just "gotten over" what the Pro-Reg forces did to him. Sure, he beat Tony down once, but that was it. Suddenly they're the best of friends.  

That is NOT how a noble and proud god would respond to his great friend of many years betraying him on such a fundamental level. 

#11 Edited by SoA (5094 posts) - - Show Bio

likes - cool powers and one of the strongest in marvel, bc of him Beta Ray Bill exists lol, i read his mini series with eternals and reading current and i like it (im not the biggest thor fan) lol

dislikes- fans(and some writers) make him out to be stronger than he is , siege,

#12 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

likes - cool powers and one of the strongest in marvel, bc of him Beta Ray Bill exists lol, i read his mini series with eternals and reading current and i like it (im not the biggest thor fan) lol

dislikes- fans(and some writers) make him out to be stronger than he is , siege,

The God of Thunder should be even STRONGER!

#13 Posted by SoA (5094 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: when it comes to asgard stuff or cosmic stuff sure absolutely , but when he has to be watered down so he doesn't completely overshadow the avengers or earth based villains he sucks . he killed a god eater but gets flattened by the rhino , mystical enchantment or not , if he is half as powerful as he is made out to be he shouldnt be weaked like that , let him go fight god battles only lol

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6667 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: icompletely agree its what dc do with superman both him and thor should always be keep at a level where they stomp enimies from earth.

#15 Posted by tg1982 (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

Dislikes: He is too pridefull alot of times, and yes I know it's part of who he is, but sometimes I wish he'd just go all out on people, like Hulk, Juggs, you know?

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Likes: Very awesome character, and my favourite character... to much to say...so nuff said.

Dislike: Holds back to much and the writers should make him go all out on characters. There should be an Arc where he goes all out on marvel heroes because of a misunderstanding. ( Like the King Thor Arc ) I would love to see him kill Hulk, because i hate Hulk and would love to see his green a$$ destroyed! It would also show people who is the real strongest one is!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.