Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Ko'd by Emma Frost?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Was flicking through this Marvel graphic novel collection of various characters vs other characters last Saturday and came across one with Emma Frost beating Thor?! Can anyone tell me how the hell this happened?! What era Thor was this? Presumably not a recent story?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm guessing this was when Emma had the Phoenix Force.

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hel
    No Caption Provided

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RisingBean

@bezza: It's recent. As others have noted Emma was channeling the Phoenix.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pure crud! Horrible writing and one of the worst written series by marvel in a long time. It could have been a good storyline, but they dropped the ball on AVX!

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ownagepants
    tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be worse, at least he wasn't Hulk being KO by Black Widow from Avengers EMH.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be worse, at least he wasn't Hulk being KO by Black Widow from Avengers EMH.

That's pretty bad as well, just as bad as the time Batman kicked the Hulk! Ahhhh laughable moments !

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: also this one. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27620/3105815-0672343588-13123.jpg torture by snu, snu. From Hulk Future Imperfect.

I couldn't see that one, can you post a link!

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A vs X should 've been great, But after they gave 5 X-men each 1/5 the Phoenix Force each ,They became unstoppable, WHAT! .Even Though Thor Injured the Phoenix at full Power forcing it to recharge before continuing the battle w/Thor & Thor defeated a previous phoenix force wielder ,They Turn Thor into an X-man punching bag. As usual every time they do a Avengers vs. X-men/Mutant story arch it's always an X-men love fest, I wouldn't have mind Thor or the Avengers losing if it was written well, Thor, Hulk, Red Hulk nearly man handled by Namor at 1/5 Phoenix Strength, But Collosus nearly KO'D the original jean Gray Phoenix at full Power like everyone said terribly written

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A vs X should 've been great, But after they gave 5 X-men each 1/5 the Phoenix Force each ,They became unstoppable, WHAT! .Even Though Thor Injured the Phoenix at full Power forcing it to recharge before continuing the battle w/Thor & Thor defeated a previous phoenix force wielder ,They Turn Thor into an X-man punching bag. As usual every time they do a Avengers vs. X-men/Mutant story arch it's always an X-men love fest, I wouldn't have mind Thor or the Avengers losing if it was written well, Thor, Hulk, Red Hulk nearly man handled by Namor at 1/5 Phoenix Strength, But Collosus nearly KO'D the original jean Gray Phoenix at full Power like everyone said terribly written

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed, liked to Iron Man v Magneto tussle as I had always wondered how stark would over-come the "magnetic problem " but most of the other battles were pants!

Avatar image for deactivated-65397ac992998
    deactivated-65397ac992998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve seen a lot of haters/trolls who love to use this to lowball Thor but if you read the comic and analyze it you’d notice just the opposite. The trolls like to say “Thor isn’t even as powerful as her” but if you read the comic you’d see that Thor was destroying her https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle3.jpg, https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle4.jpg and even did this to her https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle6.jpg proving he's leagues above her, the only reason he lost was because Emma caught him off guard https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle8.jpg and even then she had to kick a heavily injured Thor six times to knock him out while Thor only had to hit her once to shatter her into pieces, proving Thor is both stronger and more durable than her in her diamond form, and the only reason she could even reform in the first place and she wasn't "feeling" any of Thor's hits (though she still took damage from them) was because she was in her diamond form which was stated to have that ability https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle5.jpg. I think the comic made it clear that Thor was above Emma given that she had to cheat to beat him. Also do you not think Thor wouldn't restrain himself against a woman especially one of class like Emma especially when it was stated in the comic that Thor didn't want to fight her while at the same time, the narrator describes Emma as "delicate" https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/thoremmafrostbattle2.jpg? besides it's not like he hasn't done that in the past https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d7d8191a86e4223e5246d38d9eb8e776. And even a fragment of the Phoenix Force is ridiculously OPed which explains how it hurt Thor so easily. Any questions?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16 god_spawn  Moderator

@andreasver: It’s not a really lowball issue and it’s a clear cut fight. Thor hit her twice before he shattered her, she was fine. She also stopped him mid-swing with one hand. She didn’t cheat. She used an ability perfectly within her capabilities to pierce him, and he got cocky. And you can’t say he was weakened either, she punched him to a pulp and humiliated him. If his durability was so great, he wouldn’t have been hurt, but that wasn’t the case. Thor was on the offensive, he couldn’t really hurt her aside from the shatter and that did nothing, and she overpowered him once and bludgeoned his face in another when she got serious. Emma literally toyed with him the entire time. Hell, all the Phoenix 5 did. Thor was chumped by Cyclops. Colossus and Magik beat him and abducted him. Namor beat him to the point he was holding him limp by his cape while he was fighting Wanda. And Emma did no different. It was a pretty straight forward fight. I’d say the only debatable things about the fight was Thor’s telepathic immunity, since he’s been telepathically affected before, Xavier got him I believe at some point in the event. And him shattering Emma, since she’s taken hits from people like Hulk in that form and was fine without the force. I think with it she was unharmed by X-23 cutting her with adamantium claws. Her having the Phoenix Force should have only increased those abilities.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@god_spawn said:

@andreasver: It’s not a really lowball issue and it’s a clear cut fight. Thor hit her twice before he shattered her, she was fine. She also stopped him mid-swing with one hand. She didn’t cheat. She used an ability perfectly within her capabilities to pierce him, and he got cocky. And you can’t say he was weakened either, she punched him to a pulp and humiliated him. If his durability was so great, he wouldn’t have been hurt, but that wasn’t the case. Thor was on the offensive, he couldn’t really hurt her aside from the shatter and that did nothing, and she overpowered him once and bludgeoned his face in another when she got serious. Emma literally toyed with him the entire time. Hell, all the Phoenix 5 did. Thor was chumped by Cyclops. Colossus and Magik beat him and abducted him. Namor beat him to the point he was holding him limp by his cape while he was fighting Wanda. And Emma did no different. It was a pretty straight forward fight. I’d say the only debatable things about the fight was Thor’s telepathic immunity, since he’s been telepathically affected before, Xavier got him I believe at some point in the event. And him shattering Emma, since she’s taken hits from people like Hulk in that form and was fine without the force. I think with it she was unharmed by X-23 cutting her with adamantium claws. Her having the Phoenix Force should have only increased those abilities.

No Caption Provided

Let's just fix all that crap that was written in AVX ,Thor written correctly from an individual with an acceptable intellect would have reck Emma ....Having a fraction of the PF is not enough to take down the likes of The THUNDER GOD he is tiers above any of those that had the PF....That was lowball writing. ...Rachel had the full force and Thor effortlessly knocked the shit out of her THOR#428...Thank god for the phoenix those low tier dirt wouldn't stand a chance..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

@lazarus4tempest: You have AN instance with Rachel, and I'll even throw you another one with Thor supposedly knock out the PF as well in the same storyline as AvX and a lot of people use that one. So why is this any different? Powerful enough mutants have faced Thor and were fine. Rachel by herself has held up against Thor, no PF needed. Namor has had multiple fights with Thor without and has done fine. Iceman under the Death Seed, and whether you call it an amp or him unhinged, was beat Thor. Cyclops has disarmed Thor completely of Mjolnir before. So why can't some of the top mutants enhanced to high degrees beat him? Emma becoming a heavy hitter beating him is perfectly legit. Namor, someone who as I said, has had a few fights with Thor, being amped to the point he can rip Red Hulk's arm off by his pinky, is more than a match for Thor.

Thor was used a prop up character because the Avengers had no one else strong enough to contend. Your one instance doesn't disregard that Thor was used to show how strong the Phoenix 5 were. The Phoenix Force is a legit plot device to various degrees and they were as strong as they needed to be ie stronger than Thor. Just because he is a God of Thunder doesn't change that, it didn't change that, nor will it undo what has been done. The user I originally responded to somehow twisted the fight that Emma was weaker, which she clearly wasn't and within the context of what happened isn't true.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@god_spawn said:

@lazarus4tempest: You have AN instance with Rachel, and I'll even throw you another one with Thor supposedly knock out the PF as well in the same storyline as AvX and a lot of people use that one. So why is this any different? Powerful enough mutants have faced Thor and were fine. Rachel by herself has held up against Thor, no PF needed. Namor has had multiple fights with Thor without and has done fine. Iceman under the Death Seed, and whether you call it an amp or him unhinged, was beat Thor. Cyclops has disarmed Thor completely of Mjolnir before. So why can't some of the top mutants enhanced to high degrees beat him? Emma becoming a heavy hitter beating him is perfectly legit. Namor, someone who as I said, has had a few fights with Thor, being amped to the point he can rip Red Hulk's arm off by his pinky, is more than a match for Thor.

Thor was used a prop up character because the Avengers had no one else strong enough to contend. Your one instance doesn't disregard that Thor was used to show how strong the Phoenix 5 were. The Phoenix Force is a legit plot device to various degrees and they were as strong as they needed to be ie stronger than Thor. Just because he is a God of Thunder doesn't change that, it didn't change that, nor will it undo what has been done. The user I originally responded to somehow twisted the fight that Emma was weaker, which she clearly wasn't and within the context of what happened isn't true.

i'll say it again if Thor was written correctly .....NONE of those you speak of can defeat him..........PURE AMPS , The thing is he always holds back so them getting the upper hand is nothing to Marvel at...

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@god_spawn: Educate yourself on this Deity......

[Striking - Unarmed]

[Lifting]

[Pushing/Pulling]

[Grip/Crushing]

[Legs]

[Flight]

Durability

[Impact]

[Energy/Heat]

[Piercing/Cutting]

[Misc Resistances]

[Chemicals]

[Disease]

[Hostile Environments]

[Magic]

[Matter Manipulation]

[Poison]

[Soul Resistance]

[Time Manipulation]

[Telepathy]

Speed

[Reaction]

[Combat]

[Movement - Flight]

Endurance

[Wounds/Pain Tolerance]

[Fatigue]

Physiology

[Senses]

[Regeneration]

Godhood

[General]

[Immortality]

[Godblast]

Although he will not be able to fully wield the Odinforce until his father has passed away, Thor is able to expel his father's might in one extremely powerful beam. This ability is only used when the lives of many others are at risk and when everything else has failed.

Mjolnir

[Throwing - Force]

[Throwing - Speed]

[Throwing - Return]

[Throwing - Aim/Ricochets/Homing]

[Energy Absorption]

[Energy Projection]

[Spinning]

[Sensing]

[Magnetism]

[Durability]

[Portals - Space]

[Portals - Dimensions]

[Weight]

Anyone found worthy of Odin's enchantment is able to wield Mjolnir. Although not entirely consistent, worthiness seems to be based on desire to use the hammer to help others rather than for personal gain or power, trust in oneself, and general goodness and selflessness. Mjolnir's "weight" follows magical rather than scientific rules - it isn't actually heavy, just enchanted.

[Anti-Magic]

[Misc. Abilities]

Weather Control

[Lightning - Power/Heat]

[Lightning - Location/Range]

[Lightning - Precision/Uses]

[Wind]

[Rain]

[Thunder]

[Earthquakes]

Skill

[Combat/Tactics]

[Medical Skill]

[Warrior's Code]

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

@lazarus4tempest: A statement or two of holding back doesn't mean he isn't getting his butt kicked nor does it lower any durability. That argument gets fallen back on too much. It certainly didn't look like he held back against Emma. He broke her, and even I find that debatable since she toyed with him almost the entire fight. And him "holding back" didn't prevent him from being a bloody heap on the floor nor was he superior. Like I said, Thor is a prop character at times. It sucks. I don't disagree. And whether the characters I mentioned can beat him is entirely irrelevant. My point was that without amps, save for whatever you call the Iceman one because I've seen it argued every way from Sunday, they hurt him. Now with them being able to do so under normal circumstances, they can surely do so and more when heavily amped. And within the confines of the story, since this is the only story that the Phoenix 5 are in, Thor lost to every single one of them. Which means he can lose to every single one of them.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

@lazarus4tempest: Copying and pasting the entire Reddit respect thread doesn't change anything.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: make me ask you a question can anyone you've stated take him without amp ?

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Copying and pasting the entire Reddit respect thread doesn't change anything.

answer the question..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 god_spawn  Moderator
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: if a character has to be amped to show superiority or legitimacy ,they are pretty much garbage as far as i see it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lazarus4tempest said:

@god_spawn: if a character has to be amped to show superiority or legitimacy ,they are pretty much garbage as far as i see it.

Then by your logic Thor needing 2 Mjolnirs to absorb All-Black and the bomb to beat Gorr is garbage, while also being assisted by 2 other Thors. Young Thor is garbage for needing to amp Jarnbjorn to beat Apocalypse. Old King Thor is garbage for needing All-black to beat Galactus. Rune King and King Thor are garbage for being the strongest versions of Thor. OdinForce Thor is garbage for beating Bor otherwise he would've been killed in a single hit without the OF. He is also garbage for almost coming back and killing Rulk after Loeb goofed the first time. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Characters get amped up and down all the time, it doesn't degrade them as a character by any means.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

@lazarus4tempest said:

Then by your logic Thor needing 2 Mjolnirs to absorb All-Black and the bomb to beat Gorr is garbage, while also being assisted by 2 other Thors. Young Thor is garbage for needing to amp Jarnbjorn to beat Apocalypse. Old King Thor is garbage for needing All-black to beat Galactus. Rune King and King Thor are garbage for being the strongest versions of Thor. OdinForce Thor is garbage for beating Bor otherwise he would've been killed in a single hit without the OF. He is also garbage for almost coming back and killing Rulk after Loeb goofed the first time. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Characters get amped up and down all the time, it doesn't degrade them as a character by any means.

now that yo put it that way you are right

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: it really annoying to see ppl undermining Thor ,it makes me argue without thinking at times

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 god_spawn  Moderator
    Uttarashada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2012 was end of the world, that's when SJW started dominating the culture. Ofc Thor was KOd by WAMAN.

Avatar image for deactivated-65397ac992998
    deactivated-65397ac992998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @lazarus4tempest:

It was a few days ago when I was debating several idiots who were were trying to lowball Thor KOing the Phoenix Force by using this. What do you mean “she was just fine?” Just because she was able to heal from that doesn’t mean she was “just fine.” She did cheat by hitting him when he wasn’t excepting it. When did I even imply he was “weakened?” Yes, Thor’s durability is that great, just because he didn’t heal doesn’t mean his durability was bad. No, he was hurting her and she basically said “you hit like a girl” if you know how sarcasm works you’d know she’s basically saying Thor’s attacks hurt like he’l. What do you mean “she was toying with Thor” she was getting bodied before she cheap shotted him, unable to read his mind, and couldn’t stop Thor from shattering her into a trillion pieces! And when has Emma taken hits from the Hulk?

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@andreasver said:

@god_spawn: @lazarus4tempest:

It was a few days ago when I was debating several idiots who were were trying to lowball Thor KOing the Phoenix Force by using this. What do you mean “she was just fine?” Just because she was able to heal from that doesn’t mean she was “just fine.” She did cheat by hitting him when he wasn’t excepting it. When did I even imply he was “weakened?” Yes, Thor’s durability is that great, just because he didn’t heal doesn’t mean his durability was bad. No, he was hurting her and she basically said “you hit like a girl” if you know how sarcasm works you’d know she’s basically saying Thor’s attacks hurt like he’l. What do you mean “she was toying with Thor” she was getting bodied before she cheap shotted him, unable to read his mind, and couldn’t stop Thor from shattering her into a trillion pieces! And when has Emma taken hits from the Hulk?

i agree but ppl tend to lowball the THUNDER GOD ,and to be honest with you the back and forth with an individual who's mind is set against a character is basically meaning less ...You will provide the scans but they tend to write a long ass paragraph trying to downplay the evidence provided..But at the end of the day no matter how they feel about him his legacy will always be there ,this a character who transcends the comic landscape he influences pop culture on many lvls ....So when fans for Emma or anyone for that matter they need to remember that this is a character who is on his 700+ issue on his solo run alone,and at the end of the day if the Avengers should end tomorrow he will survive.......Can't say the same for her ,and if anyone tries to dispute this fact why hasn't she gotten one already.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@andreasver:

Thor thought the fight was over, it wasn’t. She rained down on him and beat him to a pulp. That’s not cheating, the fighting wasn’t over and it’s an ability she could clearly use. She showed she could literally stop his hits with a single hand if she wanted, and she was fine. He can’t hurt her in diamond form, she has no feeling and if she can constantly reconstitute, that’s basically it. And she already took a few hits prior to no I’ll effect. And she did toy with him, she was mocking him the whole fight. She took a few hits from WWH in the X-Men crossover.

And my bad on the weakened part, must have misread your post. Aside from that, I think you need to re-read the fight, man. You’re twisting things for some narrative that the fight doesn’t show, reaching for things that aren’t there and putting words in my mouth. I don’t know who is lowballing him, but the fight is pretty clear cut. He couldn’t put her down, aside from the shatter shot, and Emma already overpowered him before that. Eventually, she would’ve won even if she didn’t shatter. Thor lost. That’s the end of it. It was conclusive.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 god_spawn  Moderator

@lazarus4tempest: Emma has had a solo already, but she’s a member of the X-Men. It’s a team book, that’s where she works better anyway. A lot of X-Men have had solos, but not a lot. And only a few have been around as long as Thor. And aside from that, I’d rather she be in an ok team book for years vs being in a shitty solo run for the better part of a decade while being completely emasculated and torn apart. I’m not using this to deface Thor.

He might have a longer standing legacy, that is a fact, but that doesn’t make him a better character by any means or make Emma any less of a character. It’s apples and oranges. You can be a fan of both.

And none of it changes the fact that she beat him here.

Vanik_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uttarashada said:

2012 was the end of the world. That's when SJW started dominating the culture. Ofc Thor was KOd by WAMAN.

Yup. That's the case. Just wait and watch the narratives go haywire in the next few years. It is a liberal feministic transition.

Vanik_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vanik_G

@god_spawn: Educate yourself on this Deity......

[Striking - Unarmed]

[Lifting]

[Pushing/Pulling]

[Grip/Crushing]

[Legs]

[Flight]

Durability

[Impact]

[Energy/Heat]

[Piercing/Cutting]

[Misc Resistances]

[Chemicals]

[Disease]

[Hostile Environments]

[Magic]

[Matter Manipulation]

[Poison]

[Soul Resistance]

[Time Manipulation]

[Telepathy]

Speed

[Reaction]

[Combat]

[Movement - Flight]

Endurance

[Wounds/Pain Tolerance]

[Fatigue]

Physiology

[Senses]

[Regeneration]

Godhood

[General]

[Immortality]

[Godblast]

Although he will not fully wield the Odinforce until his father has passed away, Thor can expel his father's might in one mighty beam. This ability is only used when the lives of many others are at risk and when everything else has failed.

Mjolnir

[Throwing - Force]

[Throwing - Speed]

[Throwing - Return]

[Throwing - Aim/Ricochets/Homing]

[Energy Absorption]

[Energy Projection]

[Spinning]

[Sensing]

[Magnetism]

[Durability]

[Portals - Space]

[Portals - Dimensions]

[Weight]

Anyone found worthy of Odin's enchantment can wield Mjolnir. Although not entirely consistent, worthiness seems to be based on the desire to use the hammer to help others rather than for personal gain or power, trust in oneself, and general goodness and selflessness. Mjolnir's "weight" follows magical rather than scientific rules - it isn't actually heavy, just enchanted.

[Anti-Magic]

[Misc. Abilities]

Weather Control

[Lightning - Power/Heat]

[Lightning - Location/Range]

[Lightning - Precision/Uses]

[Wind]

[Rain]

[Thunder]

[Earthquakes]

Skill

[Combat/Tactics]

[Medical Skill]

[Warrior's Code]

This is the truth. Reddit or no Reddit.

ToxicWandaStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ToxicWandaStan
    ToxicWandaStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ToxicWandaStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ToxicWandaStan

@lazarus4tempest: excuses yet he still lost now ur seething and struggling to defend ur fav and bringing in other characters that have nothing to do with the fight 🤣

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.