Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor jobs again...

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It isn't jobbing. He's lost a few times in the comics, so it's not contradicting anything canon. Don't see how it's jobbing.

The only time I've seen Thor job was when he was stabbed through the back and defeated by Rhino.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@jj62 said:

It isn't jobbing. He's lost a few times in the comics, so it's not contradicting anything canon. Don't see how it's jobbing.

The only time I've seen Thor job was when he was stabbed through the back and defeated by Rhino.

Wasn't that during Siege?

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has proven multiple times that they both have it in them to take out each other.

Thor will win sometimes and it isn't Hulk jobbing.

Hulk will win sometimes and it isn't Thor jobbing.

It really depends on the circumstance because Hulk is physically greater than Thor, but Thor has Mjolnir which evens out the odds. The winner would be decided by circumstance.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJ62

@mercy_: I don't remember, I remember that Rhino had Midgard Serpent's tooth as a horn. He stabbed Thor from behind and beat him in the fight.

I love Rhino, and as much as I love to see him win fights. He shouldn't have beaten Thor.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62: I am 99% sure that was during Siege, which means it was just ridiculous writing anyways. Siege was terrible.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@mercy_: It was during Ends of the Earth. Amazing Spider-Man #683.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJ62

@mercy_: Well yeah. I was just saying, that's the only time I've ever really seen Thor job to somebody.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Dammit, I stand corrected.

Thank you and your encyclopedic brain.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mercy_: actually the rhino stabbing was during ends of the earth by slott.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Well Marvel try really hard at times to convince most people that Hulk is stronger and that he can defeat Thor but after some time they try to do the opposite.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Marvel doesn't know who to push. Hulk as always been popular, but nowadays it looks like it's waning. Thor as of, late is more of a fresh property to casual fans. Thor also I can see having a little more draw cause of the heavy Norse mythology themes .

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@jj62: How isn't that jobbing? He didn't even get a hit. He was smashed by a statue and that's it. Was there more in the actual episode?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm sure it'll be just as good as Ultimate Spider-Man.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: No it wasn't during siege because rhino was not in valves in that event it happend during a spiderman event

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least is a cartoon, so its not really big deal to watch him losing like that. Still, Avengers vs X-Men was the worst jobbing for Thor

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HaveAtThee

It's hardly a 50 second clip. It isn't like Thor is down for the count. I'm sure he gets back up and puts some hurtin' on Hulk.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 SC  Moderator

Thor has never been "jobbed" and no character has ever been "jobbed", because they are fictional and aren't real and terms like jobbed are invented by people who either don't understand how fiction and stories work or they have been exposed en masse to people who don't and they conform. We are looking at a cartoon yes? Made by writers with opinions and ideas and who want lots of people to watch their cartoon and like it and like it in a way that will hopefully get them watching more of the cartoon and creating an interest for the characters. Its a Marvel thing, the whole reason for having teams is some characters will appeal to some types of people more than others. The guys who like leaders and morally strong, eat your vitamins type among other things will like Cap, those who like sleek, stealthy, badass assassin spies will like Widow, those who like witty, egotistical, playboy Robert Downey Jr will like Iron Man. Thor and Hulk are the heavy hitters - why did the last cartoon have Banner and Hulk but not Blake and Thor as much? Well thats the thing, you can't fit 40 plus years of solo and team comics into a cartoon. In cartoons when presenting these characters actually Hulk needs, needs to have some special edge over the other characters, because it may sound daft to some, but there are lots of people out there who like the strong guy especially when he is the underdog and one people view as a monster. Not good team balance for a cartoon to have one guy get too much attention, which is also why you see a lot more deus ex machina situations. Also see Captain America judo Thor and Hulk.

Plus its only a trailer and its a trailer for a cartoon that uses cardboard cut animation half the time heh heh. Remember how Dan Slott wrote Rhino beating Thor? You know the same Dan Slott who thinks Thor is more jacked and powerful than Sentry, Hulk, Silver Surfer and any other Marvel superhero? Yeah how does a writer let a character like Spider Man shine when characters like Thor are around? Plot device just like whole all stories have plot devices. How do you help increase the legitimacy of danger and threat as well? You take out the big gun first. Rhino + Plot Device Tooth + Writer who thinks Thor is uber powerful = Thor beat like = How does that equal to Thor fans disliking what happened or accusations of jobbing? Do some writers take advantage of Thor's powerset to make other characters look good? Sure! Thor is also a recipient of that writing too.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Thor has never been "jobbed" and no character has ever been "jobbed", because they are fictional and aren't real and terms like jobbed are invented by people who either don't understand how fiction and stories work or they have been exposed en masse to people who don't and they conform. We are looking at a cartoon yes? Made by writers with opinions and ideas and who want lots of people to watch their cartoon and like it and like it in a way that will hopefully get them watching more of the cartoon and creating an interest for the characters. Its a Marvel thing, the whole reason for having teams is some characters will appeal to some types of people more than others. The guys who like leaders and morally strong, eat your vitamins type among other things will like Cap, those who like sleek, stealthy, badass assassin spies will like Widow, those who like witty, egotistical, playboy Robert Downey Jr will like Iron Man. Thor and Hulk are the heavy hitters - why did the last cartoon have Banner and Hulk but not Blake and Thor as much? Well thats the thing, you can't fit 40 plus years of solo and team comics into a cartoon. In cartoons when presenting these characters actually Hulk needs, needs to have some special edge over the other characters, because it may sound daft to some, but there are lots of people out there who like the strong guy especially when he is the underdog and one people view as a monster. Not good team balance for a cartoon to have one guy get too much attention, which is also why you see a lot more deus ex machina situations. Also see Captain America judo Thor and Hulk.

Plus its only a trailer and its a trailer for a cartoon that uses cardboard cut animation half the time heh heh. Remember how Dan Slott wrote Rhino beating Thor? You know the same Dan Slott who thinks Thor is more jacked and powerful than Sentry, Hulk, Silver Surfer and any other Marvel superhero? Yeah how does a writer let a character like Spider Man shine when characters like Thor are around? Plot device just like whole all stories have plot devices. How do you help increase the legitimacy of danger and threat as well? You take out the big gun first. Rhino + Plot Device Tooth + Writer who thinks Thor is uber powerful = Thor beat like = How does that equal to Thor fans disliking what happened or accusations of jobbing? Do some writers take advantage of Thor's powerset to make other characters look good? Sure! Thor is also a recipient of that writing too.

Yep.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why it even matters considering the toon counterpart isn't likely to be sporting at all the same levels of power Thor in the comics even has. It's a false flag at best.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: He doesn't. He hits Hulk, hulk hits him, he hits Hulk, Hulk gets up, fight is interrupted. Calm down people lol. This is worse than me on a particularly fed up day.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is ridiculous, Thor doesn't even lose we see what happens mostly to assuage both fans one character is 'removed' from the fight and that is at a shove as we don't even know if that's what happens Hulk could conceivably get koed when Thor gets up, Thor could be koed by the Hulk or it could most likely be an interrupted stalemate. Sheesh I back Thor in Hulk vs Thor fights I have to admit but one inconclusive clip in not enough to rage and even I admit Hulk has the physical edge as the fight progresses (although Thor is initially stronger) so please stop whining. The clip in inconclusive,it is a cartoon and lets face it Iron man gets his arse handed to him by cap so I think we should be far more infuriated by that injustice than a speculative defeat.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to jump to conclusions, man....

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having watched the episode they both go at it and neither is harmed by the other attacks at all seemingly, they display an odd sort of bromance throughout and Hawkeye suggest that when they 'scrap' it causes 9.2 earthquakes in the local area.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having watched the episode they both go at it and neither is harmed by the other attacks at all seemingly, they display an odd sort of bromance throughout and Hawkeye suggest that when they 'scrap' it causes 9.2 earthquakes in the local area.

Oddly, I'm really looking forward to the bromance...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new cartoon pales in comparison with EMH. This is like a poor man's version of the live-action film. Thanks Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.