Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor issue 8 thoughts. (SPOILERS)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked issue 8. Thee wasn't a lot of action, their was a bit but not much. This issue is pretty much build up towards something big between Gorr and the Thors. By the time the issue ends all three Thors are together and the interaction between the three of them is funny this has hyped me up something awful :)

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i have enjoyed reading this series so far, yes sir.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything in the issue was pretty excellent save for the "Girls of Thunder." Not sure how necessary that was to the overall story. This issue was weaker than most others, but it was still a fine issue. All of the stuff with the Three Thors in the last few panels was brilliant, with an entertaining cliffhanger to boot. Can't wait for next issue. I think this is easily Marvel NOW's best solo series thus far, and I'm loving how it's mostly self-contained (much like Waid's Hulk, which is also very good).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Making it rain fire in on a planet that works against the gods using their powers with his Hammer is a great feat for a respect thread if there was one.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DH69

Easily one of the best things Marvel Now has produced.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I personally am not a big fan of this series, sure i like how they have shown Gorr as a pretty serious badass and how his back story while average helps us understand what he is doing, i just feel the story is sort of out of place.

Also the whole idea that Gorr lets god take a break on 7th day ?? Arent we heading a wee-bit towards bible god, established chronology of Marvel Gods pretty much shows Asgard and most gods different from their bible incarnation (apart from you know Thor and co having absolutely no connection with bible). I did not like the idea of them connecting marvel gods to bible god, i like their established cosmology in terms of what gods and demons are in marvel.

Also never a huge fan of time travel, and people being plucked out of time stream willy nilly without worrying about general repercussion, more of a personal opinion than anything else.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that little quip about the "7th day" was a bit of a satirical poke at the monotheistic beliefs (Christianity/Judaism/Islam), not so much having anything to do with Marvel canon.

rondoudou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@killemall: "Arent we heading a wee-bit towards bible god, established chronology of Marvel Gods pretty much shows Asgard and most gods different from their bible incarnation"

well i think that was the point, and as well in the early parts of the bible, YHWH was represented more as if he was like Thor or Zeus

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.