Thor is replaced by some random god & only loki remebers?

Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

ok... at the end of the hole fear itself thing we see thor's body being burned everyone is sad & then randomly....

Fear Itself 7.2 - Thor

.... um this guy pops up out of no where.

& to my surprise.. everyone excepts him like they've known him for years

Journey Into Mystery #631

it almost as if people forgot what the funeral was about in the first place... THOR!!!

but never the less the only one who seems to remember or at least knows somthing is wrong is loki

now im not sure what this is about i assure you my response to all this was the same as ^ young loki up here but.. i think this might have something to do with the wound he received inside the world tree when he was looking for the seed. a strange wound glowing but didn't hurt & after he died those embers looked alot like the ones coming from his wound earlier...

but my question is why does know one remember thor? & except the fake one? surely someone remembers who he is perhaps it was only those who were near the flame... but someone MUST remember they have him on video , live television , Odin couldn't have forgotten & the government should still have his dna samples that created Ragnarok his clone.

but... one thing is for certain even if the avengers , the x men , FF or even odin himself forgot...

I'm sure they'll remember soon enough :)

#1 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats Fail Itself for ya.

#2 Posted by moviegeek17 (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

lol. ff 7.2 only confirmed my thor ban once again

#3 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's an interesting take on superhero resurrection. What if somebody hijack's your revive?

#4 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: what do you mean by ''hijack's your revive''?

#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just happy Thor is coming back...eventually.

#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@fodigg: what do you mean by ''hijack's your revive''?

Meaning it's implied that you're supposed to return, but your spot and entire life is taken by a replacement. This is similar in theme to the "return of superman" story except there everyone saw the various replacement supermen as pretenders or took sides, where here everyone seems to be enchanted and goes along with it.

#7 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course at the exact same time everyone has forgotten about Thor, Osborn has Thor's clone Ragnarok in his possession in New Avengers, and he knows exactly what it is.

I'm sure it will be explained away by saying the two books occur at different times, but Fear Itself was an Avengers event, and New Avengers is one of the flagship Avenger books, they could at least try to make an understandable timeline between the two.

#8 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good post. Keep in mind. Loki is going to play a pivotal role in the mix of things. May be a hero for a change.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor just can't get a break can he

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Always someone saying what i'm getting ready to say. lol

Lol.

Areed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.