Thor in The Avengers movie, do you think they'll dumb him down

#1 Posted by QueenKBLJ (7 posts) - - Show Bio

what i mean is do you think they make him weaker to give the other main hero's more time to shine, but let be real, if they didn't the movie would be called the mighty thor and the rest of them

#2 Posted by War Killer (19961 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wasn't all that powerful in his movie, I mean he had a hard time fighting Loki for goodness sake, so I don't think they would need to dumb him down.

#3 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Thor wasn't all that powerful in his movie, I mean he had a hard time fighting Loki for goodness sake, so I don't think they would need to dumb him down.
#4 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they'll create a threat big enough so that they won't have to dumb him down.

#5 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

they will.
#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

He seemed pretty dumb in his own film.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they will downplay his true power levels, but I don't think they'll make him seem simple-minded and oafish.

#8 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be similar to the Thor movie i think. His powers will be dumbed down like in the recent movie. If they gave him the powers they gave him in some of the Avengers comics, the other characters would be useless. 

#9 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thor from the movie wasn't all that powerfull, so I don't think they'll have to dumb him down.

#10 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

He could have his role where he's needed, such as fighting a large or powerful enemy, whilst the others do their smaller part in the fight.

Who the hell am I kidding.. they'll dumb him down..

#11 Posted by ShadowX (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think dumb him down is the right words for this. They already lowered his power level from the comics which to me makes sense. Because then it owuld be utterly rediculous to have an overpowered god fighting along side cap. brining everybody closer to each other powerwise allows for them not to rely heavily on just one person.
#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably, but I kinda like him dumbed down it really seperates him from Superman whom we all know is perfect. Not like mentally challenged just not having any idea how to follow some of Cap's orders or Iron Man's plans.
#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

I think they will downplay his true power levels, but I don't think they'll make him seem simple-minded and oafish.

I agree. That would be a very big change from how he was portrayed in his movie. 
I can see them giving him more of an aggressive attitude though.
#14 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki will posses Hulk and then its another lame Hulk vs Thor movie

#15 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
It honestly looked like he was holding back against Loki, as he pretty easily beat him with a quick thunderbolt and dropping his hammer on him pinning him to the ground. 
Heck Loki was trying to taunt him at the start to actually fight him.
#16 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@QueenKBLJ
They weaken him in the comics when he is in a team, most of the time.
#17 Posted by iaconpoint (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
@War Killer said:
It honestly looked like he was holding back against Loki, as he pretty easily beat him with a quick thunderbolt and dropping his hammer on him pinning him to the ground. Heck Loki was trying to taunt him at the start to actually fight him.
Yeah, I got from the movie that he didn't want to fight Loki, not that his powers were dumbed down. He wasn't holding back against the Destroyer or breaking the Rainbow Bridge or even the Frost Giants. He pretty much kicked their collective asses. And in the Avengers trailer he is the only one shown doing any action by throwing Mjolnir at the end. I think we'll see him call down the thunder!
#18 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio
@iaconpoint

I hope so.
#19 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

its going to go something like this 

#20 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
This.
#21 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's powers weren't really shown to full in the movie.  I don't think they will need to power him down in any real regard.  The man can toss his hammer, make shockwaves, and call lightning. 

With luck they will make these powers needed in some reagard in the film.  If they decide to go more ultimates then they might show another power or two.
#22 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

he did really well.

he wasn't dumbed down or was too powerful.

just wished he had more of a thor vs hulk fight.

the iron man fight was better imo

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (35079 posts) - - Show Bio

He was done correct I think, not too strong not too weak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.