Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor in New Avengers issue 32? (Spoilers)

• 107 results
    Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

Is Thor not unworthy anymore!? I don't believe that he is dead...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL still couldnt lift mjolnir...smh

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What happened to Thor's arm ?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Now that's how two gods, two brothers in arms, are supposed to go out. Against insurmountable odds without fear of dying.

@sodamyat said:

That's actually a good thing though. This was Thorr's unworthy hammer, not 616 Mjolnir

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure what to say about this development... if they have completely killed off Thor now means that's one less reason I'll have to buy any Marvel titles.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm not sure what to say about this development... if they have completely killed off Thor now means that's one less reason I'll have to buy any Marvel titles.

Relax, Unworthy Thor can be seen on the cover of Aaron's Thor Corps mini series. You can still find him there I imagine. Granted, if I get proven wrong, I'll be even more angry with Marvel for their treatment of Thor than I already am.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's how two gods, two brothers in arms, are supposed to go out. Against insurmountable odds without fear of dying.

@sodamyat said:

That's actually a good thing though. This was Thorr's unworthy hammer, not 616 Mjolnir

yeah, I'm pretty sure that was Thorr's hammer as well and Thor was laughing at the irony of no longer being unworthy at that moment.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@antithetical said:

Relax, Unworthy Thor can be seen on the cover of Aaron's Thor Corps mini series. You can still find him there I imagine. Granted, if I get proven wrong, I'll be even more angry with Marvel for their treatment of Thor than I already am.

Well that's the thing with covers, they sometimes don't accurately reflect what you get on the inside, but we'll have to wait and see what happens with that in a couple of months.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

@antithetical said:

Well that's the thing with covers, they sometimes don't accurately reflect what you get on the inside, but we'll have to wait and see what happens with that in a couple of months.

Hey if I get proven wrong, I'll be as annoyed as you are, trust me. I'm already not reading any current Thor or Marvel comics because of their BS management and event structuring currently.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll assume you knew he originally lost it confronting Malekith in replacement Thor issue 1, so looks like he already lost the black uru arm in battle at some point slightly prior to what's happening in this scan.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofkings1 said:

I'll assume you knew he originally lost it confronting Malekith in replacement Thor issue 1, so looks like he already lost the black uru arm in battle at some point slightly prior to what's happening in this scan.

One of the Beyonders Rip off the Uru arm from Thor in this issue ... antithetical i m really busy right now, if the the cover of Thors isn't enough for you, later i will show you a scan from TGOT that implies that Thor will be in Thors Secret Wars.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would have been a very good end to Thor. But for characters like this it never ends, they will reappear.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@antithetical said:

@kingofkings1 said:

One of the Beyonders Rip off the Uru arm from Thor in this issue ... antithetical i m really busy right now, if the the cover of Thors isn't enough for you, later i will show you a scan from TGOT that implies that Thor will be in Thors Secret Wars.

That's what I had guessed but not having picked up the issue (or closely following Avengers/New Avengers) didn't want to assume too much.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I think it means that Thor is worthy again and if he is dead then this is Great War for Thor 616 to go out. Though the solicition for avengers world issue 21 says thor and hyperion unleashed so I think that issue will cover this fight between Thor and Hyperion against the Ivory kings.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Asgaard

Thor isn't dead because...

We still don't know what was the whisper and Aaron's remain 2 issues before secret wars will be about Fem Thor identity.

He is in the cover of Thors

No Caption Provided

In TGOT Old King Thor mentions that he will be a God Cop. (Secret Wars Thors)

No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He died a warrior's death. Seriously, I think this one was of the best ways to have killed him off if they are planning that. But I don't think they are since of that Thor Corps book for Secret Wars. Still awesome and a worthy death.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: the death happens after the main Thor seris.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't been reading new avengers. Is this scan from something happening right now or is it from the future?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Asgaard

@jayc1324 said:

Haven't been reading new avengers. Is this scan from something happening right now or is it from the future?

This events are after Aaron's current book ends, (issue 8) time runs out...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By antithetical

@sodamyat said:

No Caption Provided

As said, it was Thorr's unworthy mjolnir he couldn't lift. Taken from the scans posted in this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/new-avengers-32-spoilers-the-last-stand-of-and-1656666/#23 in General Discussion.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it never shows them dying for all we know they actually won. or they were taken hostage or teleported away. isn't he still fighting in the next avengers book?

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Asgaard

@coolcat4 said:

it never shows them dying for all we know they actually won. or they were taken hostage or teleported away. isn't he still fighting in the next avengers book?

No Caption Provided

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: i knew it. thanks for posting that

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh who cares anymore? They ripped the much lauded "black Uru" arm that served what purpose in the 3 issues it existed?! "Oh it can help him punch harder" I heard from so many. The only thing I t helped do, was make him look even weaker again! So STUPID! Just humiliation after humiliation. And now that t---p is on the "Avengers"? That was the last book I was collecting. Good thing Hickman ended his run cuz that's it for me. It was great to have such an epic story from a TRUE writer and not some overrated pathetic hack "writer".

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By arthurkerr

what does Hyperon do other then just stand around

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: I have stopped buying the Thor comics and will not get back into them until the fake Thor goes away. Hopefully, they change out Aaron as the author, too.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By arthurkerr

The art looks awesome in this , love the idea of these two bonding over ale and drinking it all.

I mean he does a awesome job writing this.

Looks like I have to go by this comic.

Money is tight these days so they have to earn the money not just get me to buy a comic because I follow a title.

It has to be a good read.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what does Hyperon do other then just stand around

be an annoying Superman Clone

LooksLikeRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LooksLikeRain

I like Thor and like reading the books. TGOT was very good...New Thor is ok..

So lets recap...Thor loses ability to lift his hammer because of a whisper, has arm ripped off twice and then they let him lift another hammer of the same power only to have become worthy or unworthy..depending how you look at it..to lift that one and then he fights to his death with Hyperion? He probably doesn't die but just assuming..Writing is fantastic! :p

Oh and new avengers cover was leaked with Lady Thor, Miles Morales, Muslim Marvel and Falcon as Cap..Avengers PC!!

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wooow this is good, but jajajajaja poor Thor he is worthy but he need to be unworthy jajaja

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: maybe he should have kicked Hyperion in the nads and tried lifting the the hammer again... "sorry about that brother, just thought I'd check". lol!

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By arthurkerr

@mjolnirson: maybe he should have kicked Hyperion in the nads and tried lifting the the hammer again... "sorry about that brother, just thought I'd check". lol!

lmao , hmmmmm could have just done the trick lol

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He died a warrior's death. Seriously, I think this one was of the best ways to have killed him off if they are planning that. But I don't think they are since of that Thor Corps book for Secret Wars. Still awesome and a worthy death.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you know he would just be brought back the universe likes Thor and would never let him go. No rest for the needed lol.

Then again it brings back Loki to time after time and Odin and all the rest.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The laws of life and death don't really apply to most comic characters. Least of all to the gods of Marvel, especially Asgardians.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We still have to see FemThor take on malekith and her in the avengers lineup after secret wars so either this won't last, Thor will die, or he will just he worthy but without a hammer. I don't think Jason Aaron would just have Odin make femthor another hammer like he did for BRB, since jason Aaron is so adamant about making Thor look bad. If it isn't Thor's hammer she has then she's not important.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Odin has been neutered, anyways. He can't pick up the hammer, either. so, it is not like Aaron can have Odin make any more if Odin cannot lift it. Honestly, Aaron has gutted the Thor legacy and history with this fake Thor stunt of his.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: YES HE HAS! Stop defending a hack writer to us cuz we are not buying what you're selling Aaron fan/apologist!

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which brings up a point as long as there are insults being tossed about... See, the thing is that we are all fans. Obviously, there is a disagreement among the fan base as to this fake Thor. Now, do I insult somebody for disagreeing with me? Not really needed, is it? It is a disagreement. Aaron did, however. Years from now, people will remember the author using his comic and "carefully" crafted story to insult the fans that disagreed with him by having a fake Thor battle those "evil sexists" for disagreeing with him. The author is having a rather large fit if he uses a comic to mock the fans that do not like his work. And honestly, I suspect that is going be one of the legacies of this fake Thor that I talk about years from this point. I will remember her as the Thor, fake or not, that was a proxy for a writer that cannot handle critics.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Lol I get the feeling you don't read comics and that you just love to complain

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@thunderingthorfan: Lol I get the feeling you don't read comics and that you just love to complain

...except for that part about him being right.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Winter_Kills

@asgaard@frozenedge said:

@sodamyat said:

Exactly! like you said, two brother-in-arms, dying in battle with glory & honor- the very spirit of Valhallan glory!! And the fact that he was no longer able to lift Thorr's hammer proves that he, THOR- was no longer unworthy. Thank you Hickman for capturing the true essence of Thor & giving him redemption, & showing what a warrior's spirit & Valhalla means! It's a shame this couldn't happen in Thor's main book, but Aaron couldn't write a scene like the one Hickman has here AT ALL. Hickman needs to helm a Thor book, STAT!!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The next two issues of New Avengers and Thor are going to be very interesting.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: couldn't agree with you more about Hickman's treatment of Thor here. AWESOME!

@z3ro180: if you mean Aaron written comics.....as soon as he ended GoT I stopped reading anything penned by him. Comics in general..... yeah......my home has a closet full of near 7,000+ cómics But i "dont read comics"..........where YOU get your "feelings" eludes me but it must also be the place where you get your taste in heroes........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.