Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor: God of Thunder Discussion Thread

• 153 results
    novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By novi_homines

@haveatthee: That art is SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!! MY GOOOD! I NEED a poster of Ridbic's art! Wow. Damn that's good! DID I SAY IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING?!!? Wow.

lol. I can't contain myself. Best artist in the industry right now, in my opinion of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a beautiful story arc.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By RaynorJ

If only Hulks run was as half as good as this than i could properly enjoy it but out of the 2, i only really enjoy Thor. While i struggle to read Hulk. And omg are the previews for Thor far better than those for Hulk...

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By novi_homines

@thitiki:

"Meanwhile, many millennia ahead, a future version of Thor faces a very different battle to save what remains of the earth--a battle against the greatest villain the Marvel Universe has ever known—Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds!"

Looks like it! =P

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki:

"Meanwhile, many millennia ahead, a future version of Thor faces a very different battle to save what remains of the earth--a battle against the greatest villain the Marvel Universe has ever known—Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds!"

Looks like it! =P

Who won or was it undetermined?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@haveatthee: Definitely will be something different. Will show Thor in a completely different environment out of his comfort zone. I'm also keen to see how future Thor is depicted, how he compares to Odin and the confrontation ahead. Exciting times ahead I think.

How could I forget King Thor vs. Galactus? I just LOVE the energy Aaron has writing this. His fandom is showing quite a bit. He's establishing new ground and creating new concepts for the character whilst simultaneously giving nods to the past classics.

I also agree with you about Thor being relatively outside his comfort zone. The idea of Thor trying to use his elemental magic to protect Mother Gaea from human environmental degradation is an awesome idea (and one I've been clamoring for). This has intriguing possibilities. How will Thor feel about humans who torture his beloved Midgard? How will he cope with something that he can't just bludgeon his way out of?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@haveatthee: Definitely will be something different. Will show Thor in a completely different environment out of his comfort zone. I'm also keen to see how future Thor is depicted, how he compares to Odin and the confrontation ahead. Exciting times ahead I think.

How could I forget King Thor vs. Galactus? I just LOVE the energy Aaron has writing this. His fandom is showing quite a bit. He's establishing new ground and creating new concepts for the character whilst simultaneously giving nods to the past classics.

I also agree with you about Thor being relatively outside his comfort zone. The idea of Thor trying to use his elemental magic to protect Mother Gaea from human environmental degradation is an awesome idea (and one I've been clamoring for). This has intriguing possibilities. How will Thor feel about humans who torture his beloved Midgard? How will he cope with something that he can't just bludgeon his way out of?

so cool soooo cooooooooool soooooooo coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: God of Thunder really is the best of Marvel Now and what all other titles should strive to be.

I'm looking to see how King Thor compares to Odin physically, in terms of overall power as well as knowledge and wisdom.

It definitely will be interesting to see how Thor reacts to Midgard being laid waste to by humans themselves instead of a big bad villain.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Odin get it on with Gaea so he could procreate the most powerful god? If Thor is the son of Odin and Gaea (who is an elder goddess), I believe he's intended to become the most powerful of the Aesir, even moreso than Odin. Right now Odin is well above Thor in terms of having the Skyfather status which also entails the ever-famous Odin Force. I would think King Thor would be clearly a level above King Odin.

But yea, maybe Thor's view of humanity becomes a bit jaded with this new story about an energy company doing untold damage to the Earth. It would certainly be a compelling story to tell, and that's where Roz Solomon fits in I guess.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I agree that Thor would be have more power that Odin due to having more Odin/Thor force as well as the Elder God heritage. I was wondering how Thor would compare to Odin especially since Odin had all these secrets and knowledge through the situations he's been in such as the celestials. I couldn't really tell in previous issues, but I wanted to see if Thor had physically deteriorated much like Odin was implied to have done.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is that the confrontation is a short one that will set up a future one issue story focusing solely on King Thor. I know that in January there's going to be a one issue story featuring Pre-Mjolnir Thor, which should be fun. Aaron has said in interviews that he plans to do mini-arcs (three issues) with both Young Thor and King Thor in the future. Either way, it's a rather ingenious method of character exploration by Aaron.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

My guess is that the confrontation is a short one that will set up a future one issue story focusing solely on King Thor. I know that in January there's going to be a one issue story featuring Pre-Mjolnir Thor, which should be fun. Aaron has said in interviews that he plans to do mini-arcs (three issues) with both Young Thor and King Thor in the future. Either way, it's a rather ingenious method of character exploration by Aaron.

Wait,I need to know something? Thor is mixed with a powerful All-father God AND Elder God?

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yes, Odin and Gaea. One of the reasons why RKT was so powerful.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#117 SC  Moderator

@theacidskull said:

Who is Roz Solomon tho?

She is the SHIELD environmental scientist who had a date with Thor a few issues ago when he actually took her up on an invitation she sent him online via a random video.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man guys, whp's excited for this, i know i am, SUPER BUMP

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sebast_allen: You call that a Super Bump? This is a Super Bump :P

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #20

No Caption Provided

JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY Nic Klein

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Part Two

• Thor battles to save the Earth on two fronts.

• In the present day, Thor takes on Roxxon, the world’s most powerful and nefarious super-corporation. While in the far future, King Thor is all that stands between Old Galactus and the planet he’s been dying to eat for a very long time.

• Even if King Thor wins, is the Earth still doomed?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor: God of Thunder is looking excellent in March as per usual! Jason Aaron is really creating something great here with his Thor run.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@lvenger said:

@sebast_allen: You call that a Super Bump? This is a Super Bump :P

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #20

No Caption Provided

JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY Nic Klein

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Part Two

• Thor battles to save the Earth on two fronts.

• In the present day, Thor takes on Roxxon, the world’s most powerful and nefarious super-corporation. While in the far future, King Thor is all that stands between Old Galactus and the planet he’s been dying to eat for a very long time.

• Even if King Thor wins, is the Earth still doomed?

Oh yes Brother

FOR ASGARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: God of Thunder is looking excellent in March as per usual! Jason Aaron is really creating something great here with his Thor run.

QFT. Aaron is writing a superb series and these future plans look very promising.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#124  Edited By Wolverine008

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08 said:

QFT. Aaron is writing a superb series and these future plans look very promising.

Glad I started reading this. Made me a Thor fan! If Aaron keeps this up, he'll definitely finish with one of the best Thor runs.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08 said:

Glad I started reading this. Made me a Thor fan! If Aaron keeps this up, he'll definitely finish with one of the best Thor runs.

Possibly though Simonson and JMS' runs will be hard to beat. But the Godbutcher/Godbomb arcs put Aaron on a roll.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron's run, IMO, is superior to JMS. His Thor just feels like Thor. This is what Thor should be doing and how he should be acting. There's a great balance between action and character depth which gives a great dynamic for the reader. I'm still eager to see the conclusion of the Accursed arc. It looks like for the last issue Garney is using an inker, which REALLY helps. Actually the next issue's preview with the League of Realms on Jotunheim looks fun as hell too.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron's Hulk run was not good in my opinion. I've thoroughly enjoyed his Thor book though. I'll be getting all of it in trade. How much approximately does it cost?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By far the best Thor book and best Marvel Now book on the self today.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor God of Thunder is a great book. I loved the gorr arc. The plot isvery well written, it always makes you want to see what's happening next, and it makes you love the each chapter. As for Thor, he is perfectly written. I don't read too much comics, but all the comics I read had thor, and this Thor is the best of them, even better than Thor in dark reign and siege. Jason Aaron is a skilled writter indeed.

As for malekith arc, I'm also enjoying it. Malekith is a good villain, always fooling and tauting thor and the others. I don't think this arc is as good as gorr arc was, but it is still very good.

And the next arc, I think it's going to be amazing. Can't wait to see old King Thor again. The plot seems to be very good. Damn, I really can't wait.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm psyched for the next major arc. A new villain with a new concept and a human antagonist in the background pulling the strings, plus a new love interest. You can't fault Aaron for a lack of imagination.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone read issue 17 of God of Thunder? I've neglected heading to the comic shop but I'm eager to see the conclusion of "Accursed." I read that there are a couple of cool twists in the plot. The previews looked tremendous, and I thought last issue was a solid set-up issue for the finale of the arc. Aaron said in an interview that the end of "Accursed" will have far-reaching effects in the series in general. Please no one spoil it for me.

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive read it and there are twists for sure. Good ending for a good arc, now go read it ;)

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone read issue 17 of God of Thunder? I've neglected heading to the comic shop but I'm eager to see the conclusion of "Accursed." I read that there are a couple of cool twists in the plot. The previews looked tremendous, and I thought last issue was a solid set-up issue for the finale of the arc. Aaron said in an interview that the end of "Accursed" will have far-reaching effects in the series in general. Please no one spoil it for me.

excellent ending absolute incredible.... Thor goes in and yes he gots a great feat

i know you guys love feets

feats feats feets not a speed feat guy speed feats speedy feet feats

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feets can be smelly. Then again, so can feats, unless utilized properly.

BTW, the new preview for issue 19 looks absolutely gorgeous, but that's Ribic for you. The splash page of Thor with the uppercut on the Jotun frost giant was sublime.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feets can be smelly. Then again, so can feats, unless utilized properly.

BTW, the new preview for issue 19 looks absolutely gorgeous, but that's Ribic for you. The splash page of Thor with the uppercut on the Jotun frost giant was sublime.

yup pretty cool being underwater too was pretty nice

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

very interesting read. i'd recommend it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the whole arc, but I agree it started off rather generic by Aaron's standards, but the last 2-3 issues picked up quite nicely. Aaron went in some interesting directions with the "League of Realms."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#139  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I cheer out loud whenever someone gets hit in the face by Mjolnir....

sayid_zanafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if jason aaron made thor is not bulletproof and is shot by the an agent from roxxon cooperation.or what if jason aaron made thor vulnarable to spikes like we see in the preview.what is jason aaron made thor not as invulnarable as before.any thoughts ????.is thor bulletproof or not.is thor vulnarable to spikes like we see in the preview

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By HaveAtThee

Just read the latest issue, and I thought it was a satisfying conclusion to a solid arc (the last three issues were infinitely better than the first two). I certainly liked how fearsome a villain Malekith developed into by the time he was crowned King. I also LOVED the epilogue at the end. The Nine Realms are far from safe. Definitely loved how Aaron explored the various species of the Nine Realms.

I'm wondering if the Frost Giant we see in the epilogue will be the same one on the receiving end of Mjolnir in the next arc. Can't wait.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if jason aaron made thor is not bulletproof and is shot by the an agent from roxxon cooperation.or what if jason aaron made thor vulnarable to spikes like we see in the preview.what is jason aaron made thor not as invulnarable as before.any thoughts ????.is thor bulletproof or not.is thor vulnarable to spikes like we see in the preview

I'm not liking these 'ifs', and it certainly doesn't seem like things Aaron would do.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cheer out loud whenever someone gets hit in the face by Mjolnir....

I second that. There's not many other thoroughly enjoyable re-occurring moments like someone getting face-slapped by Mjolnir.

sayid_zanafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By sayid_zanafi

scans for thor god of thunder 18 anyone??????

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's coming out the 29th. Gonna be a solo Young Thor (pre-Mjolnir) story. Apparently, Thor wakes up hung over in the belly of some type of dragon on the Falkland Islands. You can see the preview here.

Thor: God of Thunder #18 Preview

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw this over at CBR.

"

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD begin NOW!

Thor, Asgardian God of Thunder, has always fought to save his adopted home of Earth. But who can he fight when the planet itself is dying? Thor's mortal ally and environmental secret agent Roz Solomon has a few ideas. Namely the world's largest and most nefarious energy company Roxxon, and its ruthless new CEO known as "The Minotaur." Has the God of Thunder finally met his match, in the form of a multinational super-corporation? Meanwhile, many millennia ahead, a future version of Thor faces a very different battle to save what remains of the earth--a battle against the greatest villain the Marvel Universe has ever known—Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds!"

Can't wait! The concept for this arc sounds phenomenal. The return of Ribic is timely as well for such an ambitious direction.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ribic's art is always fantastic.

Jack_Lokison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that thinks the Gorr The God Butcher looks like Voldemort?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.