Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor fight without mjolnir

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edm28

Without his hammer could he still fight his enemies and win as he did with his hammer?

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Asagod

He could defeat some of them, but there are others who would defeat him pretty easily without Mjolnir.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pyrogram

He could beat some but not all

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sommyt

@Edm28: yes Thor is Thor without mjolnir it only allows him to focus and thus effectively increasing his poeers ..so @Pyrogram: @Asagod: are right ...he can still fight brutes and powerfull beings ..but with mjolnir he can fight beings like glory, ego etc

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edm28

Can glory or ego easly beat him if he not has mjolnir?

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueMarvel

Thor has a stonger God-Force Then His hammer. His magic and etc are actually stronger then what the hammer gives him.

But I think he could be the vast majority without his hammer

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Edm28

Have you à exemple of à character who has the same power of thor (without his hammer)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pyrogram

@Edm28 said:

Have you à exemple of à character who has the same power of thor (without his hammer)

Hulk.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Pyrogram said:

@Edm28 said:

Hulk.

Any brick character ever.

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Edm28

Thank but it's trust that thor has a impressive magical potential but he not mastered it?and can someone answer at my question in the other topic ( can thor without mjolnir)?

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd have a good deal more trouble with high heralds and anything above that would be a loss pretty much.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By New_World_Order

@Decoy Elite said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Edm28 said:

Hulk.

Any brick character ever.

This,

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Edm28

What is brick ?

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Edm28

He can fight a being like silver surfer without mjolnir ?

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sommyt

@Edm28: if he uses his energy based powers effectively yes ...

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fifthchild

Mjolnir is Thor's "X-Factor". Its his edge that places him amongst the other true heavy hitters and, if written up, sometimes allows him to punch out of his league. Without it he is vastly reduced in effectiveness.

Similar X-Factors for other characters would be speed and extreme mobility for Superman, dynamic powerlevel/regeneration for Hulk, the ability to pull powers out of his ass for the Silver Surfer etc.

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Edm28

But for me mjolnir is the weakness of thor because he uses it too often while he can mastered he magical.

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Edm28

Ans what is brick? And not for me mjolnir is not thor x factor because he still à powerfull heroe without it (strenght,lightning and weather manipulation)

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Edm28

Thanks for the video

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

Thor could and has defeated many of his foes and sparring partners without his hammer. Thor has many enemies who have great to vast power beyond his physical ability to match. It's against those foes that Thor relies more on his hammer and the incredible variety of powers it provides to him.

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Edm28

Can thor regenerate missing limbs or organs without using magic ? And yes i agree with you PowerHerc but thor has always his lightning, storm and omni directional blast.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Fernando072295REBORN: What comic is that from?

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Edm28

Can someone answer to my question?

iguiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iguiste

Someone with a similar power over elements etc in a magical way. Hmmm tough Storm has in some ways a similar electrical ability to Thor, only an example as Storm ever thought him she'd lose bi time obviously.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#26  Edited By Teerack

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

What's the story behind that? Because don't forget when ever hulk isn't whole he becomes a lot weaker, and even when he's whole Grey hulk was only ever as strong as The Thing and Savage Hulk isn't as strong as WW Hulk after his empowerment. And Thor has mjolnir there if you think he doesn't.

@Pyrogram said:

@Edm28 said:

Hulk.

Thor can't beat Hulk without his hammer.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack: No proof he can or cannot.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: Well I would just look to common sense based on their past fights.... Thor acknowledges the power of the Hulk and doesn't considering him an easy opponent. He clearly looks strained in all of their conflicts.

Also one time Hulk got Thor to put down his hammer and then Hulk kicked his ass...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack: That was not really kicking his ass was it? Can't I bring out the scan of Normal De-powerd King Thor killling hulk H2H? no, beacuse one feat of battle does not prove anything.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: Battle aside the dialog is pretty clear... Hulk was as good as new at the end of a rather short fight while Thor was tired and roughed up. Thor's reaction to after the Hulk leaves is also pretty clear he's ashamed that he couldn't beat Hulk without his Hammer...

I guess if you're counter argument is "it doesn't matter" I can't really argue with that...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31  Edited By SC  Moderator

I love when posters and fans use words like clearly and obviously and when you ask the writers of particular stories referenced and creators of characters they often say the opposite. As for how Thor fights without his hammer? One particularly influential editor of multiple Thor books has gone on the record, that Thor is as with his hammer and without. I don't necessary agree but thats the thing. Thor. Is. A. Fictional. Character. It really depends how you read and understand Thor. Myself I consider Thor's ability to fight depends more on his motivation. I mean one time Puma was able to escape Thor and easily dodged his hammer blows. Then again... Thor was only try to trip him up and not blow a hole through his chest. Then again consider Durok, a character Thor's hammer blows did nothing to, and Silver Surfer couldn't really hurt either. He had removed from the battle instead... yet Thor killed him sans hammer with a god blast. Then again Thor was okay with killing him. Thor's options are cut down with his hammer, but not his most potent attack. Then again because its actually super important to note, he is fictional, so always depends.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edm28: no prob :D

@TheGodofThunder: It's from avengers season 1. It came with the DVD/Blur Ray combo special for the avengers, but is indeed canon.

@Teerack: I made the video...you think that I don't know he had his hammer with him lol? But if you'd watched it, you'd see he was still able to overpower both the Gravage Hulk and the Gray Hulk. Which is a hell of a feat.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Teerack

@Fernando072295REBORN: I did watch it. I was only pointing it out cause I don't see how that feat helps this discussion because it's about him not having his hammer.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Teerack: Well seeing as how most of the fight he schooled both of them without it, I don't see the problem...

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Edm28

Yeah i agree that : @Teerack: Well seeing as how most of the fight he schooled both of them without it, I don't see problem...

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor: Son Of Asgard shows him fighting without his hammer also.

Edm28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with SC it's depend how fans read thor and the writer (for me thor still à powerfull heroe without mjolnir but sometimes he

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edm28 no Thor has never been shown to regroup limbs. Plus I don't think he can old king thor in GoT is missing both his left eye and arm and he's very old

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's just always fought with a weapon of some sort, usually Mjolnir. But the fight above in Thor 385 was cool. I like the Disassembled arc where Thor with the Odin force decimates Durok, a foe he and the Surfer together previously could not put down, so Surfer BFR'd him. Thor is a beast when written properly.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@edm28 said:

What is brick ?

A brick is a character whose only powers are drastically enhanced physical stats: superhuman strength and durability. Luke Cage and Hercules are two examples of bricks. The Hulk is usually considered one as well since his primary powers are strength and durability healing. Characters like Superman and Wonderman are sometimes called flying bricks because their primary powers are physical stats plus being able to fly.

He's just always fought with a weapon of some sort, usually Mjolnir. But the fight above in Thor 385 was cool. I like the Disassembled arc where Thor with the Odin force decimates Durok, a foe he and the Surfer together previously could not put down, so Surfer BFR'd him. Thor is a beast when written properly.

Just to be clear Thor did not have the Odinpower when he killed Durok. Thor called upon his own godly power to reduce him to a skeleton. Thor lost the Odinpower at the start of Disassembled and had not yet earned it back yet.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Does Thor still have his weather manipulation powers without Mjolnir? I would think that he would retain a degree of them as he is the 'God of Thunder'.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_titans: This is something that depends on the writer, but usually and currently, yes he does have weather manipulation without the hammer.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@x_titans said:

Does Thor still have his weather manipulation powers without Mjolnir? I would think that he would retain a degree of them as he is the 'God of Thunder'.

At the very least he can call down lighting strikes. He has shown that a few times over the decades, but like TheGodOfThunder said it heavily depends on the writer. At worst without Mjolnir in a sense you have Hercules. At best you have someone with similar physical stats as that with a bonus of energy attacks that can hurt someone on that level.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@Pyrogram: Battle aside the dialog is pretty clear... Hulk was as good as new at the end of a rather short fight while Thor was tired and roughed up. Thor's reaction to after the Hulk leaves is also pretty clear he's ashamed that he couldn't beat Hulk without his Hammer...

I guess if you're counter argument is "it doesn't matter" I can't really argue with that...

Hulk did not kick his ass ...i think Thor is physically stronger based on feats alone ..yes

but the hulk cannot be put down in a physicall fight**amazing healingfactor and yes thor looked more roughed up ..cauz hulk has a healingfactor. so he will keep coming back....but which one of hulks strength feats surpass Thors?? in his last comic Thor casually held a planet together with his bare hands..and his blows where destroying worlds @teerack

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sommyt said:

@teerack said:

Hulk did not kick his ass ...i think Thor is physically stronger based on feats alone ..yes

but the hulk cannot be put down in a physicall fight**amazing healingfactor and yes thor looked more roughed up ..cauz hulk has a healingfactor. so he will keep coming back....but which one of hulks strength feats surpass Thors?? in his last comic Thor casually held a planet together with his bare hands..and his blows where destroying worlds @teerack

I don't read post when people respond to me from something over 3 months ago.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: that's fine. I just saw this for today I am just replying to your statement for any else who might need some clarity on the subject

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most fail to understand that to be hit with that hammer would kill most living things. That was why he hardly if ever used the hammer in a fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.