Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor fans gather here and help me with this

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

when I first saw this I thought REALLY? but then it donned on me that it would be awesome for thor and sentry to wrap up again one last time to solve all the power disputes anyone agree?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm confused on what you want us to help you with.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused on what you want us to help you with.

im looking for good opinions on what a flatout fist to fist brawl would end up being like

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so Thor gets slapped down by wolverine one weak and the next he's in a power struggle with the power of a billion black holes?

whatever marvel. Hope Thor wins this bout either way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader: Hmmm a Flat out fist fight I would probably give it too Thor but Sentry is amped this time around I'm leaning towards Sentry. but since these 2 guys aren't just bricks they can do so much more than brawl this will be a huge epic battle with lots of punching flying lightning explosion's etc the comic will pretty much get Michael Bay'd. I think Sentry takes this since he is amped and stronger/more powerful than before. if it was regular Sentry then I would probably give it to Thor.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader: Hmmm a Flat out fist fight I would probably give it too Thor but Sentry is amped this time around I'm leaning towards Sentry. but since these 2 guys aren't just bricks they can do so much more than brawl this will be a huge epic battle with lots of punching flying lightning explosion's etc the comic will pretty much get Michael Bay'd. I think Sentry takes this since he is amped and stronger/more powerful than before. if it was regular Sentry then I would probably give it to Thor.

I agree with everything you said but one thing I keep thinking about is who could pull off such an arc full of expectation?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader: Glad you agree...Not sure what you mean there but if i understand correctly do you mean which writer could write and arc this big and epic if so then I don't know but Remender is doing a pretty good job at it.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrunkVader

@drunkvader: Glad you agree...Not sure what you mean there but if i understand correctly do you mean which writer could write and arc this big and epic if so then I don't know but Remender is doing a pretty good job at it.

Yeah that's what I meant I cant wait to see where this leads I get the feeling thors powers has been getting downplayed a lot though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader: I disagree. There just hasn't been a situation where he needs to unleash his full power and this looks to be one where he will have to do that. That's how it works in team books with hugely powerful characters.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaveAtThee

It will probably end in some sort of stalemate or "to-be-continued" ending.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ponder this what could thors full power be? galactus killer? worldbreaker hulk in my opinion is galactus killer

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will end up with Thor holding back and trying to get through to sentry because the scope of the battle is too great for the planet. I think it was something like 19 billion sentient creatures on there which will factor in with Thors morals.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could very well end with Thor killing Sentry again. Can't see Sentry "winning" without actually killing Thor.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deaditegonzo

Sentry always seems outright superior to Thor. It seems like any fight between the two is heavily in Sentry's favour.

Avatar image for thedevilhunter89
    thedevilhunter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By thedevilhunter89
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

really?, hulk beat Thor many times and hulk never was knocked out for good or ended in a draw with Thor(if i'm wrong please show a scan) Sentry fights the WorldwarHulk and then stalemates. sentry tears the god of war in half , defeated Terrax and holds back when he fought Genis-vell and Hercules (if he was as serious as he was in Seige he would of killed each one). and though it was non canon he beat the hell out of female Ultron. He is able to grabbed Wolverines claws with his bear hands with out so much as a scrape. and finally thor kill the void because Robert Reynolds let him.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I swear there is more threads about Thors powers than there is about Jean Gray dying

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee said:

ponder this what could thors full power be? galactus killer? worldbreaker hulk in my opinion is galactus killer

Yeah you're drunk alright, Hulk a galactus killer...haha

@plax said:

I think it will end up with Thor holding back and trying to get through to sentry because the scope of the battle is too great for the planet. I think it was something like 19 billion sentient creatures on there which will factor in with Thors morals.

Yeah and the sentry will no doubt win the first encounter against Thor at which time he will probably leave him behind and head back to his business. He(Sentry) then goes on to kill Rogue(Who was shown as getting very tight with Thor), Thor gets to hear of this and flips he goes back and gives him a Stallone, Rogueeeeee I did itttttt.

Then surely the people on here will always view the Sentry as Thor's superior because he won the first battle(No matter how, it'll be portrayed as a true reflection of Sentry's power) but Thor's victory of Sentry will be viewed as PIS and none of the feats made will ever stand up to scrutiny from the Thor haters on the site. Thor just won because Adrian died, Sylvester flipped out! It's Rocky 7 man.

This first encounter will be the word set in stone for Sentry fans, because Sentry will most likely win it and even if he loses later on, it'll be irrelevant as it was for plot reasons etc etc. Same old thing every time. The void was so durable and powerful, but the mere suggestion to Thor to "Kill me" suddenly took away all of his durability in order for Thor to kill him. Yeah...right.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson: I agree wholeheartedly and you bring up a good point about Sentrys durability. It's not like he can tone it down or anything, it shows that Thor can kill Sentry and I think if Rogue did die, Thor would become bloodlusted. In Blood and Thunder, Thor wasn't in Warriors Madness, but he did have something messed up in his head and he was going all out. He took out Silver Surfer, Adam warlock, Infinity watch and went toe to toe with Thanos. Even whilst he was captured, he was a threat to kill them all as said by Thanos who has insane durability. This is among many years of Thor feats which Sentry fans refuse to acknoweledge as it indicates that it isnt in fact PIS.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@bodinson: I agree wholeheartedly and you bring up a good point about Sentrys durability. It's not like he can tone it down or anything, it shows that Thor can kill Sentry and I think if Rogue did die, Thor would become bloodlusted. In Blood and Thunder, Thor wasn't in Warriors Madness, but he did have something messed up in his head and he was going all out. He took out Silver Surfer, Adam warlock, Infinity watch and went toe to toe with Thanos. Even whilst he was captured, he was a threat to kill them all as said by Thanos who has insane durability. This is among many years of Thor feats which Sentry fans refuse to acknoweledge as it indicates that it isnt in fact PIS.

Yeah it was the valkyrie or something that messed with his head or something, can't remember fully. I know it wasn't full on warriors madness seen as it would kill him(If I recall correctly on Odins take of warriors madness).

Thor is a beast...it's primarily for that reason that I'd like to see him have a run where he isn't bound to earth and earthly problems, he can't quite cut loose there. If he punches anyone on earth as hard as he did Gorr(Where the planet cracked) his beloved earth would be no more, it's for that reason that he always holds back. The Void on the other hand couldn't have given a damn about earth and its people so naturally he would seem far more destructive and powerful in comparison to many heroes capable of great feats(Thor included).

Most people on here already know that, that's why they use the "morals off / bloodlust" angle to indicate it's no hold barred in some of these vs threads. It's always easy to view the villain as being more powerful because he doesn't mind using his power for destructive purposes. <<Take the Odin and Infinity(His darker side) as the perfect example. That just shows what Odin is capable off IF he was to cut loose...

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson: Yeah, I'd like to see more of his side like he was against Glory or vs the Celestials. He knew the scale of the problem and had to do whatever it took, i.e Godblast or Storm of a thousand worlds or something. A cosmic adventure I think is overdue. A bloodlusted Thor is a scary thought and the fact that he has he feats he does whilst holding really makes you think what he can do.

It's also a problem I think with BRB where some people think because he cuts back less, he's more powerful.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

I doubt that DOES NOT like sentry at all he killed loki and almost destroyed asgard so I doubt he would try to get through to sentry plus before rob went all uber blod void thing at the end of siege thor stated he wanted Robert to pay for what he did it would be a friggin wet dream battle nonetheless

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wet dream battle? Marvel doesn't know how to write battles.

3 possibilities

A) dumb downed sentry... - The guy consistently speed blitzes. What will happen now when he squares off against Thor who seemed to be out classed in speed by a street level wolverine (freakin shame)

B) a full powered Thor... Thor actually being fast with countering sentry's speed blitz... despite his combat speed being non existent since the 80/90's

C) a really awful battle that will last a panel or two.... 1 or 2 common explosions, neither character achieving fast combats speeds. will look more like a bad wcw wrestling match then a brawl of uber beings...

/sigh

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@bodinson: Yeah, I'd like to see more of his side like he was against Glory or vs the Celestials. He knew the scale of the problem and had to do whatever it took, i.e Godblast or Storm of a thousand worlds or something. A cosmic adventure I think is overdue. A bloodlusted Thor is a scary thought and the fact that he has he feats he does whilst holding really makes you think what he can do.

It's also a problem I think with BRB where some people think because he cuts back less, he's more powerful.

I think BRB is actually a good scale for Thor. It is after all Thor's power(technically speaking) that he's using to accomplish his great feats(planet busting etc). So I think what BRB does shows what Thor CAN do(And more) if he was in similar situations. I agree though, a good cosmic adventure for the Thunderer is long over due now.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: I think C is most likely, don't think there will be enough panels to do a good fight with all the others facing off as well.

@bodinson: I agree about him being a good measuring stick. It's just when people don't realise BRB is holding back less and then think he's stronger.

@drunkvader: Whilst I'm hoping that he goes all out, I don't like how he was talking to Sentry rather than hitting him or something since Sentry had just taken him and was grabbing him

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@phisigmatau: I think C is most likely, don't think there will be enough panels to do a good fight with all the others facing off as well.

@bodinson: I agree about him being a good measuring stick. It's just when people don't realise BRB is holding back less and then think he's stronger.

@drunkvader: Whilst I'm hoping that he goes all out, I don't like how he was talking to Sentry rather than hitting him or something since Sentry had just taken him and was grabbing him

EXACTLY I thought that was some bullshit he kills the dudes brother almost destroys his home and thors just like "oh hey long time no see still splitting personalities I see" wtf?

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Plax

@drunkvader:

Exactly, it's like they're having a hard time to draw the line for Thor's nobility and honour which common sense would say that after what happened in Siege, he shouldn't be trying to talk to Sentry.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DrunkVader

@plax said:

@drunkvader:

Exactly, it's like they're having a hard time to draw the line for Thor's nobility and honour which common sense would say that after what happened in Siege, he shouldn't be trying to talk to Sentry.

like I said in a previous comment one thing i really hope doesn't happen is they hand this could be arc over to someone who has no clue how to deliver an epic battle I mean in my opinion ever since blood and thunder thor seems like hes just gotten weak like hed have a hard time with Frankenstein or something

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@drunkvader said:

@haveatthee said:

@plax said:

Yeah and the sentry will no doubt win the first encounter against Thor at which time he will probably leave him behind and head back to his business. He(Sentry) then goes on to kill Rogue(Who was shown as getting very tight with Thor), Thor gets to hear of this and flips he goes back and gives him a Stallone, Rogueeeeee I did itttttt.

Then surely the people on here will always view the Sentry as Thor's superior because he won the first battle(No matter how, it'll be portrayed as a true reflection of Sentry's power) but Thor's victory of Sentry will be viewed as PIS and none of the feats made will ever stand up to scrutiny from the Thor haters on the site. Thor just won because Adrian died, Sylvester flipped out! It's Rocky 7 man.

This first encounter will be the word set in stone for Sentry fans, because Sentry will most likely win it and even if he loses later on, it'll be irrelevant as it was for plot reasons etc etc. Same old thing every time. The void was so durable and powerful, but the mere suggestion to Thor to "Kill me" suddenly took away all of his durability in order for Thor to kill him. Yeah...right.

;) Probably a faithful rendering of their encounter and pretty much how I predict it as well.

Round 1; Sentry and people will be spazzing out over Sentrys win and never ever mind round 2 that I think will be in Thors favour. Bet on it

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hel said:

@bodinson said:

@drunkvader said:

@haveatthee said:

@plax said:

;) Probably a faithful rendering of their encounter and pretty much how I predict it as well.

Round 1; Sentry and people will be spazzing out over Sentrys win and never ever mind round 2 that I think will be in Thors favour. Bet on it

you know im honestly glad sentry and thor got beef going now I was getting so sick of thor vs hulk all the damn time

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader:

He's definitely not as powerful in comparison to what he used to be. He's had sporadic good feats, but he really needs to establish himself over top tier Earth opposition when he should be Earths Mightiest Hero, especially after his showing in AVX. People like Silver Surfer have been upgraded like Annihilation and Nova Prime. I wish they would give something like that to Thor. Not Odinforce or that, but something else. Maybe something like his Elder God heritage boosting his powers.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@drunkvader:

He's definitely not as powerful in comparison to what he used to be. He's had sporadic good feats, but he really needs to establish himself over top tier Earth opposition when he should be Earths Mightiest Hero, especially after his showing in AVX. People like Silver Surfer have been upgraded like Annihilation and Nova Prime. I wish they would give something like that to Thor. Not Odinforce or that, but something else. Maybe something like his Elder God heritage boosting his powers.

odin said thor is still growing in power and one day he will be even more powerful than himself with the odinforce that's a huge check for marvel to cash

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader:

That's a good point, theres a lot of potential for them to write with Thor and many different ways to go about it. I'm gonna hold out to see what they do in TGOT. Hopefully, they use his potential and make it more of an aspect of him.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DrunkVader

@plax said:

@drunkvader:

That's a good point, theres a lot of potential for them to write with Thor and many different ways to go about it. I'm gonna hold out to see what they do in TGOT. Hopefully, they use his potential and make it more of an aspect of him.

is that story over I havnt gotten a new issue in like 4 months

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader: Yeah, ended this month up to issue 11, I found it to be really great work. Theres another issue out this month I think also with Thor on Earth.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax said:

@drunkvader: Yeah, ended this month up to issue 11, I found it to be really great work. Theres another issue out this month I think also with Thor on Earth.

i love gorr very awesome character in my opinion

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Plax

@drunkvader: Yeah, he was a real character with depth and progressed in terms of how dangerous he was. I hope theres more of him in the future somewhere.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sommyt

@plax said:

@drunkvader: Yeah, he was a real character with depth and progressed in terms of how dangerous he was. I hope theres more of him in the future somewhere.

yes indeed

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We just saw how powerful Thor is in the God of Thunder recent issues. He punches Gorr so hard a nearby planet cracks, and he has to speed toward it to patch it together and save the planet. It was also followed by one of the most tender moments, when the planet's citizens were ever so grateful to Thor. Heck, even Young Thor hit Gorr so hard it sent him through a wormhole.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: He also has some great durability feats from GOT but it's a shame they probably won't translate into other titles.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

can't they both just get along

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.