Thor experts, how many enemies has Thor killed?

#1 Edited by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

He's had thousands of years of experience which would make him one of the most experienced superheroes and therefore he may have the largest kill count, it was suggested to me that the number of foes he has slain could be from millions to billions. I was told that he and other norse gods killed a billion billion beings but I never found a story about that.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: hes killed alot

#3 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus:

Eighty days fighting. He may have killed at least millions of enemies on this battle.

#4 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod: If he can kill millions in just eighty days which I presume to be a very small percentage of his total duration of battling within his thousands of years of lifetime, yeah in that case he may have slaughtered billions

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: He's said before he's seen stars born and die in his lifetime. Yeah, he's killed well into the upper trillions by now I'd say.

#6 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod: I guess he's the new ultimate killer. I borrowed your scan and used it for my thread:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/616-thor-vs-ultimate-thor/736465/#106

#7 Posted by BigCimmerian (8069 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but this is stupid question. As others have said Thor has killed at least billions of monsters, giants, humans, orcs, gods, trolls, elves, aliens, demons, dwarves etc.

#8 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Stars die at least 10 or more millions/billions of years after they are born, if Thor lived before their birth and continue to live after their death then yes he would've killed at least trillions more enemies than every other Superhero but however he has only been described as a few thousand years old.

#10 Edited by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: It is obvious he is older than thousands of years... His father Odin was alive before life was on earth, and Thor was alive then ( as a child ) , so go figure.

#11 Posted by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod: Never seen this , wow.

#12 Edited by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Wow he did? if he really had several billions of years of battle experience and if the scan shown by Asagod shown how he regularly battled then I guess he must've at least killed trillions or even tens of trillions of foes lol

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be at least in the low millions

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: I doubt trillions. Minimum a few million though. Which in incredible.

#15 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Hmm well because he's been alive for billions of years, it's likely that he killed at least several billions

#17 Edited by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: I'm not sure he is a billion years old, how long did it take for earth to evolve humans?

I read and proper life ( not single cells ) evolved at 570 million years atleast. So that makes Thor 570million years old...

If he was only alive with prehistoric humans he is 7million years old.

But thats only taking into account 1 comic about his dad, it could be considered PIS.

#18 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Life on earth began approximately 11 billion years after the Big Bang which occurred approximately 14 billion years before present time, if you said he lived before life even began to evolve on earth then I'd say it's possible that he's fought enough battles to destroy a few hundred billion enemies. Even if he's only a few million years old, I'd still consider it safe to say that he's slain several billion.

#19 Posted by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: earth is not even 5 billion years old....

#20 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me i am wrong, didnt thor and argard in some sort of time loop where everything was going over and over in ragnarok or something iirc

#21 Posted by Sloucher (13 posts) - - Show Bio

What story are those scans from?

#22 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary: I've heard about the Ragnarok cycle but never quite understood it, the only bit I get is that the Asgardians would die in the battle of Ragnarok get resurrected and then continue to experience a lifetime similar to the previous

#23 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: I never said it was

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: You said

": Life on earth began approximately 11 billion years after the Big Bang which occurred approximately 14 billion years before present time,"

#25 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghostodoofus: It is unknown how many beings Thor has killed, whether

intentionally or unintentionally, over the millenia.

#26 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm both I guess

#27 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sloucher said:

What story are those scans from?

It's The Mighty Thor #012.1 (#633.1).

@Ghostodoofus:

I am not sure how many he killed inn that scan I posted before. I just guess he killed at least a million, because he fought for eighty days.

I think he may have killed at least a thousand enemies per hour. If we make the calculations we will have almost two million deads in eighty days.

I'm just posting this out, because these are my thoughts, and maybe I'm wrong with my speculations.

We also need to have in mind that Thor, while young was much more battle thirsty than after he have own Mjolnir. This battle is, I believe, one of the big battles and not one which happens everyday.

#28 Posted by Ghostodoofus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Good point, but believing that he's lived for billions of years (that's if it's true that he existed before life began on earth) I'd count that he's slaughtered tens of billions or even hundreds of billions, maybe trillions and that's if he regularly battled.

#29 Posted by HaveAtThee (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the general agreement regarding Thor's age is that he's a few thousand years old, give or take a couple of centuries. Odin is another matter entirely. It's never been entirely clarified, and that goes for all of Marvel's gods (Olympians, etc.).

#30 Posted by Pyrogram (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee said:

I think the general agreement regarding Thor's age is that he's a few thousand years old, give or take a couple of centuries. Odin is another matter entirely. It's never been entirely clarified, and that goes for all of Marvel's gods (Olympians, etc.).

No, Thor is without a doubt over one hundred thousand years old.

#31 Posted by THORSON (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

thousands including hulk like twice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.