Thor: EMH

• 80 results
#1 Posted by BlackWind (6798 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay enough of these "how strong is Thor/what can his hammer do/do without his hammer" threads.

How did ComicVine's more experienced Thor fans feel about his portrayal in Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I'd say this was the best animated Thor I've seen.

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24940 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his EMH showings, most people were mad about his showings against the Hulk but honestly Hulk was pretty much set to WWHulk for 90% of the series while Thor was at his usual power level.

#3 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

thor gets smacked around a lot in that series... powerful lightning blasts but thats it... he gets jobbed a lot

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: yea he does but so does alot of the other characters

#5 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@cmartin: yea he does but so does alot of the other characters

maybe iron man...

hulk is supreme.... favourite he beat all of them in one episode....

#6 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

I think EMH Thor was indeed the best incarnation.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: i must have missed that episode

#8 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: beats them all up... thor was doing well till they made him look like a doofus.... and swing and miss hulk.....

that episode is in series 1

#9 Posted by Sloucher (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he was portrayed pretty good in EMH.

It makes me wonder how he will be portrayed in Avengers Assemble.

#10 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

That was Thors best portrayal in an animated show.

#11 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I was very happy with Thor's portrayal in EMH, he had a decent amount of awesome moments, and they did his personality well. I also liked the episodes focused on Asgard and such. Loved that show, I'm gonna miss it!

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

It was one of the best ever in cartoon.

@cmartin said:

thor gets smacked around a lot in that series... powerful lightning blasts but thats it... he gets jobbed a lot

Stop thinking all Thor is, is a power house...

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

It sucked they made Thor boring somehow..... He never had a great fight it was just getting beat up and some lightning. They should have made is character way more interesting but the development in the show was horrible anyways.

#14 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin said:

Im sorry how dare i think thor mightiest of asgard asgard ia a powerhouse

#15 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

It sucked they made Thor boring somehow..... He never had a great fight it was just getting beat up and some lightning. They should have made is character way more interesting but the development in the show was horrible anyways.

this... about sums it up..

hulk is unbeatable...rarely gets beat(as usual)

thor gets jobbed (as usual)

cap and panther are portrayed well

#16 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor jobbed for 2 seasons but it was worth waiting to see him almost single handily taking down galactus.

#17 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder said:

Thor jobbed for 2 seasons but it was worth waiting to see him almost single handily taking down galactus.

yes thor was jobbed

I didnt see that episode..... Ill have to look it up

#18 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: It's the very last episode.

#19 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: thanks Im gonna watch....

#20 Edited by HaveAtThee (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was portrayed very well for the most part. The only thing I didn't like was that he was very ignorant as to what happens on Earth. He was dumbfounded by technology in general and seemed a bit too old fashioned of a character, but it is a cartoon after all. They nailed the mythological aspect down as well as they could without angering parents or religious groups. Let's not get carried away that Thor was a weakling in the show.

He had a TON of awesome showings. The fight with Graviton was a great showing for both Hulk and Thor, without whom the others would've been squished like bugs. When the Leader infected Earth with that Gamma Bomb, Thor wasn't affected and totally toyed with an amped up Absorbing Man until using him as a projectile weapon to KO Leader. He purposely took a beating from both Absorbing Man and Abomination without flinching and then KO'ed them both. He singlehandedly made the Wrecking Crew look like buffoons. When Loki obtained the Odin Force and was nearly omnipotent, he regarded Thor as the biggest threat from any of The Avengers, including Hulk. That's only from Season 1.

Season 2 he's portrayed as their biggest powerhouse. His return to Earth singlehandedly turned the tide of the Skrull invasion, knocking the Super-Skrulls around like pests. He took the Vision's best shot when he shot like a rocket from outer-space (at 800 tons or something), knocking Thor back to Earth, and was ready to pulverize him afterward. He singlehandedly destroyed the entire Kree Army and KO'ed the Supreme Intelligence when the rest of the team couldn't do squat. Oh yeah, I forgot, he also brought Galactus to his knees in the grand finale and charbroiled one of his heralds.

Strictly as a powerhouse, the EMH cartoon treated Thor like the god he is. Moreso than many of his comic book appearances not written by Jason Aaron, JMS or Kieron Gillen.

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin said:

Im sorry how dare i think thor mightiest of asgard asgard ia a powerhouse

Odin is.

#22 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good show. Shame they ended it....

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinfulplayerx: Agreed :(

#24 Posted by Nightwing4 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: apparently Avengers Assemble is supposed to be a 'soft reboot.' As long as they keep the same characterizations I'll be happy.

#25 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram:

thor is the strongest of the norse gods....

so yes sometimes some fans would like to see that strength displayed..

anymore rules that we need to follow ....? Oh great one...

get over yourself... and stop trying to tell people what to like...

its a simple as that

#26 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@Pyrogram:

its a simple as that

Odin is much stronger...

#27 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin said:

@Pyrogram:

its a simple as that

Odin is much stronger...

yeah kid whatever

#28 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: Are you seriously saying Thor is stronger xD lmfao!

#29 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

refer to last post..

#30 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

anyway back on subject.. I look forward to watching that episode when thor took out galactus .. sounds epic

#31 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

refer to last post..

what does that even mean? If you think Thor is stronger than Odin I pity you.

#32 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

did thor get slapped around by beta ray bill.... I missed that episode.

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

NUFF SAID!

#34 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee: The only problem was no matter how great his showings were, especially the vision one, whenever they fought Hulk, he Jobbed so hard. I'm not calling for him to beat the crap out of hulk, but he literally just got swatted away by Hulk a few times. Why can't we get a fight where both look good? I think he could have defeated Galactus by himself in the last episode because they were literally doing nothing to him until thor showed up and knocked him over immediately, but then he jobs to hulk.

#35 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: What's wrong with wanting thor to show some Asgardian muscle once in awhile? Super strength is in his power set after all, so why not show it? Obviously he shouldn't only use super strength, but it does seem to be one of his attributes that is being downplayed heavily these days. In Marvel Now Avengers #1, all we see is hulk punching Thor and that is it, fight over. In issue 3 we see Hyperion tussle with Hulk. Thor and Hyperion used to be equals, but to me it seems like they are showing hyperion and Hulk as the strongest and above thor.

#36 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH vs Hulk vs...........yea EMH wins hands down. Thor had a pretty decent showing, while he did get beat up, at the same time he still got up from it all...........Hulk was far from unbeateable, didn't Widow and Hawkeye take him down.........though him with Exicutioner's axe was pretty nice. Something people have to realize is that when it comes to fighting one super strong enemy then yea Hulk is your go to guy, but when you are facing an army Thor is your best weapon. They were the Avengers in the show far as I saw they were both shown pretty well..........the Galactus thing did put Thor on top in my book though

#37 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: He did in the show, he punched hulk for example and sent him flying, that is 1 thing... If you re-watch it you can see they did Thor justice.

#38 Edited by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his voice in this show.

My favourite bits are when he's been away from Earth, and then returns in big, crucial fights. That's what Thor should be like.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (20757 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee said:

Thor was portrayed very well for the most part. The only thing I didn't like was that he was very ignorant as to what happens on Earth. He was dumbfounded by technology in general and seemed a bit too old fashioned of a character, but it is a cartoon after all. They nailed the mythological aspect down as well as they could without angering parents or religious groups. Let's not get carried away that Thor was a weakling in the show.

He had a TON of awesome showings. The fight with Graviton was a great showing for both Hulk and Thor, without whom the others would've been squished like bugs. When the Leader infected Earth with that Gamma Bomb, Thor wasn't affected and totally toyed with an amped up Absorbing Man until using him as a projectile weapon to KO Leader. He purposely took a beating from both Absorbing Man and Abomination without flinching and then KO'ed them both. He singlehandedly made the Wrecking Crew look like buffoons. When Loki obtained the Odin Force and was nearly omnipotent, he regarded Thor as the biggest threat from any of The Avengers, including Hulk. That's only from Season 1.

Season 2 he's portrayed as their biggest powerhouse. His return to Earth singlehandedly turned the tide of the Skrull invasion, knocking the Super-Skrulls around like pests. He took the Vision's best shot when he shot like a rocket from outer-space (at 800 tons or something), knocking Thor back to Earth, and was ready to pulverize him afterward. He singlehandedly destroyed the entire Kree Army and KO'ed the Supreme Intelligence when the rest of the team couldn't do squat. Oh yeah, I forgot, he also brought Galactus to his knees in the grand finale and charbroiled one of his heralds.

Strictly as a powerhouse, the EMH cartoon treated Thor like the god he is. Moreso than many of his comic book appearances not written by Jason Aaron, JMS or Kieron Gillen.

QFT. I loved the EMH portrayal of Thor too. His character was nailed in the show and this post demonstrates his impressive showings in the show.

#40 Posted by HaveAtThee (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, they actually show him CATCHING and LOWERING the island of Manhattan back into its place. Hulk didn't do nearly anything as impressive. Thor's character was awesome in the show.

Beta Ray Bill got the drop on Thor because Thor was stunned when Bill was able to lift and wield Mjolnir. That's how BRB did it in Simonson's legendary run. No reason to cry about that.

In both of his "fights" with Hulk he's not really trying to severely harm Hulk. He gets 3-4 great shots on Hulk (even one without Mjolnir) and is the only Avenger who can realistically take him down. In the second season he's even telling Hulk that he doesn't want to hurt him while he's hitting him.

Oh yeah, and I forgot his phenomenal fights with the Frost Giants in Asgard. He shows up and trounces four of them (they were made HUGE in comparison to the movie and comics). One slams an entire building onto him and it merely stuns him. He then catches one of the swords and hurls a giant into the wall. One quick lightning storm and he barbeques them all.

One of my personal favorites is the way he owned Red Hulk. Rulky tried to lift the Statue of Liberty and Thor just swatted him away out of sight.

Once again, Thor looked GREAT in the show. If he had similar showings in the Avengers books all the street-level worshippers would whine about how "Thor is too powerful wahhh."

#41 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee: True, those frost giants are literally giants! Rulk got battered, glad it did not go down the Leob :P

#42 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee said:

Guys, they actually show him CATCHING and LOWERING the island of Manhattan back into its place. Hulk didn't do nearly anything as impressive. Thor's character was awesome in the show.

Beta Ray Bill got the drop on Thor because Thor was stunned when Bill was able to lift and wield Mjolnir. That's how BRB did it in Simonson's legendary run. No reason to cry about that.

In both of his "fights" with Hulk he's not really trying to severely harm Hulk. He gets 3-4 great shots on Hulk (even one without Mjolnir) and is the only Avenger who can realistically take him down. In the second season he's even telling Hulk that he doesn't want to hurt him while he's hitting him.

Oh yeah, and I forgot his phenomenal fights with the Frost Giants in Asgard. He shows up and trounces four of them (they were made HUGE in comparison to the movie and comics). One slams an entire building onto him and it merely stuns him. He then catches one of the swords and hurls a giant into the wall. One quick lightning storm and he barbeques them all.

One of my personal favorites is the way he owned Red Hulk. Rulky tried to lift the Statue of Liberty and Thor just swatted him away out of sight.

Once again, Thor looked GREAT in the show. If he had similar showings in the Avengers books all the street-level worshippers would whine about how "Thor is too powerful wahhh."

wasnt aware that hulk fought thor in the second season.... from what youre saying thor lost again.......

now this is where i have a problem this ...thor v hulk is marvels biggest rivalry.....

why couldnt they have let thor win one of the 2 clashes they make hulk win everytime..... nearly...

avengers unlimited.. hulk beats thor

hulk vs thor ... hulk kills thor

emh season 1 ... hulk beats thor and avengers

emh season 2 hulk beats thor....

where is the regard for the thor fans..... I just canot understand.... why marvel does this..... in the last 10 years hulk has beaten thor in every confrontation....

so how is it a rivalry...... its all one way .....

and the excuse is thor is holding back.....

.... very disappointing

#43 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@HaveAtThee said:

wasnt aware that hulk fought thor in the second season.... from what youre saying thor lost again.......

The avengers got in the way before it ended.

now this is where i have a problem this ...thor v hulk is marvels biggest rivalry.....

why couldnt they have let thor win one of the 2 clashes they make hulk win everytime..... nearly...

He knocked Hulk back farr with a punch before it ended, so he technically got the last hit.

That is ultimate thor is who weaker.

where is the regard for the thor fans..... I just canot understand.... why marvel does this..... in the last 10 years hulk has beaten thor in every confrontation....

.... very disappointing

Your not a Thor fan, please go away, You can't expect him to win everything, his portrayal was amazing, who cares if he was not as strong as YOU want, most most or nearly all fans agree EMH made him amazing. So stop posting Thor did not win waa waa waa

#44 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@cmartin said:

@HaveAtThee said:

The avengers got in the way before it ended.

He knocked Hulk back farr with a punch before it ended, so he technically got the last hit.

That is ultimate thor is who weaker.

.... very disappointing

Your not a Thor fan, please go away, You can't expect him to win everything, his portrayal was amazing, who cares if he was not as strong as YOU want, most most or nearly all fans agree EMH made him amazing. So stop posting Thor did not win waa waa waa

little guy why are you throwing personal insults around

if my posts annoy you so much can you just not read my posts... its that simple... that was for other thor fans who would like to see thor get a fair showing..... look up the meaning of the word rivalry, you cant lose 10 times straight to someone and still be considered a rival

if my posts make you this emotional Dont read or respond to my posts... are you a stalker........? just me ignore me... like i ignore you...

kind regards

#45 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: I will not ignore somebody who is making a character that is amazing seem like somebody who is strength and only strength. Go read a COMIC, Thor does not lose all the time.

#46 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

in relation to the threads topic... EMH is a decent thor depiction....

thor appeared in the hulk animation series a while back and they clashed he was a better thor IMO .... looked and acted mighty... he also appeared in fantastic 4 and helped take down galactus i prefer that thor... but emh is decent

#47 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I found Thor's confusion on Earth as the most endearing thing ever. His face when encountering a straw is priceless.

#48 Posted by Pyrogram (40942 posts) - - Show Bio

@04nbod: lmfao , soo true

#49 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@04nbod said:

I found Thor's confusion on Earth as the most endearing thing ever. His face when encountering a straw is priceless.

Yeh me too, and when he is confused about the Avengers card making noises. I liked his conversations with other Avengers, especially Iron Man, and Hulk.

#50 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

: @HaveAtThee said:

This!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.