Thor did not lift the Midgard Serpant

#1 Edited by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people say that he did? He only lifted a portion of it. I dont get...

#2 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

are you satisfied?

@Pyrogram:

#3 Posted by Pyrogram (34313 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTruthNerds: @evilvegeta74: Actually, it has been debunked that he did not actually lift it fully for some reason, well he lifted the ENTIRE snake but it was not in the same weight as usual, but that feat is still pretty uber strong.

#4 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTruthNerds: he not only lifted it but he had to overpower the serpent that was able to crush it.... Thor strenght is amazing

#5 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt said:

@TheTruthNerds: he not only lifted it but he had to overpower the serpent that was able to crush it.... Thor strenght is amazing

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@TheTruthNerds: @evilvegeta74: Actually, it has been debunked that he did not actually lift it fully for some reason, well he lifted the ENTIRE snake but it was not in the same weight as usual, but that feat is still pretty uber strong.

It was the best I could come up with!

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (34313 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: :D

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that they brought a feat from the actual mythology into comics. Though it does beg the question why no one like Reed Richards or Stark, or even supervillains like Doom never found the serpent prior to that. You'd think someone like Doom could find a use for a snake large enough to wrap around and crush the entire globe.

#9 Posted by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Yea man it has been debunked already. He did not lift the whole thing, but only a portion. Kinda like letting the serpent know gtfo. lol. I mean that is a bit of an exaggeration for Thors regular MO.

#10 Posted by Pyrogram (34313 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTruthNerds: No, he did lift the whole thing but it was not the full weight beacuse it was warped.

#11 Posted by TheDEMON! (468 posts) - - Show Bio

why are superman fanboys so obsessed with Thor pulling the serpent? he did not even lifted it he pulled it away from earth and yes that is a good strength feat.

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he lift it again during Simonson's run?

#13 Posted by themadsurfer (300 posts) - - Show Bio

He did more then lift her he broke her grip that was crushing the Earth. So Thor overpowered Midgard's Serpent strength and also pushed her weigh in the space.

#14 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares? That's not his best strength feat.

#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

What is? I'm not arguing and am just curious. I love a good strength feat.

#16 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

#17 Posted by THORSON (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

why would someone bump this?

#18 Posted by SheenLantern (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

@perethorn said:

That's his best strength feat? Thor is.....*Checks Marvel Wiki* 640lbs (Damn), add a few dozen tons for the metal and he was only fighting against...maybe a few trillion tons? At the most.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.