Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Dead = Me upset

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Powerzone789

so witht the new announcement of a new god of thunder, who doesn't look to impressive if you ask me, what are everyone's thoughts about this, i personally don't like the look of the new god of thunder ( he looks like a 60 year old man on steroids) and thor just recently came bcak, they can't just kill him off or replace him as god of thunder, this makes no sense, my personal all time fav seen is when the avengers are fighting the time misplaced villians and he runs head on into galactus, thor is a badass character that still has limitless potential, i find it rather frusterating that they are replace him...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

If the one, true Thor is indeed dead; that's absolute bulls--t!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@PowerHerc: Ah come on even if he is like it will last even a year.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

@Omega Ray Jay: Yeah, you're right. But I'm sick of all the character'death stunts.

If Thor is dead we all know it won't last, but why can't the creative teams figure something better where we don't have to see our favorite characters continually killed-off and ressurrected in a now never-ending cycle.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@PowerHerc said:

@Omega Ray Jay: Yeah, you're right. But I'm sick of all the character'death stunts.

If Thor is dead we all know it won't last, but why can't the creative teams figure something better where we don't have to see our favorite characters continually killed-off and ressurrected in a now never-ending cycle.

YOU'RE mad that Thor's dead, even though he's coming back in a year at most. I'M mad Bucky Barnes is dead and probably won't come back, at least in quite a while, AND his death was so bad, it was pretty much just some sorry excuse to warn the others. LOL. See the difference... lol. :P

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@ReVamp: Whoa! I'm not trying to fight, here. I didn't like how or the fact that Bucky died again, either. We agree about Bucky. I wasn't trying to compare the two events.

I'm just stating my opinion of Thor's apparent demise on this thread where Thor's death is the topic.

The use of death in comics has lost it's punch; it's shock value, and is now just a gimmick that actually punishes loyal readers by taking away our favorite characters (for at least a little bit) so the publishers can try to capitalize on the death by marketing it to casual fans and speculators. It's all bulls--t!

Thor will probably be back soon. With Bucky; who knows if he'll ever be back? Both death were and are pointless.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@PowerHerc said:

@ReVamp: Whoa! I'm not trying to fight, here. I didn't like how or the fact that Bucky died again, either. We agree about Bucky. I wasn't trying to compare the two events.

I'm just stating my opinion of Thor's apparent demise on this thread where Thor's death is the topic.

The use of death in comics has lost it's punch; it's shock value, and is now just a gimmick that actually punishes loyal readers by taking away our favorite characters (for at least a little bit) so the publishers can try to capitalize on the death by marketing it to casual fans and speculators. It's all bulls--t!

Thor will probably be back soon. With Bucky; who knows if he'll ever be back? Both death were and are pointless.

Oh, it wasn't aimed at you, sorry. :/

I was aiming at OP... And I'm not trying to fight by any means, just trying to share my pain, LOL. hehe.

The reason I quoted you is cause I agreed with your post, specifically as a reply to Omega Ray Jay. :)

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@PowerHerc: Yeah a more creative way of getting a character legitimately out of the picture for a few months would be a refreshing change to 'Hey look everyone we killed this guy off' it's just kinda lazy these days.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

@Omega Ray Jay said:

@PowerHerc: Yeah a more creative way of getting a character legitimately out of the picture for a few months would be a refreshing change to 'Hey look everyone we killed this guy off' it's just kinda lazy these days.

Yes.

@ReVamp: Cool. No problem.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By iLLituracy

Thor's not dead, though. So...

CodeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CodeSaint

They shouldn't kill a character that they recentilly ressurected just for subistitute him with a new character that's not intersting at all.I would like Marvel to expand other mythologies but not taking Thor off.If they want a new thunder god just put both as rivals,there could be one to each pantheon.They can spotlight a new character without killing an old one.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

Didn't Thor just come back? So what, he goes through like 3 events and then dies again? The f*ck, Marvel?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

Thor's dead?

Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
    Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is not dead.

We don't even know if he's going to die.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:

Thor is not dead.

We don't even know if he's going to die.

Exactly. Not to mention he just had a blockbuster movie that's coming out NEXT week along with toys, video games, cartoons; people are more aware of Marvel's Thor more than ever, he's not going to die and if he DOES die it won't last but an issue, or at the most ONE story arc. Come on people, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here but falling for something as dumb as this little gimmick stunt Marvel's pulling is a little sad...
    harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#16  Edited By harleyquinn12

I'm not doubting the fact that Marvel doesn't have the guts to kill off thor, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. They wouldn't kill off Bucky and Thor in the same event.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

@PowerHerc: Wait did thor die cause i havent been ceeping up this romer if it is a romer.

My reaction if thor is dead would be - Due to the words used in this comment It has been removed -

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Billy Batson

He isn't dead.
    BB

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Powerzone789

didn't mean to say he was dead, he;s supposed to die in the upcoming battle with the snake in fear itself. But the new god of thunder...is just soooo lame. idk thor could possibly be depowered like herc instead, but the least they could do is make beta ray bill the new god of thunder, this new guy...looks so lame...  

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Billy Batson

He looks like a monkey/chimp which is awesome.
    BB

vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vidarrodinson

Just what we need.  Another Thor shadow.  Well we'll put him with the rest.  Nobilus, Red Norvell, Thunderstrike,  Beta Ray Bill,  Ragnarok  and whoever else I forgot.  But this guy could be the Thor that dies like Red Norvell  did before.  He looks like a hero. 
    Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Powerzone789

his hammer is sweet but he looks stupid
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I don't like his hammer. Looks like a staff.
    04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By 04nbod

Who is placing bets of Sif shacking up with this one too. I wonder if her lust for Mjolnir stretches to any symbol of power

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Billy Batson said:

He isn't dead.
    BB

So if Thor isn't dead where is he and when is he comming back??

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Powerzone789 said:

didn't mean to say he was dead, he;s supposed to die in the upcoming battle with the snake in fear itself. But the new god of thunder...is just soooo lame. idk thor could possibly be depowered like herc instead, but the least they could do is make beta ray bill the new god of thunder, this new guy...looks so lame...

Maybe they were going for a Cro Magnon, Conan feel?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.